PDA

View Full Version : LMT SN Question

Edm
12-14-06, 14:02
I just picked up my second LMT lower from my FFL. I bought my first 2 years ago from another dealer. The SN's are about 400 apart. Just seems odd. The tag said that this one was inspected in May 2006. Did they stop making Defender lowers for a few years? Why would they be that close. No worries I love them both. Old one had a A2 grip and this has a molded looking and feeling one.

K.L. Davis
12-14-06, 21:53
Not saying this is the answer, but sometimes when you see "slow" running numbers from a company like that... it will be on lowers that are manufactured by another company for them on a LOV.

When the LOV is drafted, there is a block or run of serial numbers that manufacturer B will make for manufacturer A -- "A" may not use parts from "B" all that often, and only end up having batches of a hundred ran once or twice a year...

Also, manufacturers can run numbers with certain prefixes for certain models, or even certain numbers to track CTG history of forgings from a certain company, etc, etc... that is all done in house.

AR-15A3
12-15-06, 11:32
Congrats. :D

The LMT Defender 2000 lower I bought summer last year have a S/N LMT 30K range and it had a factory TangoDown Battlegrip.

I changed my TangoDown which is too small for my hand with a Magpul MIAD grip that fits me better.

Your grip could be the Ergo grip by Falcon Industries (ref: http://www.ergogrips.net).

My lower fits perfect with my LMT 16" M4 style upper which is a lot better than my very tight RRA upper and lower receivers.