PDA

View Full Version : Non-sealed ammo for "SHTF"?

SecretAgentMan
03-02-09, 13:27
I just purchased a couple of battle packs of Prvi Partizan 75 gr. BTHP Match ammunition to test in my Bravo Company mid-length. I've heard great things about the reliability and consistency of this ammo, and considering the price, it seems like a great choice for stockpiling. The only downside I can see is that this ammo is not sealed like M193 or M855. Do any of you more experienced shooters see this as a serious problem for "SHTF" ammo?

markm
03-02-09, 13:37
Not a problem. Most ammo functions fine if it gets wet.

Iraqgunz
03-02-09, 13:56
Put it in some military style ammo cans and don't take long hot showers with it and you will be good to go.

I just purchased a couple of battle packs of Prvi Partizan 75 gr. BTHP Match ammunition to test in my Bravo Company mid-length. I've heard great things about the reliability and consistency of this ammo, and considering the price, it seems like a great choice for stockpiling. The only downside I can see is that this ammo is not sealed like M193 or M855. Do any of you more experienced shooters see this as a serious problem for "SHTF" ammo?

SecretAgentMan
03-02-09, 13:57
Thank you, gentlemen.

30 cal slut
03-02-09, 16:07
yours came sealed in those heavy plastic bags, right?

that right there is some pretty tough packaging, more importantly, it's moisture proof.

good enough for me.

brown3345
03-02-09, 18:56
Just keep it dry and it will last for everi still have some 30-06 FMJ in 8 round clips that shoots great

RojasTKD
03-03-09, 00:45
I had several hundred rounds of 5.56/.223 from an old AR I sold years ago. Finally got another AR and and after 12 years if sitting in my closed it functioned just fine. I think you won't have much of a problem.