PDA

View Full Version : Mobile browsing

HES
02-27-09, 09:15
Hey guys I searched and didnt find a topic on this so I thought I'd ask..are there any plans to make a mobile browser (I.e Windows Mobile 6.1, Mobile Opera, etc..) version of this web site?

ToddG
02-27-09, 09:29
Works great as-is from my iPhone. I read, check PMs, and even post from my phone multiple times per week.

Army Chief
02-27-09, 11:14
Likewise. Seems to work pretty well on an iPhone.

AC

Littlelebowski
02-27-09, 12:44
Working great on a Gen1 iPhone here. If you're having slow load times, suggest you disable viewing of avatars and signatures on your site preferences and maybe even disable viewing of images on your phone's browser for this specific site.

Gutshot John
02-27-09, 13:08
Works fine on my iphone.

Boomer10
02-27-09, 13:19
It works ok on my Storm.

C4IGrant
02-27-09, 14:11
Hey guys I searched and didnt find a topic on this so I thought I'd ask..are there any plans to make a mobile browser (I.e Windows Mobile 6.1, Mobile Opera, etc..) version of this web site?

I believe that there is a plug in that works with VB sw that will make the forum more cell phone compatible (so no need to create the forum in a new format).

Those of us with smart phones have little issues.

C4

HES
02-27-09, 14:25
I'm running WM6.1 with the opera browser on an HTC Touch Pro. So its not bad looking at the normal side, just the same as with iPhone, but was just wondering if that VB plugin was being used cause while the browsing works well, when formatted for mobile devices (and there are more than just the iPhone) its a bit easier to navigate.

Cameron
02-27-09, 16:42
Reading m4carbine.net there is a link at the bottom of the page on my BlackBerry that says "Archive" and points to the
PDA version https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php

This is a text only copy of the board.

Then there is this
PDA link https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/f-3.html

ak74al
02-27-09, 16:50
Works great on my T-mobile G1 with the default browser(mobile version of google chrome), Opera Mobile, and Steel.

RogerinTPA
02-27-09, 17:20
Web surfing and this site works fine with Opera on my blackberry.