PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior Shoot AWESOMENESS!!!!

hal_5555
03-03-09, 12:46
Just wanted to post this picture that I have been holding on for the last
year. The picture speaks for itself. To me this makes things worth it. To
me it shows the true United States Warrior Fighting spirit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/HAL_5555/Wounded%20Warrior%20Shoot/IMG_0214_3.jpg
this is an Army Soldier receiving care from WRMC out of the day, shooting at the first annual Wounded Warrior Shoot, QMCB 2008.

To give a small bit of background on where this was taken... I was over
visiting one of my buddies at Walter Reed one day and we got to talking about
going to the range. Well that then turned into talk of why we couldn't take
some wounded Vets to the range. Long story short, and a shit-load of emails
and phone calls later and I found that it was perfectly fine and also would
even be supported by Walter Reed!
From this point on, I wanted to make this something that I would love to go
to if I was in WRMC. I found a range and ammo that was donated by the Army
and I started contacting all the companies that I could think of to see if
they could send me some stickers, hats, tee's, etc. Just something to give
out to them as freebies and maybe for a small shoot competition. Well, I was
overwhelmed by the gear and stuff companies sent! These companies went above
and beyond. If you have not already purchased from the following companies,
I would give them a look! They are all kick ass manufactures who wholly
support our true heroes! The shoot went without a hitch! It all went down
at Quantico MCB on a beautiful day in September. I will post more pics as I
resize and get permission but I wanted to share with you. The next annual
shoot will be in June! I can always use help or more weapons to have the
Warriors shoot! If you want to have fun please feel free to contact me via
PM. It will be in Culpepper, VA this year. I will have tons of ammo and
free pizza and non alcoholic drinks for all!

:cool::cool: Those awesome companies are: Larue Tactical, Surefire, Magpul, Milspec Monkey, Diamondback Tactical, Aimpoint, FirstLight, Wiley X, Revision, and ESS. Thank you to all who helped! It was a great time!

Rog

SeriousStudent
03-03-09, 18:09
Thanks very much for doing this. It's an awesome thing, to help a warrior find their spirit.

I will be sure and mention this event the next time I order from those companies. I have an order going in with Surefire this week. I'll be sure and thank them for their support.

kaiservontexas
03-03-09, 18:31
That is pure awesome, and I am glad to know MagPul, LaRue Tactical, SureFire, Aimpoint, and the Milspec Monkey helped all of you with the project. Yes, I purchase from them and use their products. I will have to look into the other companies in the future when I have a need.

billpete
03-03-09, 18:56
What a great thing for the Wounded Warriors, yourself and the companies that supported the event.

A true win for all!

Thanks for doing that for them. And to the companies that supported the event as well.

lindertw
05-31-09, 06:52
...The next annual shoot will be in June! I can always use help or more weapons to have the Warriors shoot! If you want to have fun please feel free to contact me via PM. It will be in Culpepper, VA this year.

Rog
Rog, any updates/details on the June '09 shoot?

hal_5555
05-31-09, 07:02
Rog, any updates/details on the June '09 shoot?

Totally sorry that i did not post updates here!

June 6th, 2009 will be the event.
Quantico Range 2
0800-1400

Ammo is still needed!

PM for more details!:D:D:D

Army Chief
05-31-09, 10:08
It's an awesome thing, to help a warrior find their spirit.

Pure poetry.

AC

NickB
05-31-09, 23:51
Totally sorry that i did not post updates here!

June 6th, 2009 will be the event.
Quantico Range 2
0800-1400

Ammo is still needed!

PM for more details!:D:D:D

Thanks for the photos! We ran into a group of Wounded Warriors at FBI Quantico last time I was out there - great group of guys. Please let me know next time you guys have a shoot. If anyone from Magpul can make it out, we'd love to be a part of it!

lindertw
06-01-09, 06:11
I was able to rearrange my schedule this Saturday, PM sent Rog!

SeriousStudent
06-01-09, 18:25
Thanks for the photos! We ran into a group of Wounded Warriors at FBI Quantico last time I was out there - great group of guys. Please let me know next time you guys have a shoot. If anyone from Magpul can make it out, we'd love to be a part of it!

NickB, I am not surprised in the least to read your post.

I swear, every time I read some window-licker's post about "My Aimpoint clone is just as good" or "My faked Magpul counterfeit knockoff is the shizzle" I think about posts like yours.

When was the last time anybody read about some Chinese general leaving his prison labor sweatshop, and supporting our service members? But you always see the same folks here, stepping up to the plate to help our guys.

