PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920 have bayonet lug?

darknight
02-22-09, 19:26
Wondering...

Does the Colt 6920 have a bayonet lug on it?

All 6920's?

SCULLY
02-22-09, 19:28
Yes they do.

Cold Zero
02-22-09, 19:30
You betcha.:eek:

TOM1911
02-22-09, 20:16
Mine has one, Hard to use with a bayonet what with the 16" barrel and all:rolleyes:

Jay Cunningham
02-22-09, 20:20
Yes. They are pointless, of course.

LRRP-87
02-22-09, 21:25
Wondering...

Does the Colt 6920 have a bayonet lug on it?

All 6920's?

Why? Did you receive one that doesn't have the bayo lug?

Veracity
02-22-09, 22:27
Yes...and I had to have both of mine ground off to comply with my state's crazy gun laws.

EzGoingKev
02-22-09, 22:31
I said exactly that to someone today and he came back with that his bipod mounts to it.

I guess for that they do have some use.

Jay Cunningham
02-22-09, 22:36
lol

I personally consider a bipod on an LE6920 pointless as well, but to each his own!

usaffarmer
02-22-09, 22:52
lol

I personally consider a bipod on an LE6920 pointless as well, but to each his own!

But you never know when you might need to go prone for more accuracy... :rolleyes:

NinjaMedic
02-23-09, 00:26

What kind of statement is that? How the hell do you expect to protect yourself from a drive-by bayonetting if you cant put a bayonet on your own AR? I mean really . . .

:D

thedog
02-23-09, 02:51
That's why we buy as much ammo as we can! Bayonets are cool. Bullets are better!

dog

LRRP-87
02-23-09, 09:27
The only time I've ever used a bayonet was at Ft. Benning back in the day when I was being trained to use one. What's the spirit of the bayonet? KILL! KILL! KILL! What's it made of? HARD COLD STEEL! :D

jhs1969
02-23-09, 10:03
OP,

A bayonet will not properly fit on a 16" barrel, the bayonet ring, when locked on the lug, fits loose around the barrel instead of the flash hider. A bayonet fits properly on a 20" and a 14.5". In the past I've seen 'long handled' bayonets that were made for a 16" barrel but they look really weird with a handle that is an 1.5" longer that normal.

A pistol works better than a bayonet anyway, IMO:p

darknight
02-23-09, 12:00
I've read somewhere that there is a 6 1/2 bayonet (12 overall) that fits the M4 carbine.

Personally, I'd like one on it---homedefense. BG comes around the corner and I stick him like a pig! Or perhaps he goes to take the m4 from me and...sharp sharp sharp blade in his grasp.--ouch!

decodeddiesel
02-23-09, 13:07
I don't even want to imagine the legal nightmare it would cause if you stabbed an intruder with a bayonet or even shot one with a weapon that had a bayonet attached.

R/Tdrvr
02-23-09, 13:08
Personally, I'd like one on it---homedefense. BG comes around the corner and I stick him like a pig! Or perhaps he goes to take the m4 from me and...sharp sharp sharp blade in his grasp.--ouch!

Better to wait in an area of the house and wait for the BG to come to you. The only way I'd go hunt a BG in the house down is if I had kids in another room he could threaten. Also, if you let him get close enough to try and take your M4 from you, IMO you deserve to have it taken from you.

warpigM-4
02-23-09, 13:14
The only time I've ever used a bayonet was at Ft. Benning back in the day when I was being trained to use one. What's the spirit of the bayonet? KILL! KILL! KILL! What's it made of? HARD COLD STEEL! :D
what makes the grass grow?BLOOD BRIGHT RED BLOOD DRILL SGT!!!!!!:D I remember run the Bayonet course at FT KNOX and stabbing those tire dummies in the head man great times!!:D

markm
02-23-09, 13:19
I don't even want to imagine the legal nightmare it would cause if you stabbed an intruder with a bayonet or even shot one with a weapon that had a bayonet attached.

It my be a P.R. nightmare, but lethal force is lethal force. It's justified or it's not.

Some people are affraid to use their AR for home defense for that same reason... and opt for a bird gun instead. :rolleyes:

The confines of a house make a bayo pretty impractical either way.

trunkmonkey
02-23-09, 13:27
of course a bayonet lug is pointless.

Unless of course your attaching........................you guessed it. A bayonet.

What? the confines of a house make a bayonet impractical?? umm last I recall they are intended for close
combat.

some people forget how quickly a confrontation can get up close and personal.

markm
02-23-09, 13:35
What? the confines of a house make a bayonet impractical?? umm last I recall they are intended for close
combat.

Close combat and Confines are two different things.

decodeddiesel
02-23-09, 13:37
Close combat and Confines are two different things.

Absolutely. We sure as hell did not fix bayonets prior to EB/CR in training nor in Iraq.

Jay Cunningham
02-23-09, 14:22
This thread has swung in a ridiculous direction and I feel partly to blame. There is not going to be a "bayonets are practical for home defense" thread in AR General. If someone really wants to broach this absurd topic then start it in General. No more "practicality of bayonets" talk in this thread.

of course a bayonet lug is pointless.

Unless of course your attaching........................you guessed it. A bayonet.

combat.

some people forget how quickly a confrontation can get up close and personal.

JRI
02-23-09, 23:24
Yes...and I had to have both of mine ground off to comply with my state's crazy gun laws.

OUCH!!!

LTPhoon
02-24-09, 15:46
OP,

A bayonet will not properly fit on a 16" barrel, the bayonet ring, when locked on the lug, fits loose around the barrel instead of the flash hider. A bayonet fits properly on a 20" and a 14.5". In the past I've seen 'long handled' bayonets that were made for a 16" barrel but they look really weird with a handle that is an 1.5" longer that normal.

A pistol works better than a bayonet anyway, IMO:p

You mean these? http://prebanarms.com/detail.asp?product_id=a03

Dirt
02-24-09, 16:21
You mean these? http://prebanarms.com/detail.asp?product_id=a03

Aaau jeeez LTPhoon, now why did you go and do that. I just bought a bunch of ammo from Midway this morning!

I know there's no need, but if that were the criteria, I wouldn't have near the stuff I do.

Bob

Turnkey11
02-24-09, 16:48
what makes the grass grow?BLOOD BRIGHT RED BLOOD DRILL SGT!!!!!!:D I remember run the Bayonet course at FT KNOX and stabbing those tire dummies in the head man great times!!:D

Yup, I miss those days, we used bayonets on rubber ducks for the course. I do some rough stuff with my rifles but I dunno if that is something Id be willing to subject a rifle I paid for to.:D

warpigM-4
02-24-09, 18:12
yelp they made us stack our M4's and attach the pig stickers to the rubber guns .I still scream BUTT STROKE TO THE HEAD !!!!MOVE.when my wife Pisses me off :D

I would hate to live in a state that I had to grind it off.I like all the evil features I can get.just for the "what do you need that for?" crowd:rolleyes:
I ended up getting a Colt M4 14.5 barrel ( got to send it to get the FH Pinned )so I can get me a evil Bayonet that will work