PDA

View Full Version : New member

onekooljoe
02-22-09, 19:31
Hello all, new member and new Colt owner. There is a lot of info here and some very impresive weapons. I recently purchased a NIB Colt AR-15 6520, I really wanted the 6920 with the removable handle, but I couldn't pass on the good deal. The question I have is should I try and trade this gun for the one I want or just buy a new complete upper customized the way I want. I still haven't fired it yet and I called Colt and they told me it was made 11/08.........so it's fairly new, any thoughts............:confused:

Veracity
02-22-09, 22:31
Well, I don't know what 6920 uppers are going for now. I bought one a while back from SAW and it was pricey. If you have the cash, I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy one.

Hey, be happy you bought a good rifle right off the bat. It took me a while to catch on.

MMcfpd
02-22-09, 22:45
I understand your desire for a 6920, but the 6520 is really a nice carbine. You ought to give it some trigger time and just look at picking up a 6920 (perhaps just an upper - except for the rollmark the lowers are identical) when things calm down a bit.