PDA

View Full Version : How long will I have to wait?

jh901
02-27-09, 17:43
I ordered a CMMG 16" mid-length upper on 2/1. Web-site says not to reach them until at least 4 weeks after credit card is charged. Well, my card isn't even charged yet (as of today, 2/27).

Has anyone received anything from CMMG lately? Can you give me a guess as to what kind of wait I'm looking at???

frogger
02-28-09, 02:26
I ordered a CMMG 16" mid-length upper on 2/1. Web-site says not to reach them until at least 4 weeks after credit card is charged. Well, my card isn't even charged yet (as of today, 2/27).

Has anyone received anything from CMMG lately? Can you give me a guess as to what kind of wait I'm looking at???

I placed my order less than one week after the election. I received my order in 7 weeks. Considering how much more backlogged they have become, I'd guess at least 6 months. Don't bother asking CMMG. If they give you an answer, it won't mean anything. They gave me at least 3 different ship dates during my order and none were true.

bkb0000
02-28-09, 02:46
obama is so cool

BIGUGLY
02-28-09, 08:36
Like has been stated its gonna be quite a bit. Might as well concentrate on the accessories you would like for your rifle and try to find those, considering everything AR is getting hard to find.

jh901
02-28-09, 09:27
I might cancel my order. This is ridiculous.

Does anyone have some good gun broker contacts. I figure I can call around and piece something together.....

sholling
03-05-09, 02:32
I've never dealt with CMMG so I don't know their situation. I'm actually surprised that they don't have a disclaimer stating their lead times, it would save them a lot of grief. Right now most manufacturers are quoting 6-9 months for delivery. It sucks for those of us waiting in line but hey it's the one bright spot in an otherwise failing economy. ;)

Examples of disclaimers...
http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=6
http://www.rockriverarms.com/

Anyway before you cancel you might want to think it through. You're a month along on their waiting list and that's one less month you'll have to wait if you cancel and go elsewhere. Just food for thought.

FWIW I'm 12 or so weeks into a 6 week wait for an upper from another manufacturer. But the quality of the upper I have on order is outstanding and it doesn't make sense to me to cancel and restart the wait time with another lesser vendor. I do expect that they will follow the card company rules and not charge the card before the day it ships. However reserving the full amount just before before beginning a custom build is reasonable. So far they've followed the rules and I'm just waiting patiently and don't expect to see it for another 3 months. And if it comes sooner I'll look at it like an extra Christmas. :D

Iraqgunz
03-05-09, 02:46
Keep your eye on Bravo Company. According to info that has been posted here they are supposed to start having stuff in stock from LMT in the very near future. 4-6 weeks I believe.

sholling
03-05-09, 02:51
Keep your eye on Bravo Company. According to info that has been posted here they are supposed to start having stuff in stock from LMT in the very near future. 4-6 weeks I believe.
That's good advice but the OP needs to keep in mind that when they get something it's usually sold out in an hour or two.

Iraqgunz
03-05-09, 02:58
If you read the thread here they aren't going to be getting a few they are going to be getting quantity.

See this- https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26986

That's good advice but the OP needs to keep in mind that when they get something it's usually sold out in an hour or two.

sholling
03-05-09, 03:30
If you read the thread here they aren't going to be getting a few they are going to be getting quantity.

See this- https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26986

That's good news!

carbinero
03-05-09, 10:57
I ordered a CMMG 16" LW middy in January 2008. Mind you, that's before most of America knew the name O'Bama. CMMG said a 3 week wait, but it took over 3 months. Had a canted front sight. Sent back and got a new upper. That one wouldn't function correctly with a lightly used BCM bolt, which I pulled and now still works fine in a BM. Sent upper back for full refund. Will not buy from them again.

My friend ordered from them while I was mid-way thru the above. CMMG gave him the run-around, but he was smart enough to cancel and buy a BCM.

Lots of guys say CMMG is solid, but their track record (not just me: look around) shows otherwise, as far as QC and CS.

If it were sitting on the shelf, it's a maybe. To wait for it in this climate, no way.

diving dave
03-05-09, 11:39
Hmmm..I ordered a VLTOR MUR from them with a 14.5 barrel, fixed vortex, and a 12 in DD rail system about a year ago...Had in in about 7 weeks and its been a great upper. I'm sure they are getting slammed due to Obama-mania.

