PDA

View Full Version : MI forearm breakage, rare?

deadwood83
12-14-06, 22:37
From my experience with MI, this problem is extremely rare but I thought i'd post it nonetheless if not fo bragging rights or something. Anyway, my MI 2-piece free floater has started breaking at the rear base of the right side rail. It's really pretty cool looking. I'm not going to worry about replacing it.
ETA: Pics to come when the camera is found
So, anybody else seen this happen?

Glockster35
12-15-06, 07:11
I don't have specifics of brakage on other forearms for you, but I would encourage you to talk with MI about this issue.

You may not be alone in this problem, and others may be experiencing it as well. MI will probably make things right, I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service.

Last thing I would want is a war fighter somewhere in the world to be having the same issue with a part of their rifle, when they need it most!

Midwest Industries
12-18-06, 08:53
call me and we will replace it . We had a couple early models with cracks so we went to a renforced ear area on the gen 2 . we will replace any units with problems free of charge
TROY
MIDWEST INDUSTRIES
262-896-6780

MudBug
12-18-06, 10:56
call me and we will replace it . We had a couple early models with cracks so we went to a renforced ear area on the gen 2 . we will replace any units with problems free of charge
TROY
MIDWEST INDUSTRIES
262-896-6780

This is true.

I had an MI gas block that had the gas tube roll pin hole drilled in the wrong spot. I called them and spoke with Troy who acknowledged that they had a problem with some of the first units shipped and all he needed was my address and shirt size to make it right. I had a new GB and a T-shirt at my house very quickly.

Troy seems to be very concerned about his customers satisfaction and very willing to do what it takes plus a bit more to make them happy.

deadwood83
12-18-06, 20:18
I would, but I did the almost unthinkable and removed the railed pieces from the barrel nut clamping part about 5 hours after I posted, literally out of sheer curiosity. From my view (and many manufacturer's view) that completely and totally nullified any responsibility on MI's part so replacement is kinda nullified (i knew it would be when I did it.)

Plus i've got a set of carbine length 2-piece MI handguards laying around and I think it's about time I get a new delta ring kit and have it installed so I can use those again.:D They were really rigid with 0 play when I had them on the rifle before the free floater.

Glockster35
12-18-06, 20:32
Deadwood93,

I too like you like to mess things up a bit out of curiosity. It's what makes us men!:D

Sorry to hear it actually, those things are kind of spendy to just throw away. Any chance of having someone save them?

deadwood83
12-18-06, 23:59
alright i'll give in to peer pressure again:p and give Troy a call.

2 Que's for Troy if he's got spare time:

~ Does it matter if, after it broke, I took it apart completely, looked at everything for a minute then reassembled?

~When's a good time to call?:D

Midwest Industries
12-19-06, 11:19
call any time. we do not encourage customer to disassemble our hand guards. I will take care of you and get you a new set .give me or the girls a call and we will take care of you
TROY
MIDWEST INDUSTRIES

VA_Dinger
12-20-06, 10:00
TROY
MIDWEST INDUSTRIES
262-896-6780

Wow, now thats some great customer service.

GlockWRX
12-20-06, 10:27
And great free advertising. The next time I need hand guards, or any other sling mount (I love my rail mounted sling swivel), I will definately remember how MI took care of this guy.