And that's just the things we see. How many times have Rich, Travis, Drake, Chris or you sent stuff to guys in harm's way, that we never hear about? You just do it, because you truly love the people that defend us.

This is why I will never buy a fake anything for my weapons. And it's why I send my money to people like Magpul, Surefire, VA Arms, G&R, Noveske, Aimpoint etc.

Sorry for the rant, that clone crap just makes my blood boil.

So when is that Chinese guy visiting, anyway? Riddle me that, rip-off artists.

hal_5555
06-01-09, 21:28

Nick, will def let you know! thanks again for all the support! its going to be awesome this Sat!

scooterp
06-01-09, 21:41
Serious student, thanks for saying something I have been thinking about a long time. The same quality people and companies always step up, a lot of times without being asked. This business does not have huge profit margins at any level, so hats off to the ones making a difference.

Scott

SeriousStudent
06-01-09, 22:19
Scooterp, you are more than welcome.

About a year ago, something just really, really hammered this home for me. A buddy and I were shooting at a range, and we met a young sailor and a friend, practicing immediate action drills with their LMT carbines.

We struck up a conversation, and I found out he was heading back to his ship the very next day. He was on a boarding party aboard a DDG in the Gulf.

I had a spare Benchmade folder in my range bag, that was a safe queen. I brought to show my shooting buddy. I asked the young petty officer if the Navy issued him a decent knife. When he said no, I reached into my bag and gave him my Benchmade.

He was flabbergasted. I will remember his words until I die. "But you don't even know me, why would you give me something like this? It's too nice, I can't take it."

I showed him a picture of my kids in my wallet. I told him that he had never met my children, but he swore an oath to protect them.

"This knife is just a chunk of steel. It's worth nothing compared to your oath."

These men and women risk their lives here and abroad. Military and cops, firefighters and especially Coasties, risk it every day.

I owe them, and I am just trying to put a little ink on my side of the balance sheet. I was a Marine a long time ago, and I am constantly humbled by how fine these young people are today.

We are so very blessed.

I apologize for the thread hijack, Rog. Bless you all for what you are doing.

hal_5555
06-02-09, 13:04
Scooterp, you are more than welcome.

About a year ago, something just really, really hammered this home for me. A buddy and I were shooting at a range, and we met a young sailor and a friend, practicing immediate action drills with their LMT carbines.

We struck up a conversation, and I found out he was heading back to his ship the very next day. He was on a boarding party aboard a DDG in the Gulf.

I had a spare Benchmade folder in my range bag, that was a safe queen. I brought to show my shooting buddy. I asked the young petty officer if the Navy issued him a decent knife. When he said no, I reached into my bag and gave him my Benchmade.

He was flabbergasted. I will remember his words until I die. "But you don't even know me, why would you give me something like this? It's too nice, I can't take it."

I showed him a picture of my kids in my wallet. I told him that he had never met my children, but he swore an oath to protect them.

"This knife is just a chunk of steel. It's worth nothing compared to your oath."

These men and women risk their lives here and abroad. Military and cops, firefighters and especially Coasties, risk it every day.

I owe them, and I am just trying to put a little ink on my side of the balance sheet. I was a Marine a long time ago, and I am constantly humbled by how fine these young people are today.

We are so very blessed.

I apologize for the thread hijack, Rog. Bless you all for what you are doing.

Dude no thread hijack. you have totally said what its all about. eventhough i serve, i see everyday, people that have no idea and take for granted their freedom. even in the service there are sometimes where things are taken for granted.

i just want to give something back to say thank you to my fellow brothers and sisters in arms. i am sure there are better ways, but this is the best way i know how and its been going fairly well.

i know this cant bring back a limb or take away the memory, but damn i can treat them like it was worth it and to get back into the fight. our work is never done. ****ing rock on!

lindertw
06-06-09, 20:27
What an amazing day today; hal_5555 you did good pulling everything together.

Thank you for letting the kid and I help out, we're looking forward to next year's match :cool:

RogerinTPA
06-06-09, 21:24
Thanks for putting this on Hall_5555. It is a very awesome gesture to honor our wounded Veterans. It shows them that they are still lethal warriors and to"keep them in the fight". Every state should have a similar program. Make sure to update this thread with photos of this weekend's shoot. Big Kudos to you Bro!:cool:

Vic303
06-08-09, 20:08
J
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/HAL_5555/Wounded%20Warrior%20Shoot/IMG_0214_3.jpg

A perfect example of how a Rifleman adapts and overcomes! Outstanding! Thanks Rog, for sharing your pic, and for what you have done to help the Wounded Warriors.