PDA

View Full Version : NFA form holder

Jones
12-13-06, 01:14
I just ordered my first SBR.
Does anyone make a nylon pouch that I can attach to my sling that will hold my NFA Forms?

Thanks

rob_s
12-13-06, 04:51
You might do a search for "battlecloth" on the other site. I'd link to this for sale thread but I'm not sure if that's allowed or not. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the link.

I personally prefer to keep my forms on the gun itself. I store mine in one side of the Vltor stock I have on it. Other options would include sticking it in a Tango Down Pistol grip or vertical foregrip. If you don't have any accessories on the gun that are capable of holding things, you can get a plug for the bottom of the stock A1 or A2 pistol grip and you should be able to put your paperwork in there.

SuicideHz
12-13-06, 08:10
Well, when I saw the thread I was going to chime in with Battlecloth but I see Rob beat me to it. I'll second it!

I have a suppressor pouch made by them. Very nice. Molle/PALS compatible but no form pouch on it :( It was a special run for the SRT suppressor and sold with it at no charge so I won't complain.

edwin907
12-13-06, 08:52
I just made 50% sized copies, laminated them with some 6"X4" SelfSeal from Staples, and stick them in the range bag. It should be possible to roll them up for the Vltor or Sopmod stock storage tubes, however.

Jon G23
12-31-06, 03:18
Can you just have a copy of the forms in the gun case?? Are you in Deep Sh!t if you're at a range shooting and forgot to take the forms along for some goofy reason?

BRAAIJR
12-31-06, 14:26
I just keep a copy of my form4 in the gun case that the weapon is riding in. I have never been asked to see the form4. An most cops that have seen my SBS have just wanted to shoot it. So I am gonna say that as long as you have a copy with you you're good to go it does not need to be attached to the weapon.

Ron Flowers
01-12-07, 17:17
I was just asking about ownership of a "less than 16"" barreled rif;e and/or full auto (I currently own two 223 carbines, semi-auto) Any tips or advice before I take the plunge and fill out the forms?

SuicideHz
01-12-07, 20:12
You have to find or be able to "build" the final product in order to fill out the forms. Part of the forms is specific information and the serial number and make, model and caliber.

I wasn't sure if you were saying you wanted to fill out a form for when the time came to get "full auto" or not. You'll purchase one first then do the paperwork afterwards.

Same thing with an SBR- you'll have the rifle at your C3 dealer and you and he will fill out the paperwork on it or if you are filling out a Form1 to build your own SBR, you will do it to an existing rifle lower you have.