PDA

View Full Version : What Magpul parts

Magfed556
02-23-09, 20:31
What magpul parts do you recommend, for a carbine?

BVickery
02-23-09, 20:36
PMAGs, CTR/UBR/MOE, MIAD Grip, Enhanced Trigger Guard (I got meat paws and will be moving up north eventually so will want to shoot year round)

kwelz
02-23-09, 21:03
All of them.
Seriously.
If magpull makes a part chances are it is better than what is on a stock gun.

I use MIAD grips and enhanced trigger guards, I do tend to use VLTOR stocks more than Magpul although this has mainly been a financial and availability desicion.

I will admit I am not a fan of the MOE handguards though.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-23-09, 21:13
Don't forget a MAGPUL lower.

kwelz
02-23-09, 21:40
Don't forget a MAGPUL lower.

I wish :(

Stickman
02-24-09, 13:14
What magpul parts do you recommend, for a carbine?

Without knowing what you plans to do with it, and what type of carbine you were looking at doing it to, I may be giving misleading info with an answer.

rob_s
02-24-09, 14:12
Without knowing what you plans to do with it, and what type of carbine you were looking at doing it to, I may be giving misleading info with an answer.

Although we can probably deduce quite a bit from the original question.
;)

:D

Cold Zero
02-24-09, 15:54
PMAGS, Enhanced Trigger Guard, UBR, MIAD, have not tried the rest of the stuff.

Stickman
02-24-09, 21:23
Although we can probably deduce quite a bit from the original question.
;)

:D

I'll have to disagree, a MOE or CTR may work well for his purposes, but if he is throwing on a scope and will be doing only precision work, the PRS may be a better bet. There is no point in recommending XTM panels, if he is looking to replace his handguard with a MOE HG. Is he looking to outfit a complete weapon, or is $30 top money for this project?

Guessing or recommending one thing may very well lead him down the wrong path. Without knowing anything about him, or his weapon, its unfair to label him with assumptions and predictions.

Just because its the internet doesn't mean he isn't entitled to a quality answer, and I don't see how he is able to get that without giving a little info first. :)

rob_s
02-24-09, 22:08
My point was that the vagueries of the question typically indicate the amount of thought that goes into them.

frogger
02-27-09, 01:06
PMAGs, CTR Stock, Enhanced Trigger Guard, MIAD grip, Ladder rail covers. That is what I have so far and I'm happy with all of it. I'm hoping to upgrade my CTR stock to an ACS stock soon... if they ever ship.

Magfed556
02-27-09, 08:35
I'll have to disagree, a MOE or CTR may work well for his purposes, but if he is throwing on a scope and will be doing only precision work, the PRS may be a better bet. There is no point in recommending XTM panels, if he is looking to replace his handguard with a MOE HG. Is he looking to outfit a complete weapon, or is $30 top money for this project?

Guessing or recommending one thing may very well lead him down the wrong path. Without knowing anything about him, or his weapon, its unfair to label him with assumptions and predictions.

Just because its the internet doesn't mean he isn't entitled to a quality answer, and I don't see how he is able to get that without giving a little info first. :)

I'll be buying a Double Star/J&T Distributing 16" carbine, so I'll be using there rail HG system, I'm looking at getting a MOE or CTR stock, MIAD grip, Magpul MS2 sling and ASAP ambi sling attachment point, (no offence stickman).

I'll use the gun for hunting (I know first hand that the .223/5.56 will kill a 150lb hog, I killed one wednesday 02/25/09, I hit it in the head at about 50-75yds and it dropped it dead with one shot ), I will also be using it for SD, HD, and plinking.

I hope this helps, and sorry for not posting this earlier.

Stickman
02-27-09, 11:24
My point was that the vagueries of the question typically indicate the amount of thought that goes into them.

Ahhhhh, in that case we are on the same sheet of music.

Stickman
02-27-09, 11:29
I'll be buying a Double Star/J&T Distributing 16" carbine, so I'll be using there rail HG system, I'm looking at getting a MOE or CTR stock, MIAD grip, Magpul MS2 sling and ASAP ambi sling attachment point, (no offence stickman).

I'll use the gun for hunting (I know first hand that the .223/5.56 will kill a 150lb hog, I killed one wednesday 02/25/09, I hit it in the head at about 50-75yds and it dropped it dead with one shot ), I will also be using it for SD, HD, and plinking.

I hope this helps, and sorry for not posting this earlier.

The MOE and CTR feel the same to me, but for someone who wants zero play or wiggle in the stock, the CTR is the better way to go. If you want to plug in a QD sling mount, it would also be the better beast, but thats not an issue in this case.

The MIAD should work well as its modular, and you can fit it to your hand. The difference for me is pretty substantial, and I am also a huge fan of the texture. I use it on my duty carbine, and it really keeps my hand locked in place which is nice for those times I have to one hand the weapon.

The MS-2 and ASAP plate are another good combo, just make sure you have a way to lock the front of the MS-2 into the rail. If nothing else, you can use the front sling swivel if you have to, but that may or may not be ideal for long term slinging of the weapon. For hog hunting, I would guess you will have it in 2 point mode for most of the time.

Now onto the bigger question, how much meat did you get off that pig, and did you butcher it yourself?

SwatDawg15
02-27-09, 11:55
Better than that, when can we expect to attend the hog roast? :D

Magfed556
03-01-09, 08:13
I had a friend butcher it, but I got about 75-100lbs of meat off it, it still had its winter fat, the fat was about 1 1/2" thick, I should get the meat back tuesday.