PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater founder, CEO resigns

Buckaroo
03-02-09, 11:08
http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/02/blackwater-founder-ceo-resigns/

(CNN) — Erik Prince, founder of the Blackwater Worldwide security firm, announced on Monday that he has resigned as head of the company, recently renamed Xe.

“We have had incredible success in the fields of security, stability operations, aviation, training and logistics,” Prince wrote in an e-mail sent to the company’s employees and independent contractors.

“These successes are the result of your hard work and commitment. Looking ahead, I am confident that through your continued dedication and our constant re-evaluation of operations, we will continue to lead the way.”

Prince said he will be replaced as the company’s CEO by Danielle Esposito, who has worked for the firm and its partners for nearly 10 years. Blackwater/Xe’s president, Gary Jackson, is also stepping down to retire, Prince said.

subzero
03-02-09, 12:23
Whoa.

seb5
03-02-09, 17:59
I'm sure he is financially set for his grand kids lifetimes. At the same time I think he provided a service that was needed and even requested. If it wasn't Blackwater it would have been someone or some other company.

ToddG
03-02-09, 18:29
And he still owns the company.

Left Sig
03-02-09, 19:06
He did what a good leader does - he took the fall for something that didn't go right. Wasn't his fault, and the accused Blackwater guards might be acquitted, but they lost a big contract and ultimately the guy in charge is responsible for everything that happens on his watch.

If only the people in Congress would resign when they preside over a screw up...

neodecker
03-02-09, 19:34
If only the people in Congress would resign when they preside over a screw up...
Or the banks

Magsz
03-02-09, 23:30
Pfft, accountability means nothing these days.

Iraqgunz
03-03-09, 01:01
You may not be aware of this, but Mr. Prince was already finanically set before he founded Blackwater. He inherited alot of money from his father after he passed away. I met him personally in 2006 and thought he was a very nice guy.

I'm sure he is financially set for his grand kids lifetimes. At the same time I think he provided a service that was needed and even requested. If it wasn't Blackwater it would have been someone or some other company.

Iraq Ninja
03-03-09, 07:05
There are two well known names in this industry- Prince and Spicer. What both have in common, is an appreciation of the guy on the ground, doing the dirty work.

With most PMCs, if you get hurt, they write you off to DBA and you are history. Prince took care of his warriors. If you got hurt working for him, you still had a job back in CONUS. I hope this trend continues...