PDA

View Full Version : Trigger guard roll pin

Macon Due
12-14-06, 20:44
Hi all
Hoping someone will help me with this problem...........i need to drive in the trigger guard rollpin that comes with the MagPul trigger guard.Is there a technique or tip to make it safer? While gently driving out the pin from the stock guard i was dismayed to see the left ear [that the pin drives thru] snap off the lower.[sick also] I acraglased it back on but would like to avoid a repeat putting guard back on.Anyway could sure use some help.Thank you..........Macon..[and yes,i feel like a D.A.]

Robb Jensen
12-14-06, 21:09
You can just use the Magpul MIAD front grip insert that has the plastic larger triggerguard on it. You need to support the ears of the lower while knocking in the roll pin to avoid breaking one off.

Macon Due
12-14-06, 21:20
gotm4
Thanks for the reply.I already have the MagPul trigger guard.Any ideas on how to support the ears while i drive in the pin? You think drilling the hole out slightly larger would help or hurt? I'd really hate to break the other ear.I guess i will start the pin in the "repaired" ear side.I had no ideah such ac simple little job would turn into a hairball. Thanks for any help.
Macon

Robb Jensen
12-14-06, 21:24
I lube all the holes in an AR lower with Militec before assembling and use a nylon barrel block (1911) to support the ears of the triggerguard while pounding the pin in. Sometimes I VERY slightly crimp the roll pin to help start it.