PDA

View Full Version : NC Castle Doctrine

frogger
02-26-09, 05:19
There is an on-line petition going around trying to convince NC law makers to pass the castle doctrine. I'd really appreciate if any of you that live in NC, or even those that don't but believe this is a good idea would sign it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/law4nc/petition-sign.html

To: North Carolina Politicians

As I read and watch the news everyday in North Carolina the crime is tremendous. It’s time for us law abiding citizens to take a stand and protect our family, friends, and property. This petition is going to be sent to all politicians in North Carolina to adopt the Castle Doctrine Law that Florida has put into operation. In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

The Castle Doctrine is made up of the following 4 parts.

1.It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm; therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

2.It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others.

3.It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force

4.It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

IF YOU SUPPORT THIS LAW FOR CITIZENS OF NORTH CAROLINA PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION. IT”S TIME FOR CITIZENS TO BE IN CHARGE AND LEARN THEY ARE CONSEQUENCES FOR THEIR CHOICES IN LIFE.

Sincerely,

citizensoldier16
02-26-09, 11:54
All M4C members who are NC residents should sign this!!

Outlaw5
02-26-09, 15:26
Signed and Sent. Outlaw5

LDM
02-26-09, 15:36
Added my signature today.

Ghost Friend
02-26-09, 19:43
I just signed and so did my wife. I'm going to send the link to a few other friends to get them to sign too.

jeffreywt
02-26-09, 20:38
Signed!