PDA

View Full Version : Bushido Tactical Defensive Rifle class.....Post class comments

gogetal3
03-01-09, 21:35
This past weekend I attended my first Tactical Carbine class. Bushido Tactical Defensive Rifle 1. Instructor Wade Rorich. Held in St. Augustine, FL, this time. The class is fast paced and there is a lot of good information. It's physcially demanding and mentally challenging. There was a good mix of people with different experience levels. Every dry fire drill, or position drill is followed by live fire, and put to use in urban combat scenerios for students to execute. There was a good mix of drills and trigger time. Including ambidextrious transitions for every drill, and transitions to side arms. First day was about 13 hours, hard fast pace day followed by an intense night shoot. First time class goers as I was........great opportunity to get your feet wet......and challenging enough for experienced shooters. You'll walk away with the how to and why's of certain positions and movements. Wade is a knowledgable individual, and very personable. Keeps a good eye out on proper form of the shooter, and maintains consistency in doing so. There isn't any room for ego in this class, check that at the door. You can expect to learn and have a blast doing so.... The class is open discussion and you make the technique work for you the best way you can. Overload of info given for just two days. But I found it to fit my budget and put my time to good use.

Guns and Ammo
There was a good mix up of rifles run. I ran a M&P 15, and she ran sweet! I have VLTOR EMOD, a VLTOR CASEV-EL, with a Spikes tactical foregrip, Surefire G2 mounted at 11o'clock (which I found to be a big issue doing lowlight side arm drills), and an Aim Point compl ML3 (bad ass). I was very content with my rifle equipment, I found the foregrip to be mounted perfect for me, the Surefire will have to move to a different location though. I used a couple PMAGS, and 2 Lancers, along with the Brownells. Only one of the Lancers wouldn't seat right the first few times I loaded it but I kept at it and after a few it went no problem. The mags were brand new! Another M&P15 A couple Bushy's, DPMS, a couple Noveske short barrels. There was a centry arms with a bolt carrier that looked as though someone put a dremel in the hands of a drunk! It was shaved down on the underside big time! Quick trip to the gun shop up the street rifle good to go. There was a variety of ammo. I shot mostly PMC .223, and Winchester 5.56. Not a single malfunction with the ammo, just human error on my behalf from attempting speed reloads and such. Someone shooting wolf through a bastard build, and even the Noveske, the entire time. No malf to speak of. and for the $250 spent for a case....you can't beat that!

To my pleasant suprise I met two of the students from the Magpul Video. A married couple, very nice and personable people. Fun to talk to, easy going, knowledgable, and good mind set. I look forward to shooting with them in future classes.

I'm not about to claim that this is the ultimate experience....I will say there was a great deal of experience gained, and information. Not to mention a great time!!

The wesite:
bushidotactical.com

vigilant2
03-01-09, 23:49
I took the class also, back in September. Thought it was great,learned alot.
I think Wade is a class act and great instructor. The endurance drills really push
the envelope of shooting and thinking under exhaustion or near exhaustion:D .
I too had my light at 11:00, I'm guessing you had the same problem I did during
transition to reactive side. My light now resides at 9:00 on the carbine with the VG, and 11:00 on the one with no VG.

Would definitely take his class again.

Ron3
03-04-09, 22:01
I took this class last year.

I wanted to take it again but had other obligations. Maybe next time.