PDA

View Full Version : CMC Power Mag Plus 8rnd

Aud_VDW
03-01-09, 22:52
According to 10-8 performance the 8 round CMC power mag is Hilton Yam's 1st recco in 8 round 1911 mags.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the newer 8 round Power PLUS mags from CMC? It is supposed to have a better follower, I don't know if it has a longer tube like the Tripp-Cobra mags.

Thanks for any input.

Lynn Freshly
03-02-09, 00:16
According to 10-8 performance the 8 round CMC power mag is Hilton Yam's 1st recco in 8 round 1911 mags.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the newer 8 round Power PLUS mags from CMC? It is supposed to have a better follower, I don't know if it has a longer tube like the Tripp-Cobra mags.

Thanks for any input.

I spoke with Chip McCormick about this at the SHOT Show. And he told me that on some pistols (lightweight frames, IIRC) the original style follower would make the mag hang up occassionally. His recommendation was to stick with the original Power Mags unless you had a problem. The original follower will sometimes pop forward when the mag is empty. And you have to push it back before loading.

Lynn