PDA

View Full Version : Remove lettering from Ladysmith and need nightsight

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-28-09, 21:55
Hey guys,

I want to remove the Ladysmith script from my stainless Ladysmith. Yeah I know I shouldn't care but I do. I did some serches and I just saw some references to Flitz. Any more help? I may duracoat or beadblast if necessary.

I also would like to install a tritium dot up front. It seems to be roll pinned on. Any tips? Where to look?

AFCATM
02-28-09, 22:51
Try D&L sports or Cylinder and Slide. They should take care of the Night sights. Bead blasting and some minimal grinding should remove the lettering with little to no noticable markings. Check those sights out and they may be able to remove the lettering too.

Matt

mike benedict
03-01-09, 16:22
Meprolight Tru-Dot Front Sight S&W J-Frame 1-7/8" Barrel Steel Blue Tritium
Product #: 224681
| Manufacturer #: ML11760

You can get a night site blade from Meprolight and put it on yourself

You can come on up to Jasper and use my bead blaster to your hearts content.

Mike

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-01-09, 18:12
Thanks Mike!

5pins
03-02-09, 15:23
Assuming your Lady Smith is like my wife’s then blasting with glass beads will not remove the lettering. My wife’s is an older one with a fixed front sight.

Get some wet dry sand paper and sand it out. You can go to any hardware store and get a pack with different grits. Start with about 200 and work your way up until you have a smooth finish. I use mineral spirits as a lubricant but gun oil will work. Then blast. You will more then likely have to blast the entire gun so the finish will match.

As to the front sight. You will need to get a small drill bit to drill a hole in the new sight. You can get one them from Brownells. After you remove the old sight place the new one in and clamp it in place. Drill the hole. Be careful the bit is small and easily broken.

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-02-09, 19:03
I may just order a new side plate. I can keep the Ladysmith plate "in the closet,"