PDA

View Full Version : Harris Bipod

signal5delta
02-24-09, 17:31
I am thinking of buying a Harris Bipod and Iwould like some advice.I have read a little about them and will be using this for shooting at the local gun range and will be shooting from the bench and prone positions.

I was wondering which leg height to get,6" to 9" or 9" to 13" and notched or smooth leg for better adjustments. Swivel or non swivel.Thanks.

Jim

marz_attacks
02-24-09, 18:32
recently picked up a 9-13" bipod thats notched for a quick adjustment, but has turn locks to adjust between 9-13. i've only used it from the bench seated, and it worked okay set to the minimum. probably could have used it about an inch higher in retrospect. i think there will be to many variables for anybody to give you any solid advance on which one will suite you best. shooter and bench height seem as if they would play into it.

Patrick Henry
02-24-09, 19:46
I've found that longer bipod legs diminish stability. Only get the long bipods if you really need the length. Otherwise it isn't necessary from a standard prone position. But like said above, it depends purely on your personal needs and preferences as to the final decision on what is best for you.

I've used Harris bipods for well over 20 years and they are good for the money. There are some other brands that are even nicer but you'll pay for the quality upgrade.