PDA

View Full Version : just purchased a 24 varmint ss upper...

blacksunshine
02-24-09, 14:31
just purchased a 24 varmint ss upper...now need to get a scope...the previous owner had a riser on it...is that normal or just preference?

is there anything special that owners of a setup like this would say a 'normal' scope option would be?

sapper36
02-24-09, 16:53
I would say it depends on how your cheek weld affects the position of your head. If your can establish proper cheek weld and dont have your head tipped over you wont need a riser. If you find yourself unconfortable looking through the scope then a riser could help.

blacksunshine
02-24-09, 17:09
ahh...so get a scope and mount it, if I lean too much get a riser?

C4IGrant
02-24-09, 17:27
Generally, AR's do not take to to scopes well (as you cannot get them far enough forward). So you will want to look into a forward cantilever type mount. This will allow you to push the scope forward.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/16%20Noveske%20with%20S&B.JPG

ALCOAR
02-24-09, 18:36
Nice setup Grant, i wish i could peer at your complete collection. So anyway i guess based on ur above reply that u would go with the recon canted mount for 40 or so more dollars rather than save the coin with the non-canted mount. The deal u got on the combo w. accupoint and american def. mount. is hopefully a few weeks away from having a new home.