PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920

Thomaswh3
03-05-09, 12:16
I just received my new 6920 from the dealer today . I took it home and wiped it down for an inspection . Everything looks good except there is a little rough casting on the lower behind the trigger . It looks like they forgot to grind it on one side . Is this normal or should I have something done about it ?

spamsammich
03-05-09, 12:19
It happens. leave it alone.

markm
03-05-09, 12:27
You got screwed. You best bet is to recoup what you can by selling the gun to me for PENNIES on the DOLLAR!!! :mad:

Dave L.
03-05-09, 13:04
The beauty is in the function.

Fringe
03-05-09, 14:21
You just bought a Colt. Be happy and sleep well.

nighthawk756
03-05-09, 16:28
Colt will tell you...they're more into making a reliable battle rifle than they're into fit and finish. ;)

But post pics.....we can tell you for sure if it's something you need to worry about or not.

ST911
03-05-09, 16:34
I just received my new 6920 from the dealer today . I took it home and wiped it down for an inspection . Everything looks good except there is a little rough casting on the lower behind the trigger . It looks like they forgot to grind it on one side . Is this normal or should I have something done about it ?

How is the functioning of the rifle adversely affected by this problem?

QuickStrike
03-05-09, 16:35
Mine has this also. There is a rough spot in front of the magwell too...

What does it matter? :confused:

NetJunkie
03-05-09, 16:47
How is the functioning of the rifle adversely affected by this problem?

The same way your car being keyed on all sides. You pay a premium for a rifle..you expect it to be right.

QuickStrike
03-05-09, 16:57
The same way your car being keyed on all sides. You pay a premium for a rifle..you expect it to be right.

That's more of a functional/ease of use thing.

A few rough spots on the lower doesn't affect weapon handling or performance at all though.

GaryG
03-05-09, 17:29

Its normal.

The castings on my 6921, especially around the front sight post, looks cruder that what I did in my high school metal working class.

You've still got the most reliable Tier-1 AR available.

Thomaswh3
03-06-09, 05:58
Thanks for all the advice . It doesn't hurt the function of the rifle . I was just disappointed when I saw it . I had to wait 3 months to get it . I'm going to take it out this weekend to break it in . Thanks again , Tom

markm
03-06-09, 07:46
My offer of $50 for it stands. It's probably a chinese knock off.

ST911
03-06-09, 09:37
That's more of a functional/ease of use thing. A few rough spots on the lower doesn't affect weapon handling or performance at all though.

And a car is a multi-thousand dollar purchase.

Thanks for all the advice . It doesn't hurt the function of the rifle . I was just disappointed when I saw it . I had to wait 3 months to get it . I'm going to take it out this weekend to break it in . Thanks again , Tom

You bought a hammer. Go find some nails.

Post a pic though?

Fringe
03-06-09, 11:41
Not the same as a car. If the M4 was in the same boat, they would use premium flaked paint like they do on pretty cars and the inverse would be the same for the car, you could get a BMW in parkerized.

Razorhunter
03-06-09, 12:00
Just because some of you guys don't seem to care about fit and finish issues such as this, does NOT mean it's excuseable. I'm a big Colt fan, but their fit and finish sucks some of the time, and they could EASILY get it right. They just don't care, and don't want to.
What sucks is that you see all the DPMS and RRA's all perfectly finished, and then they wonder why Colt refuses to get it right.
When you spend $1300 (or MORE these days) on a Colt, it SHOULD be finished NICER than all the others out there, as Colt has been making AR's for years longer than most of these companies.
Some of us simply prefer to be in control of the blems that are put on our $1300+ weapons.

Semi_auto
03-06-09, 17:48
Just because some of you guys don't seem to care about fit and finish issues such as this, does NOT mean it's excuseable...
Some of us simply prefer to be in control of the blems that are put on our $1300+ weapons.

Not that anyone doesn't care, but if the rifle is used for training, defense, etc. fit and finish does not matter.

stlyns
03-06-09, 17:52
my RRA and CMMG lowers are as smooth as a baby's butt!:D:p

Razorhunter
03-06-09, 19:32
Not that anyone doesn't care, but if the rifle is used for training, defense, etc. fit and finish does not matter.

Well in regards to weapon function of course it doesn't matter. Who on this forum could possibly be of such a low intelligence level to not already know this? Would anyone actually have to be told this?
No offense, but we are not debating the obvious in regards to functionality of a weapon due to it's finish. We are discussing and acknowledging Colts subpar finish as compared to others.

