PDA

View Full Version : My New Range Bag

Nathan_Bell
12-13-06, 15:46
We were cleaning the store room out at the garage today and I found this tool bag. When I saw the little pouches along the sides, the first thing I did was mentally measure them to see if mags would fit. The next thing I did was as Don if he was attached to it.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Swobodo75/DCP_0238.jpg
Haven't had it to the range yet, but checked it out, and you can fit 2 G21 mags, or 2 30 rnd AR mages, or one 20 round M-14 mag in the larger pockets. The slimmer pockets are perfect size to hold a leatherman, a 1911, mag or flashlight and spare batteries.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Swobodo75/DCP_0237.jpg
I can close it all up with the junk shown in it and 500 rounds of 5.56 in boxes in it and it looks like a well loaded tool bag :D

eta spelling

Striker5
12-14-06, 08:41
You don't have to get sexy for a good range bag. I can take two pistols, ammo and cleaning supplies in my USGI small tool bag. For larger trips, I pack equipment into my issued SALLE patrol pack.

One advantage of your bag is that it doesn't look "tactical" which can be an advantage when transporting your stuff from house to vehicle.

LOKNLOD
12-14-06, 09:55
I adopted an old Port laptop case from the trash at work last year. The guys in the office laughed at me because the first thing I said was "Hey that'd make a great range bag!"

My Tactical Tailor pistol rug drops right into the computer section perfectly, the front section has pockets and loops for pens, ear pro, tools, etc., and the back section is wide enough to hold a few boxes of ammo, plus my holster and mag pouches. It also has a flat document pocket that holds a package of targets perfectly. The strap has a nice pad on it too. It makes a great discreet range bag that no one would ever suspect -- it would be great for someone who lived in an apartment.

Ungwaha
12-14-06, 18:01
I use a old double ball bowling bag for my range bag. The folks at the ange looked up and said the bolwing alley in down the road a few more miles.

When they saw how much "junk" I was carring they agreed it was a good idea. Pluss it doesn't scare the sheeple.