PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best price on stripped lowers?

WILDBILL
12-13-06, 05:34
I am looking for the cheapest price for a stripped lower high or low shelf for a build. how do I tell the differents in between the two? what are some good one besides LMT,STAG?

C4IGrant
12-13-06, 09:27
I am looking for the cheapest price for a stripped lower high or low shelf for a build. how do I tell the differents in between the two? what are some good one besides LMT,STAG?

I have STAG stripped lowers and ones with lower parts kit installed. I also have POF stripped lowers and a complete LMT lower with their GEN II stocks.

C4

Steve-HSA
12-13-06, 09:36
See Above! Stag lowers pretty good and cheap too!

Kyrinn
12-13-06, 10:17
see above

Steve-HSA
12-13-06, 10:34
Good reviews for Essential Arms, especially the price:

www.essentialarms.com

Exactly! I recommend the the extra toughcoat finish.

M4arc
12-13-06, 11:11

Steve, do you sell the Essential Arms lowers?

DrMark
12-13-06, 11:41

What is the toughcoat finish, some kind of baked-on paint?

Steve-HSA
12-13-06, 12:10
Steve, do you sell the Essential Arms lowers?

M4arc, it would not be fair to advertising dealers on this site to answer your question. However feel free to contact me directly to answer any question you may have.

DrMark, I will call EA and ask for more details and respond to you directly or if allowed, will post the answer here.

ETA, I called EA and have the answer to the Toughcoat question. Mod's can I post it here? I don't want to come across as advertising but I think it's a fair general info type question that should and can be answered.

SHIVAN
12-13-06, 13:16
ETA, I called EA and have the answer to the Toughcoat question.

Answer the question already....:D

Steve-HSA
12-13-06, 15:51
Answer the question already....:D

How's it going Ed? Any new toys since the last shoot?

Here's the scoop on the EA Toughcoat finish. It is sprayed on over the annodized finish and heat (oven) cured. It contains a molybium (sp) lubricant, and offers a more consistent "black" then annodizing since each batch of solution in the annodizing process can result in some variation of color. At $3 additional, seems worth it to me. I guess I'll just have to abuse the sh!t out of my EA test platform and see how the finish holds up. Stand by for part II of this report sometime in the future.

SHIVAN
12-13-06, 16:10
How's it going Ed? Any new toys since the last shoot?

Are you going to the New Year's Eve shoot? I'm hoping Harlan will be there with the .308 YHM Phantom's I have waiting.

I picked up the Evo-9 from John, and if John comes across I might try out the Serbu super shorty....

Other than that, nothing exciting.

Kyrinn
12-13-06, 17:05
see above

Okay, you've got me confused with your edit, Kevin.
Is it that I posted a link?

Baffled,
-Kyrinn

Steve-HSA
12-13-06, 19:10
Are you going to the New Year's Eve shoot? I'm hoping Harlan will be there with the .308 YHM Phantom's I have waiting.

I picked up the Evo-9 from John, and if John comes across I might try out the Serbu super shorty....

Other than that, nothing exciting.

I'm wasn't aware of a New Year's Eve shoot, was it posted here?

Not to get off topic, but the YHM stuff seems to be good shizzle, hope you get to check it out.

SHIVAN
12-13-06, 20:10
I'm wasn't aware of a New Year's Eve shoot, was it posted here?

Hite Hollow, New Year's Eve Day. Posted on AR15.com.

Steve-HSA
12-13-06, 20:36
Hite Hollow, New Year's Eve Day. Posted on AR15.com.

Thanks for the intel, I don't visit that place anymore.