Razorhunter
03-06-09, 19:33

NetJunkie got it right, REGARDLESS of whether or not everyone agrees. Facts are facts, regardless of who cares or not.
You pay a premium for ANY product, you SHOULD HAVE THE OPPORTUNNITY to expect it to be the best IN EVERY WAY.
NOT just functionally, and certainly NOT just cosmetically.

bkb0000
03-06-09, 20:05
i wish people would quit saying "casting." there's no "casting" involved in Colt receiver manufacturing. what you're looking at is called "forge flash."

as far as fit and finish- i don't know what to tell you. LMT, for instance, as some may recall me commenting on many many times before, does SHIT finish machining compared to other manufacturers. when you buy an LMT, you expect shitty finish machining. you expect forge flash and tool marks and even gashes and scrapes and dents and so forth. you don't buy LMTs for finish- period.

i dont have that much experience with colt, but from what i've seen/read, they're basically the same. if you're buying them for finish, you're kinda dumb- cause that's not what they're about.

MarshallDodge
03-06-09, 20:17
Geez, you guys make it seem like it's Thomas' fault for questioning Colt's "superiority". I agree, for that kind of money they should make it right.

I like "The Chart" but it fails to address these types of issues.

bkb0000
03-06-09, 20:31
Geez, you guys make it seem like it's Thomas' fault for questioning Colt's "superiority". I agree, for that kind of money they should make it right.

I like "The Chart" but it fails to address these types of issues.

his colt most likely is "right"

i guess its the difference between a user and a looker... i've never once returned a hammer because it had forge-flash on it. i guess you would.

bkb0000
03-06-09, 20:36
maybe this will help- Mega and Aeroprecision and Stag have known good finish machining. When I'm looking for a "fine" receiver, i buy a Mega or an Aero (i hate the stupid deer, but they are clean). I've bought several of both- mostly just to have. I don't really want to build on them because i know i'll use a gun i build, and i know i'll trash a gun i use. so they basically sit.

my LMTs, however, get built on, and trashed. i buy them to abuse them. I buy them BECAUSE i want something that will take a beating and keep running. it's not about finish.

DOES that help?

MarshallDodge
03-06-09, 21:24
DOES that help?

Not really. But we are both pro-gun so that's good. :D

TOM1911
03-07-09, 00:36

It's not something thats going to hang in the Louvre, It's a military tool and as such doesn't require a high degree of finish. All it has to do is function, and considering the manufaturer, Function it does. Just shoot the hell out of it and be happy you have one:cool:

CaptainDooley
03-07-09, 09:27
I understand both opinions here...

Clearly, you bought a 6920 knowing that it's a GTG piece of gear - it's as close to the mil-spec rifle you can get without enlisting from what I read and that alone should make it worth the price you paid.

However, If I can spend half that money and have a nice looking rifle, why wouldn't I still have a nice looking rifle when I pay for a 6920?

This whole post boils down to expectations and reality... Some people know exactly what they're getting when they get an LMT or Colt product (thanks for the heads up on LMT by the way, since I'm hoping to score an upper from them soon)... and so when their rifle shows up with some finish problems, they're okay with it as long as the rifle functions... If you don't have that expectation and you're looking at how much money you're spending and how nice a RRA or DPMS rifle looks and then your Colt shows up with blems, you're going to be disappointed and frustrated. That said, if the rifle functions, just remember you bought a Colt and you should have as close to perfect in the AR platform as you can get from a factory... regardless of what it looks like.

Thomaswh3
03-07-09, 10:05
I have two other colt rifles . A mt 6601 that I bought in 2003 and a 6721 that I bought in 2006 . They don't have the forge flashing . Both are smooth . Thats what I was comparing the 6920 to. Maybe Colt is trying to produce as many as they can and letting things get by .

CarlosDJackal
03-07-09, 10:28

I'll up that offer to $250!! :D

ALCOAR
03-07-09, 11:10

Mark im beginning to see u dont miss an opportunity to score a nice asian knockoff.

Razorhunter
03-07-09, 12:08
maybe this will help- Mega and Aeroprecision and Stag have known good finish machining. When I'm looking for a "fine" receiver, i buy a Mega or an Aero (i hate the stupid deer, but they are clean). I've bought several of both- mostly just to have. I don't really want to build on them because i know i'll use a gun i build, and i know i'll trash a gun i use. so they basically sit.

my LMTs, however, get built on, and trashed. i buy them to abuse them. I buy them BECAUSE i want something that will take a beating and keep running. it's not about finish.

