PDA

View Full Version : DEET and Pmags

Littlelebowski
02-22-09, 22:23
Bad combo?

Robb Jensen
02-22-09, 22:26
Don't know. DEET is bad for lots of stuff including human skin.

Jay Cunningham
02-22-09, 22:29
Good question. DEET is brutal on plastics and polymers.

DrDrake
02-22-09, 22:46
Extensive testing has shown that deet does not effect the pmag polymer.

Littlelebowski
02-22-09, 22:55
Impressive. I remember losing a nice watch in Malaysia....

I assume all of your products are DEET proof?

ToddG
02-23-09, 18:28
Extensive testing has shown that deet does not effect the pmag polymer.

The person who held the mag during testing, however, has died of Full Body Cancer. R.I.P.

Heavy Metal
02-23-09, 19:05
Don't know. DEET is bad for lots of stuff including human skin.

DEET is not that bad for humans unless you just absolutely bathe in it daily and if there is a cancer risk, it is slight. DEET has had beaucoup tox testing done on it.

Be glad you aren't polymer. But then again, if you were, the critters wouldn't bite you anyway.

In my previous line of work, I used it infrequently and sparingly. I generally applied it to my clothes and the brim of my hat. There were times when I could not touch my face for up to 45 minutes while I was processing benthic samples.

I had a depth profiling stick made out of a varnished piece of wood. DEET would dissolve the varnish.

Sometimes, you just go places where you use it or suffer mighitly.

Sidewinder6
02-23-09, 19:55
The person who held the mag during testing, however, has died of Full Body Cancer. R.I.P.+

That right there is just plain funny. :cool:

spamsammich
02-27-09, 23:12
Melted my Cofish raingear once with 95% DEET. Right down to the backing material, but it was much better than dealing with Southeast AK no-seeum bites though. I could feel my liver dying. Does my heart good to know PMAGS resist the stuff. I need a liver made out of PMAGS