PDA

View Full Version : rguns.net buying experience

Littlelebowski
02-28-09, 10:57
Having a hard time getting rguns.net to give me shipping info (3 emails over 4 days after the initial purchase and confirmation). Care to share your experience with them?

MarshallDodge
02-28-09, 11:06
I'm not sure where they operate out of now but back when I lived in Illinois it was in a little hole-in-the-wall.

I bought a new Sig P226 from them in 2000 and it was a great deal, $100 less than the best price I could find. I figured it was because of their low overhead that I got the good price but I heard a rumor a few months later that they got in trouble with Sig because they were using the law enforcement discount even when selling to the public.

Gutshot John
02-28-09, 11:09
Having a hard time getting rguns.net to give me shipping info (3 emails over 4 days after the initial purchase and confirmation). Care to share your experience with them?

I had a similar experience with them in purchasing a KTR-03 three years ago (even before the rush). It did eventually arrive.

Littlelebowski
02-28-09, 11:12
Yeah, I didn't think it was too much to ask for shipping info. I'm not the type to bash companies online but it sure would be nice to find out when my 5.45 tins are shipping.

Gutshot John
02-28-09, 11:19
Yeah, I didn't think it was too much to ask for shipping info.

As I recall, I didn't think it was too much to ask for either, but in this day and age it's becoming increasingly the norm. Most places are putting dislaimers of "at least a week to ship". If you don't hear anything by Tuesday morning, I'd give them a call.

It's increasingly a seller's market. I'm slowly wrapping my head around that concept.

Iraqgunz
02-28-09, 12:06
LL,

I purchased some of the Israeli (IMI) ammo from them a few months back when they had it. At that time they indicated that if you called or emailed about your stuff that your order would go to the back of the line or some shit. It took about 2 weeks or so for my ammo to ship. Then I did a little searching into complaints made against them as well.

In the end I probably will not purchase from them again.

Littlelebowski
02-28-09, 12:19
LL,
I purchased some of the Israeli (IMI) ammo from them a few months back when they had it. At that time they indicated that if you called or emailed about your stuff that your order would go to the back of the line or some shit. It took about 2 weeks or so for my ammo to ship. Then I did a little searching into complaints made against them as well.

That's horseshit, pure and simple. Unadulterated.

steve-oh
02-28-09, 12:36
Wow. Hooray for customer service.

11Bravo
02-28-09, 13:07
I'm interested in some of their calendars. :D

Seth Harness
02-28-09, 14:50

I have one from 04' or 05', very nice. Anyway...

I used to live about 20 mins north of their shop in dundee. I didnt really care for their customer relations, their personalities or their attitudes. apparently they dont care to give potetial customers more than a one word answer in an impatient or arrogant tone. I wanted to do business with them because they were close to home, but I couldnt get over how bad their attitudes were. So I took my business to G.A.T. Guns, just a little farther southeast.

Littlelebowski
03-04-09, 23:07
Still nothing. They don't list the ammo as out of stock which is why I ordered it.

28_days
03-04-09, 23:55
Be warned, if you're purchasing some of their special loose 5.56mm ammo you'll find that a considerable amount of it is bad/un-safe.

It's literally a big mis-matched pile. Condition, loads, manufacturers, etc.

shooter521
03-05-09, 09:49
I ordered 2160 rounds of 5.45 from them a month or so ago. Took about a week and a half for my CC to actually get charged, then the ammo showed up the next day (I'm only a state away). ZERO communication from them the whole time, but then I didn't call or Email asking where my stuff was.

The ammo showed up and was exactly as advertised – two tins in the original wooden crate with the can opener.

larry0071
03-05-09, 10:55
From the front page of the website:

Recent events have caused a tremendous surge in demand for our inventory. To address this we are implementing the following policies:
We are taking back orders for items not in stock
We are approximately ten (10) days behind in shipping due to demand
We are not providing tracking numbers in an effort to expedite shipping
We are shipping orders as fast as possible
If there is an issue with an order, we will contact you by phone

Business_Casual
03-05-09, 11:50

Wow, how much do you think you'd have to spend at the local stripper joint to be able to get them to come to your gun store for a naked photo shoot? I'm thinking champagne room platinum at least.