DOES that help?

I'm not sure WHAT it "helps", as I don't really think anyone needs help here.
I think we all understand that many guys here don't care about the finish on their rifles, and that is totally fine, and nothing wrong with that at all.
However, I don't think I've ever understood how some guys "trash" their guns, with the exception of guys in the Military. ???
I mean, I've run AR's and handguns too, through some serious use, all day courses, etc, and I've rolled around in the dirt with them, etc. Not once have I ever come close to trashing a gun. Why? Well, it's simple. Because I chose not to beat my guns all up and trash them, and I still had just as fast performance times/scores/etc as the next guy.
Nothing wrong with trashing your gun, but some guys need to realize it's not necessary at all, and can be EASILY prevented IF you choose to do so.
In fact, from all my years experience, I have noticed one thing about guns that get "trashed". The vast majority of it comes NOT from shooting/use in the field. It comes from guys who slam their guns around in the back of their truck/etc.
I recently sold a $2500 Noveske AR10 build that was BRAND new/unfired.
The second I handed it to the buyer, he literally THREW it behind the seat in his single cab truck. It landed on top of a bottle jack, and a bunch of other tools. Keep in mind the gun was not in a case.
I literally saw it get beat up and DENTED (not just scratched) right then and there.
Nothing wrong with being rough with your weapon if that's your thing obviously.

motoman
03-07-09, 17:12
its a machine made by men. nothing is perfect

ST911
03-07-09, 19:07
Still waiting on a pic.

Razorhunter
03-07-09, 21:48
its a machine made by men. nothing is perfect

Totally ridiculous ignorant statement here. I have plenty of firearms, and plenty of AR/M4 firearm receivers that are perfectly finished.
Even if they are technically not microscopically "perfect", then we will define "perfect" as equalling NO VISIBLE SCRATCHES/DENTS/DINGS.
Very simple really, and VERY EASY to manufacture a "perfect" receiver, or most any firearm part.
It's not machining defects that cause 99% of these blems. It's the mis-handling of the receivers after the machining process.
As was stated above, I assure you that most of you would not buy a new car with visible paint scratches or body dents/dings.

bkb0000
03-07-09, 21:58
Totally ridiculous ignorant statement here. I have plenty of firearms, and plenty of AR/M4 firearm receivers that are perfectly finished.
Even if they are technically not microscopically "perfect", then we will define "perfect" as equalling NO VISIBLE SCRATCHES/DENTS/DINGS.
Very simple really, and VERY EASY to manufacture a "perfect" receiver, or most any firearm part.
It's not machining defects that cause 99% of these blems. It's the mis-handling of the receivers after the machining process.
As was stated above, I assure you that most of you would not buy a new car with visible paint scratches or body dents/dings.

i *might* have a problem if my brand new 6920 was missing anodize. we're not talking about dents, we're talking about forge flash. damaged paint on a car causes rust, forge flash causes nothing but stupid threads like this.

is your gun a status symbol or a tool? mines a tool, and, as i said, you'd have to be a total fag to return a hammer because of forge flash.

bigretic
03-07-09, 23:59
At this point....Colt seems like a status symbol...for a $1400 rifle....my SA M1A does just fine thank you.Seriously...does owning a Colt automatically make you a marksman...or a god?

bkb0000
03-08-09, 00:10
At this point....Colt seems like a status symbol...for a $1400 rifle....my SA M1A does just fine thank you.Seriously...does owning a Colt automatically make you a marksman...or a god?

to a guy who shoots at beer cans a couple times a year it probably seems that way.. to a higher caliber shooter, i.e. professionals, colt is just another quality rifle among others and doesn't attract any extra attention.

you're making something out of nothing.

bigretic
03-08-09, 01:32
to a guy who shoots at beer cans a couple times a year it probably seems that way.. to a higher caliber shooter, i.e. professionals, colt is just another quality rifle among others and doesn't attract any extra attention.

you're making something out of nothing.

