PDA

View Full Version : Young Mfr. Carrier Availability

fodder
02-23-09, 11:54
Their site says they are three weeks out on delivery. but I ordered an M16 match carrier on Friday and received shipping confirmation today.

If you're looking for a great carrier, it looks like they may have some for immediate delivery.

RB

STJ
02-23-09, 15:49
I ordered mine three weeks ago and I got the ship confirm today also. Looks like you caught the batch at the right time :D

ak74al
02-23-09, 21:57
I ordered one today, hopefully they'll let me know tomarrow. Does anyone know if they are staked? Some of the pics i've seen they are staked and others they are not.

STJ
02-24-09, 10:31
They are NOT staked...

Dave L.
02-24-09, 10:36
They are NOT staked...

The Chromed M16 carrier is staked and staked very well. I have no idea about the Match version.

tweakmeister
02-24-09, 22:59
Did you gentlemen just order n/m carriers or complete groups?

I placed an order for two complete chrome m16 groups last week and no word yet on shipping.

ak74al
02-25-09, 00:58
I ordered the complete n/m m16 group, and still no word yet on the shipping.

Dave L.
02-25-09, 05:05

I placed an order for two complete chrome m16 groups last week and no word yet on shipping.

I have a complete M16 BCG. I did switch out the firing pin and firing pin retaining pin with LMT parts only because I knew the origin. I also added a BCM extractor spring, black insert, O-ring combo.

I was honestly not that happy with the Chrome coating on the bolt, it just seemed like a very clouded chrome. The chrome on the carrier is awesome and the whole unit cleans up with a rag.

fodder
02-25-09, 17:48

I just ordered the m16 NM carrier. I use a Colt bolt for my current 14.5" and will use a BCM bolt for my SBR.

cebuboy
02-25-09, 17:54
If I may ask, what advantages can be had from a National Match Chromed BCG vs the standard M16 Chromed BCG?

Its half an ounce heavier and has more bearing surface, does that make it more reliable than the standard chromed BCG?

lanceriley
02-25-09, 18:23
cebuboy,

i've seen the young's carrier. it's like a mercedes benz. real quality work. don't forget sunday mar 1. bring your group 55rounds min. ;)

MeanRider
02-26-09, 00:30
Talked to them the other day, depending on if you order at the beginning or end of a new batch. They are averaging 3-4 weeks to ship. or you can be lucky and order right as they come off the line.

cebuboy
02-26-09, 07:25
cebuboy,

i've seen the young's carrier. it's like a mercedes benz. real quality work. don't forget sunday mar 1. bring your group 55rounds min. ;)

Yeah, its looks nicely built, been playing with it for some time already. I was wondering what are the advantages besides it being heavier and having more bearing surface than the standard chromed carrier. Also I recall that older M16 had chromed bolts and carriers, is the phosphate finish better than the chromed?

lanceriley
02-26-09, 09:00
I really don't like chrome carriers. it looks very cheesy :D
just an opinion

Heavier than an m16 carrier? I think we're not talking about the same carrier. what I saw was a young light weight carrier... it looked light with all those cuts compared to an m16 carrier.

vaglocker
02-26-09, 11:58
Harris Tactical has the phosphate M16 carrier groups in stock. I picked one up yesterday. Price wasn't too bad $155.

ak74al
02-26-09, 12:49
Harris Tactical has the phosphate M16 carrier groups in stock. I picked one up yesterday. Price wasn't too bad $155.

Hows the quality compared to other BCG around the same price? Did the one from Harris Tactical come staked?

vaglocker
02-26-09, 14:09
Hows the quality compared to other BCG around the same price? Did the one from Harris Tactical come staked?

I just ordered it yesterday and haven't gotten it yet. If it comes unstaked I will just do that myself. As far as quality for other BCGs around the same price, that is hard to say because there pretty much aren't any other ones out there right now.

I've heard good reviews on them so they should be serviceable. I just didn't want to wait 6 months for an LMT or BCM especially with the run that will be expected as a result of the comments made by Attorny General Holder today.

cebuboy
02-26-09, 17:02
I really don't like chrome carriers. it looks very cheesy :D
just an opinion

Heavier than an m16 carrier? I think we're not talking about the same carrier. what I saw was a young light weight carrier... it looked light with all those cuts compared to an m16 carrier.

Im talking about the national match carrier, i dont mind the cheesy looks, as long as its easy to clean and does not rust its good to go for me. :)

Shihan
02-27-09, 03:34
I would look at replacing the gas key when you get thae carrier. I spoke to them at the last show and they cant get gas keys and are doing them inhouse and they are not CL.

blacktail 8541
02-28-09, 18:32
I ordered the stripped NM and ordered the rest of the parts from BCM.

03-02-09, 11:17
Just a heads up. I think YM just got a new batch of carriers in. I placed my order for one of their NM M16 chrome carriers w/ key on Friday 02-27-09 and I just got notification via email that it shipped today 03-02-09. Not bad. :D

ak74al
03-02-09, 13:35
Hmmm....im still waiting on shipping info, I ordered a 1 1/2 weeks ago...they sent me an e-mail saying new order in progress a few days after I ordered one but no shipping info yet.

03-02-09, 14:20
Hmmm....im still waiting on shipping info, I ordered a 1 1/2 weeks ago...they sent me an e-mail saying new order in progress a few days after I ordered one but no shipping info yet.

They might be waiting on some parts for your order (I'm assuming). My order was simple. It was just the carrier w/ key and a cam pin. It was weird because last night I received an email saying the order was "in progress". Today I got the tracking number.

ak74al
03-02-09, 14:23
I ordered a complete bcg so maybe waiting on the bolt.....

tweakmeister
03-02-09, 14:58
Same here - sounds like the completes (regular chrome m16) are still in process.