PDA

View Full Version : Shims for MagPul M93B stocks? Other questions!

Glockster35
12-14-06, 21:24
I have a used black MagPul M93B stock coming soon.

The previous owner said all parts are there to fit to my rifle, but it only has one shim with it. What are the shims used for, and is it possible that I will require more?

Are these available anywhere online for purchase?

General impressions of this stock have been both good and bad, but I think it is just what I desire, at least until the new UBR comes online, and I can afford it.

I initially wanted a CTR, but am not convinced it is for me. I wanted a collapsible stock, that had a cheek rest on the forward portion of the tube, and the M93B is the only one I have found filling that requirement.

Thanks in advance

Robb Jensen
12-14-06, 21:25
If Magpul can't provide them to you let me know. I have a bunch.

The shims are needed to get the buffer tube (receiver extension) to time correctly. I like them to time between 7 o'clock and 10 o'clock (as veiwed from the back of the receiver looking toward the front) to contain the buffer retainer and fit tightly against the receiver properly.

Glockster35
12-14-06, 22:02
Cool, thanks.

I have sent them a message trying to find out what they still have available!

deadwood83
12-14-06, 22:28
Yeah, if Magpul doesn't have em I have extras from my stock, too (only one lower so they are truly extra.)

Glockster35
12-16-06, 18:39
I got the stock today, and I am going to need the spacers. If anyone wants to part with theirs, please let me know.

Robb Jensen
12-16-06, 20:04
I got the stock today, and I am going to need the spacers. If anyone wants to part with theirs, please let me know.

Dude, IM me your address and I'll send you one of every size I have.