HAIL-CAESAR
03-05-09, 13:46
I ordered a CMMG 16" LW middy in January 2008. Mind you, that's before most of America knew the name O'Bama. CMMG said a 3 week wait, but it took over 3 months. Had a canted front sight. Sent back and got a new upper. That one wouldn't function correctly with a lightly used BCM bolt, which I pulled and now still works fine in a BM. Sent upper back for full refund. Will not buy from them again.

My friend ordered from them while I was mid-way thru the above. CMMG gave him the run-around, but he was smart enough to cancel and buy a BCM.

Lots of guys say CMMG is solid, but their track record (not just me: look around) shows otherwise, as far as QC and CS.

If it were sitting on the shelf, it's a maybe. To wait for it in this climate, no way.

+1. I have had very bad experiences (plural) with CMMG. Your lucky they made it right with yours.

carbinero
03-05-09, 14:28
Actually I bought through a vendor, so he made it right. i don't know what transpired between him and CMMG. Halfway through the wait for the original upper, I contemplated cancelling plenty, and I detailed some of this in a thread called "Rolling the Dice." Wish I had just bought an N4 or --when they were easy to buy--and been done with it, but I was seduced by the LW profile (reminds me of an ex-wife). I was one of those guys who read all about, "If you only can afford to buy once," then bought 4 ARs trying to get it right. Thankfully, second wife is perfect.

If you have regular dealings with Murphy's Law, and don't have the patience, money or experience to fix it yourself, certain manufacturers should be avoided. If I needed another AR and a complete CMMG were on the shelf, I'd buy it if it didn't have a nosebleed price, sell the upper, and keep looking for another upper or complete AR. But again, to get in line, waiting for brain damage...umm, no. For that matter, I feel the same way about pretty much any AR which is readily available right now.

jh901
03-05-09, 17:06
Well, I complained a little bit to CMMG...nothing bad, so they promptly replied that my order had been canceled!!??

Thank you, CMMG....

An A+ in customer appreciation.....

HAIL-CAESAR
03-05-09, 17:14
Well, I complained a little bit to CMMG...nothing bad, so they promptly replied that my order had been canceled!!??

Thank you, CMMG....

An A+ in customer appreciation.....

Sounds like you've been "CMMG'ed." It's a term that several of us have come up with. Your lucky that is all that happened to you.

jh901
03-05-09, 17:26
I did take it a bit personally, but I don't feel so bad now.

Off to plan B: any decent lower with BCM mid length upper and BCM or LMT bcg....

Sounds like you've been "CMMG'ed." It's a term that several of us have come up with. Your lucky that is all that happened to you.

carbinero
03-05-09, 17:37
I recommended another friend to shop at arf.com last month; within a few weeks he got a like new BCM middy complete. My other buddy scored a 20" BCM a few months back. Sellers will want to make a hundred or two...sign 'o' the times.

HAIL-CAESAR
03-05-09, 17:46
BC has more of the BCM and LMT uppers coming down the pipe. Just wait and get a quality upper from a reputable dealer. Having you order canceled was a blessing in disguise for you. You may not think it is now, but when you have a quality upper you will be much happier.

jh901
03-05-09, 18:28
Thanks. It's my first rifle of any kind and only my 3rd gun. I'm a noob for sure, but I've read all of the introductory threads on this forum plus some others. Learned a lot so far, but getting hands on is what I'm looking forward too.

I don't doubt I'll get the upper (BCM or LMT) within a month or so, but it's the lower I'm struggling with......

BC has more of the BCM and LMT uppers coming down the pipe. Just wait and get a quality upper from a reputable dealer. Having you order canceled was a blessing in disguise for you. You may not think it is now, but when you have a quality upper you will be much happier.

carbinero
03-05-09, 21:21
A local gun shop may have a stripped lower for you, or mail order and go through FFL. $200. Find a lower parts kit. A little scarce, but persistence pays off. $75-100. Get a stock from BCM $75. An hour with the tools and you have your lower. Get friendly with Equipment Exchange at arf.com, member's classified here, and plenty of state-specific sites out there, like arizonashooting.com. Yeah, it's a hassle and $100 more than last year, but not excruciating.

juicehead2004
03-06-09, 01:35
Just keep checking the local vendors, PK and Bravo Co. and Jtac are getting more and more volume of stuff every day now. I just picked up a LMT lower w/ single stage trigger, M4 stock and ambi selector for $380 last night.

Bravo Co. said April they are going to start getting large quantities of LMT stuff so just hold off for a minute. LMT is much better than CMMG anyway, you will be much happier in the end.