PDA

View Full Version : Which reloading reference book?

HTTTRH
02-25-09, 19:06
In your humble opinions, if Im primarily going to be loading 223 ammo, with reference book would suit me the best with the most information on the 223. I know most books reference most ammo types, but would like to get the most out of the book I buy. I was looking at the latest Hornady......let me know, thanks.

ra2bach
02-25-09, 22:03
my short answer is, all of them! seriously, I have probably 20 different loading manuals (counting various editions) and I find each of them useful.

I started out with the Lee Reloading Manual as it had a great instructional section in the beginning which I found very helpful. It is actually how I learned to reload...

Then I picked up the Sierra manuals as that is the brand of bullets I was shooting but from there I went to the Speer and then the Nosler, etc.... all of them are useful/necessary as they present information specific to loading their own bullets. after that, I got a copy of Pet Loads, and then the brochures the powder companies publish.

and then I just started collecting whatever material I could find. I consider reloading a hobby that is rewarding in it's own right. I enjoy poring over and studying the minutiae, learning new things, and different ways to solve the puzzle. I find reloading an end unto itself, and the fact that it makes cheaper/better ammo for me to test and shoot is a bonus.