M_P

Medicine Calf
03-05-09, 12:07

I ordered the IMI 9mm, and was charged the next day. A month later I tried to cancel, and they assured me than it had been shipped, but refused to give tracking numbers or carrier name. A couple weeks later, they again lied that it had been shipped and gave me an RMA so I could return it once it arrived. A few weeks later I disputed by CC, and received a provisional refund. The "shipped" ammo has of course, never arrived.

markm
03-05-09, 12:19
rguns has had a shitty reputation for YEARS. The guy is apparently a real A-hole. I've read a lot of negative stories about the dude over the years.

5POINT56
03-05-09, 12:40
rguns has had a shitty reputation for YEARS. The guy is apparently a real A-hole. I've read a lot of negative stories about the dude over the years.

Known douchebags for sure.

I bought an SA58 from them once. It was about as pleasant of a shopping experience as whacking myself in the nads with a ball peen hammer.

That was probably 6 years ago.

Medicine Calf
03-05-09, 12:45
The main dawg on the phone is Roger, who was the one who gave me the bogus RMA #, and refused shipping info. The last I spoke with him he laughed and challenged me to dispute the charge. They just don't give a fk what happens, as they are pulling in the bucks hand over fist. OTOH, when things are going well other than long delays, I see that there are a number of satisfied customers who have ordered AK ammo.

Ghostface03
03-05-09, 13:25
LL,

Are you freakin kidding me? I can't believe some of the crap I have been hearing about how consumers are being treated. Hopefully they will go to the veeerry back of the line of dealers to buy from from now on.

Littlelebowski
03-05-09, 13:46
Yes, that wasn't there when I ordered and they have just upped their prices for 5.45 to more than what I "purchased" mine for.

From the front page of the website:

Recent events have caused a tremendous surge in demand for our inventory. To address this we are implementing the following policies:
We are taking back orders for items not in stock
We are approximately ten (10) days behind in shipping due to demand
We are not providing tracking numbers in an effort to expedite shipping
We are shipping orders as fast as possible
If there is an issue with an order, we will contact you by phone

OldNavyGuy
03-06-09, 22:49
ooooh please do not get me started about that SOB, he is a genuine POS, PM me for details.

they have just upped their prices for 5.45 to more than what I "purchased" mine for.

you can bet your _______ (fill in blank) he will charge you the higher price and claim your order was a back order.., providing you will ever get any reply, oral or written. if you have access to arfcom archives look up Rguns.

chadbag
03-06-09, 23:36
ooooh please do not get me started about that SOB, he is a genuine POS, PM me for details.

you can bet your _______ (fill in blank) he will charge you the higher price and claim your order was a back order.., providing you will ever get any reply, oral or written. if you have access to arfcom archives look up Rguns.

They tried to rip me off in 94. The day the house passed their version of the AWB/Mag ban I called and ordered some USP mags. They charged my card and never shipped. They never returned my calls. I had to dispute it with my bank and VISA

Chad

OldNavyGuy
03-07-09, 07:36
PLEASE.., PLEASE.., PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT USE A CREDIT CARD IF YOU DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY !!

i did and had to cancel my CC because he posted it along with my name and address on the internet after a very bitter dispute, he was banned from the site, but that did not stop the harassment i got for a year or so after, because he posted it on his site.

Littlelebowski
04-03-09, 09:50
They shipped it a month and a half later. Apparently they did charge my credit card right away. It was way too much trouble for them to send shipping info when the ammo did ship despite my polite requests to do so.

rguns, if you're reading this, I don't believe it's too much trouble to send tracking info.

decodeddiesel
04-03-09, 09:52
At that time they indicated that if you called or emailed about your stuff that your order would go to the back of the line or some shit. It took about 2 weeks or so for my ammo to ship.

That is some hot garbage right there.

larry0071
04-03-09, 10:01
If you have a UPS or Fed-Ex account and ship an item, part of the form you fill out to get to printing the label is EMAIL ADDRESS. Guess what happens if they simply copy/paste your email address into that box? Yep, the shipping company will take care of sending you the tracking! Why they are refusung to do that, I have no clue. That is stupid.