PDA

View Full Version : MagPul's in S&W M&P 15X

Stoneman122
03-01-09, 00:32
I've seen posts that have stated that the Mag's have problems in the M&P's is this true? Are there other options or ways to remedy this? or Is MagPul working on a fix?

Thanks,
Don

tinman44
03-01-09, 01:22
there are threads on this. but short answer, you need to contact s&w they will take care of you. nothing wrong with the p-mag.

Stoneman122
03-01-09, 02:32
there are threads on this. but short answer, you need to contact s&w they will take care of you. nothing wrong with the p-mag.

The reason I'm asking the question is, I intend on buying several Pmag's and I just wanted clarification as to whether this was still an issue! I'll have to look again and post exactly what it said, something to do with the round feeding into the chamber type problem! (I don't know) If they work great, I'll take 6 of them!!

Guess I'll just have to get them and try them in MY gun....

Don

tinman44
03-01-09, 03:39
From what I recall some of the earlier S&W M&p 15's had tight magwells. They basically fix these issues when the consumer has issues. Also there was a thread here that had manufactor dates of the S&W's that were having this issue. S&W has great customer service and fix's these issues if you have them from what I have heard. Anyways I didnt mean to come off hostile but there are often trolls that suggest p-mags have all these problems cuz they arent made of steel. I have 20 and have used them all in my Colt 6920 with no issue's. A close friend of mine has a S&W and I gave him a mag that came with a purchase and he also had no issue's whatsoever. So the long answer is, if there is any issue's it would be in the lower portion of your rifle. If there is a problem like this, call S&W and they will hook you up. Also I'm only a member of this forum, and its possible I shouldnt be replying to your post as this is magpuls sub forum, and I am not a representitive of them.