PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Advanced Handgun Marksmanship; North TX; 10/10-11/09 and 10/08-09/09

Wayne Dobbs
03-03-09, 13:22
Vickers Tactical Advanced Handgun Marksmanship Course

Larry Vickers, former U. S. Army Delta Force operator/weapons trainer, American Pistol Guild gunsmith and firearms industry consultant will be returning to North Texas to present his two day Advanced Handgun Marksmanship Course. Larry’s credentials are very extensive and “real world” and may be viewed on his website at: www.vickerstactical.com

While "tactical" pistol courses are available through a variety of qualified trainers, this course will focus on applying marksmanship skills in a variety of challenging drills. While it is true that there is no such thing as an "advanced gunfight", this course is NOT for the beginning shooter. Larry will be working closely with each student to maximize his ability with each marksmanship fundamental, and help the shooter achieve his true accuracy potential with the pistol at any range.

This is not a traditional tactical pistol course, but a technical skill building class. Larry will be sharing the drills and methods he has used in training 1st SFOD to develop their precision and long distance marksmanship skills. While the round count will not be as high as many students are used to, every round fired will count.

Please bring the most shootable pistol you have, as the emphasis will be on difficult marksmanship drills. Larry says, "An accurate 1911 with good sights will be a plus. It will definitely be challenging, I can promise you that - we will pull out all kinds of drills that I always liked and used for practice that normally don't get covered in a standard class."

This class will be a rare opportunity to gain a maximum training benefit from an individual who arguably possesses the best combined credentials of a world class trainer, operator, industry consultant and pistolsmith extant.

This class will be an open enrollment course and TCLEOSE credit will be available for Texas law enforcement personnel.

Lead Instructor: Larry A. Vickers

Class Dates: October 10-11, 2009

Class Size: 16 maximum

Cost: $425 per student (includes range fees)

Location: Adrenaline Proving Grounds Range, 2131 SH 380, Greenville, TX

Class Equipment Requirements:

· Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection preferred)
· Duty grade (or better) service pistol
· Three magazines minimum – five or more preferred
· Holster and belt
· Magazine pouches to maintain two magazines on your person
· 600 rounds serviceable ammunition (minimum)
· Suitable range attire for the season
· Weapons maintenance gear, including lubricant
· Good attitude

For an enrollment form to reserve your place in this class, send an email to detwd114@yahoo.com

Wayne Dobbs
03-05-09, 09:43
Three slots left.

GLOCKMASTER
03-05-09, 17:23
I attended this class this past December and I highly recommend it.

Wayne Dobbs
03-11-09, 10:43
This class is FULL. Please contact me if you wish to be placed on a waiting list.

Wayne Dobbs
03-12-09, 13:21
See second class offering for 10/8-9/2009:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=27747

Wayne Dobbs
09-22-09, 17:01
I have slots available for both the 10/10-11 and the 10/08-09 classes due to late cancellations. Contact me ASAP if you want in on this.

WD

Wayne Dobbs
10-05-09, 13:50
There are still slots for the weekend class (10th and 11th) if anybody's in need of a rarely done LAV class.