I found a M&P specific holster over on Brownells this morning:

Blade-Tech with TekLok, $43.95, 098-000-044

Robb Jensen
12-12-06, 11:32
Blade Tech makes a dropped offset too.

M4arc
12-12-06, 11:54
Blade Tech makes a dropped offset too.

The only only drop-offset I saw was Dinger's and he broke it in a LV class. Now I'm afraid to use one.

Robb Jensen
12-12-06, 12:06
The only only drop-offset I saw was Dinger's and he broke it in a LV class. Now I'm afraid to use one.

They're just gamer holsters for competition shooters. They have no practical use for training courses or self defense. Think of it as a 'race-only' holster for Production division.

Here's my homemade Comp-Tac/Safariland hybrid DOH rig for IPSC.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/MPpics005.jpg

M4arc
12-12-06, 12:26
Oh, gotcha.

Personally I want to use the same setup as my daily carry setup but with a few extra mag holders. However, being the next match is in January and the wait for a Milt Sparks is 15-20 I think I'll just run a regular OWB holster. It will be close enough for the time being.

mark5pt56
12-12-06, 12:40
Marc, I can't tell for sure from the pic, but I think that's the Safariland Custom Fit I was telling you abouit yesterday. Mine has the paddel and it's a really nice rig in my opinion. They are mad to accept a variety of weapons within a certain size.

Belt loop version

http://www.safariland.com/products.asp?id=97

Paddle

http://www.safariland.com/products.asp?id=96

From my experience, the tech locks do not hold up the serious use, Blade tech or not.

Mark

M4arc
12-12-06, 12:44
Damnit, now you tell me!

I already ordered the holster. I would have preferred a standard belt-loop holster but I thought that having an M&P specific holster (vice using a G21 holster or something like that) was more important.

Oh well, I guess I'll have the opportunity to T&E one myself now...

mark5pt56
12-12-06, 12:52
I would try the custom fit, then you can use it on the G17 when you sell the M&P:eek:

M4arc
12-12-06, 13:01
I would try the custom fit, then you can use it on the G17 when you sell the M&P:eek:

OHHHHHHHHH, thems fight'n words!

JLM
12-18-06, 02:04
You ordered the Tek-Lok jobber? I had one for my old USP and I didn't much care for how much the Tek-Lok attachment made the gun stick out from my belt line.

You might want to ask USMC03 about the Tek-Lok as well, because IIRC I think he had some pretty major SNAFU's with one so equipped.

I sent mine back to BT and get a belt loop version and was much happier.

HTH

M4arc
12-18-06, 09:13
You ordered the Tek-Lok jobber? I had one for my old USP and I didn't much care for how much the Tek-Lok attachment made the gun stick out from my belt line.

You might want to ask USMC03 about the Tek-Lok as well, because IIRC I think he had some pretty major SNAFU's with one so equipped.

I sent mine back to BT and get a belt loop version and was much happier.

HTH

Beggars can't be choosers. At this point in time my choice of holsters for the M&P are VERY limited. It was either a Tek-Lok or some bastardized G21 holster.

Besides, it will be fine for what I'll be using it for: range work, T&Eing and a little IPSA play time. Dinger has some Blade-Tech/zip tie trick he's going to show me so I'm not too worried. Once more belt-loop holsters hit the market I'll replacing it.

VA_Dinger
12-18-06, 13:04
I have never had a problem with any of my Blade-Tech Tek-Lok 1911 or Glock holsters. It's nice to have so much belt size versatility in a holster. They do stick out a hair more but that has never bothered me in the least. That being said, I always run a zip tie around the belt and through the Tek-Lok portion for added insurance. With the zip tie installed and all the provided holster parts installed they will not fall off.

I currently have three of them:

(1.) Integral light railed 1911 w/o light
(2.) G19 w/ X200
(3.) G19 w/o light

I still need to order one for the M&P.

Gotm4 & M4arc are right about the drop-offset Blade-Tech holters though. Mine broke clean off at the spot were the mounting screws fasten to the drop portion to the holster itself. Steve J. took a great picture of it during the Dave / Simon / Tom class we did last spring. I will never buy another one.