PDA

View Full Version : LMT Enhanced carrier extra vent hole

voncoz
02-23-09, 13:39
I just received an enhanced LMT carrier and bolt. I noticed this had an extra 4th hole. It looks like it was machined after the finish was applied. Has anyone seen this before? I purchased this from Rainier Arms. They as well as LMT tech support said this is normal. I emailed this photo to them.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e30/VonCoz72/Picture002.jpg

AMMOTECH
02-23-09, 14:37
My "standard" LMT AR-15 BCG only has two holes in the indented area.
The extra holes must be part of the enhancement.

Is your extractor different?

Heavy Metal
02-23-09, 15:14
Send them this pic. Mine has these not.

Three holes is normal.

You have a 4th hole.

voncoz
02-23-09, 15:47
Note the extra hole with arrow.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e30/VonCoz72/Picture0022.jpg

Heavy Metal
02-23-09, 15:50
I have three of these and none have the hole where you have an arrow.

Call LMT and ask to speak to Gene Swanson.

Ask him to let you email him that pic with the arrow.

chadbag
02-23-09, 16:16
Interesting. A week ago I received 4 enhanced carriers from LMT. 1 does not have the 4th hole, 3 do. An older one I have on the shelf does not

Chad

NinjaMedic
02-23-09, 18:40
I am still confused as to the true intended application for these as I have heard conflicting information. What application do these carrier inprove performence? SBR? Suppressed? Whats a barrel length cutoff for using these?

Heavy Metal
02-23-09, 19:01
The purpose is increased parts longevity and increased extraction reliability in longer barreled carbine-length gas system rifles thru laterations in timing and gas venting in the BC and in design and materials inthe Bolt Head.

They would certainly help with a suppressed weapon which generally exacerbates the over-gassed condition these weapons tend to suffer from.

voncoz
02-24-09, 14:55
If other people have seen this 4th hole then I will not panic. My guess is that they must tweek the dwell time after test firing the carrier?

cabbynate
02-28-09, 04:33
If other people have seen this 4th hole then I will not panic. My guess is that they must tweek the dwell time after test firing the carrier?

+1
I received a F/A enhanced LMT BCG 2/25/09 and only have the 3 holes. It looks like an after though/adjustment hole to me too. Good to no they test fire every one of these to make sure they will work as intended...