PDA

View Full Version : NRA Board of Directors

adh
03-03-09, 20:14
So I received my ballot for the NRA board. I have no real opinion on any of the candidates. My assumption is that all of them must have pro 2nd views or they wouldn't be on the ballot. In the past I just did not cast a vote because of my lack of opinion. However, I have come to respect the views of many a board member here. With that said, any suggestions. As far as the ballot goes, it would almost be best to discuss who to leave off the ballot than who to vote for. IIRC there low 30 something candidates and you are to cast yuor vote for high 20 something candidates.

Thanks for your input,

ADH

OldNavyGuy
03-04-09, 08:18
My assumption is that all of them must have pro 2nd views or they wouldn't be on the ballot.

do not be too sure of that, as much as they compromise on our gun rights i wonder at times if there are some Commie Antis in the midst of the wishy-washy NRA :D

Cold Zero
03-04-09, 09:21
ADH, if you want a man who is prohunting and more importantly who will stay up nights to protect your rights for AR15's, then vote George Kollitides. You still have 19 other votes left.

chadbag
03-04-09, 09:27
Not all the NRA board members are fervent 2A supporters. Some are sport shooters, shotgun shooters, etc that think like Zumbo. Research them all and remember you do not need to vote all your votes. Vote as many as are fervent 2A supporters and leave it at that. Do not use up your votes voting for the wrong people as those votes work against the votes you place for the good people.

See who TOS is supporting and research those people. See who Dillon Precision is supporting, and every other good gun supporting group. They have done the homework for you on some of these guys. Always look into who they are supporting but you can start with them as who to look into.

Also, check out these guys. http://www.nealknox.com/

Neal Knox (RIP) was a great supporter of the 2A and he and his kind were purged from the NRA a while back by the soft pansy sport shooter and shotgun shooter types as well as some other internal NRA bickering.

adh
03-04-09, 14:06
thanks for the input, I have to do something so hence the NRA membership, but I do feel that the NRA is too willing to compromise....one thing for sure is that there is little to no vocal support for NFA items. IMO the NFA should not even exist, but that is another discussion.