PDA

View Full Version : SUV Assault Ban

lalakai
02-25-09, 14:07
Applying the same logical process that is used to define a host of proposed firearm/ammo restrictions, SUV's should be banned as they are also used to commit murder.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/25/cops-mom-runs-over-son/

I can't remember the report, but they stated that nearly 95% of SUV never leave paved roads, and are being used for purposes that they were not designed for. For individuals owning SUV, they should be required to pass "operational and safety" guidelines for SUV ownership. Felons, individuals with known mental handicaps would be restricted from owning SUV's. When not in use, wheel boots will be required. There will be engine governors so that the vehcles cannot exceed 55 mph. No more then 1 modification is allowed, including roll bars, trailor hitch, modified rims, mud tires, ect..

I really really want to request that our legislators consider this type of a bill.

Magsz
02-25-09, 14:49
Why dont your take your LOGIC and go stuff it?

We dont like that kind of talk around here buddy.

Only illogical drivel is permitted!

Nathan_Bell
02-25-09, 15:12
Applying the same logical process that is used to define a host of proposed firearm/ammo restrictions, SUV's should be banned as they are also used to commit murder.

I can't remember the report, but they stated that nearly 95% of SUV never leave paved roads, and are being used for purposes that they were not designed for. For individuals owning SUV, they should be required to pass "operational and safety" guidelines for SUV ownership. Felons, individuals with known mental handicaps would be restricted from owning SUV's. When not in use, wheel boots will be required. There will be engine governors so that the vehcles cannot exceed 55 mph. No more then 1 modification is allowed, including roll bars, trailor hitch, modified rims, mud tires, ect..

I really really want to request that our legislators consider this type of a bill.

CA, NY, or MA would jump all over it.

Iraqgunz
02-25-09, 16:06
I'll keep that in mind next time I decide to shoot at some hippies. I'll just plow them over with my Suburban instead. :D

exkc135driver
02-25-09, 20:29
To get serious for a moment:

According to the NHTSA, in 2006 13,491 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in the USA. In 2007 the number was 12,998. And yet most people who are convicted of a DUI which results in a death get only a slap on the wrist -- a revoked license and rarely serve more than 5 years in prison.

What would happen if 13,000 people were killed by guns last year? The answer is, all guns would be immediately confiscated and/or banned.

So what's the difference here?

> Social acceptability. Going to a party and getting drunk is OK. Shooting a gun anywhere isn't, because it's dangerous and, after all, guns kill people.

> Who's doing it. Legislators (whether in Congress, your state legislature, or your local city council) love to booze it up (ever heard of Ted Kennedy?). When was the last time you saw a legislator at any level of government at your local range or at a match? In most states the legislators refuse to make any meaningful laws prohibiting drunk driving, probably because they think, "there but for the grace of God go I."

> Big business/advertising. The gun business is small compared to the beer/wine/liquor business. When was the last time you saw a Jack Daniels billboard? When was the last time you saw a Glock billboard? Who do you think spends more money on lobbying?

> Doing business. How many business deals get done at a liquid lunch or in a bar? How many get done at a range?

I am neither a teetotaller nor anti-alcohol. I'm just making a point.

bkb0000
02-25-09, 20:52

i won't a sign up for the bill unless it includes a ban on hi-cap gas tanks. you don't need any more than 10 gallons.

thopkins22
02-25-09, 21:00
Does this mean that post-ban SUVs will all look like Suburu Outback's and Honda CRVs?

LOKNLOD
02-25-09, 21:19
The real problem with that line of satirical "logic" is that the same morons who believe that crap about guns would love to apply it to automobiles. I'd be afraid some windbag Senator would latch on to the idea and make it a reality...

bkb0000
02-25-09, 21:25
The real problem with that line of satirical "logic" is that the same morons who believe that crap about guns would love to apply it to automobiles. I'd be afraid some windbag Senator would latch on to the idea and make it a reality...

anything that gets us closer to mass rebellion is ok with me

:)

SoDak
02-25-09, 22:28
Does this mean that post-ban SUVs will all look like Suburu Outback's and Honda CRVs?

I feel like just about every current SUV is a post ban.

Puffy93
02-25-09, 22:42
i won't a sign up for the bill unless it includes a ban on hi-cap gas tanks. you don't need any more than 10 gallons.

Now that's funny:D:D:D:D