Trust me....it's not me. 9 out of 10 Colt owners look down on EVERY other brand.Just look at the threads.My point is just because you own a Colt doesn't make you a marksman...or a god.Like I said before,in my opinion,the same money(my money) was spent on a more accurate,harder hitting firearm.That's all.If that's something out of nothing...hey...I can live with it.

bkb0000
03-08-09, 01:58
Trust me....it's not me. 9 out of 10 Colt owners look down on EVERY other brand.Just look at the threads.My point is just because you own a Colt doesn't make you a marksman...or a god.Like I said before,in my opinion,the same money(my money) was spent on a more accurate,harder hitting firearm.That's all.If that's something out of nothing...hey...I can live with it.

trust you? i know plenty of colt owners- none of them look down on my non-colt custom guns. nobody on here looks down on LMT or Noveske or BCM. nobody looks down on a sweet custom gun.

what am i supposed to trust you on? i dont know you or your experience. it's been my experience that people who have anything to say about colt just dont HAVE a lot of experience. dont even have enough experience to know what exactly IS so good about colt. who said a colt makes you a good shot? who said a colt makes you a "god?" you're saying it doesn't do these things as though people have said it does.

nobody's claiming colt makes you anything- and nobody is talking about accuracy or how "hard" it "hits." we're talking about reliability- which is the single most important factor for a fightin gun. who cares if it's only good for 2 MOA? 2 MOA is .08 MOBG. besides, i've seen plenty of colts do 1 MOA anyway.

ST911
03-08-09, 10:06
For a few hundred more for a Colt you should expect a properly and predictably manufactured and assembled gun. The end-user it's built for does not prioritize cosmetics.

The end-user most others are building for typically do.

They are what they are. Understand what you're buying. As always, caveat emptor.

My EDC 6920 came with a bunch of scratches and would be rejected by other. It looked worse after a few hours out the first day. If I sold it today, someone would pay me a few hundred more than I paid for it. Heck, it looks like someone will pay $50-$100 for the box.

Canonshooter
03-08-09, 10:11
Not all Colts are perfect.

Not all Bushmasters are junk.

The beauty of this forum is learning the things that can be wrong with a product out-of-the-box, and what can go wrong under hard use. This is good stuff to know, regardless of the brand one happens to own because it empowers informed decision making - both in buying new and upgrading what is already owned.

As previously mentioned, I wouldn't sweat the imperfect aesthetics - the attention to mechanical quality and reliable function is what you paid for. No SUR (Sport Utility Rifle) is going to win any beauty contests anyway.

Razorhunter
03-08-09, 10:57
i
you'd have to be a total fag to return a hammer because of forge flash.

Finally something we might agree on. However, this thread was not about hammers son. It was about receiver finish damage. I never mentioned hammers.

ST911
03-08-09, 11:43
A picture would be incredibly helpful.

Heavy Metal
03-08-09, 11:46
Finally something we might agree on. However, this thread was not about hammers son. It was about receiver finish damage. I never mentioned hammers.

Besides, AR Hammers are a cast part.

bkb0000
03-08-09, 15:22
i'm talking about the tool, not the AR part. high end framing hammers often have forge flash on the neck. you don't complain or return the hammer because of forge flash.

28_days
03-08-09, 17:54
I'm not sure why everyone is ganging on Paul, especially when he's absolutely right.

Take the C6 Corvette for example. Corvettes, much like Colts, are purchased for their reliability, performance, and history. A few years ago many customers complained, and successfully returned/exchanged their cars as they were having issues with the cars paint (orange peel). Long story short, the paint job was not befitting of a car that generally costs $50K+.

I agree, the AR is a tool, but if you're paying a premium you would expect a finish just as nice as that of the "low tier" manufacturers.

At the end of the day does it matter? Probably not, but people have expectations, and Colt shouldn't be an exception to this rule.

bkb0000
03-08-09, 18:10
this has gotten stupid. how can you compare a colt to a corvette? a corvette is not designed for abuse- a colt is. if you want to compare a colt to a car, you're gonna have to start looking at humvees.

When has colt ever claimed to produce rifles that look good? "Our rifles are not only deadly reliable, but stylish too!" If you're dissapointed that your colt has forge flash, all i can say is that i guess you should have done some research ahead of time. then you could have bought a rifle that spends more energy on finish than function.

g5m
03-08-09, 18:29
If possible, OP might post a photo so that the concern he has is better understood. Maybe it looks awful.

28_days
03-08-09, 19:22
this has gotten stupid. how can you compare a colt to a corvette? a corvette is not designed for abuse- a colt is. if you want to compare a colt to a car, you're gonna have to start looking at humvees.

When has colt ever claimed to produce rifles that look good? "Our rifles are not only deadly reliable, but stylish too!" If you're dissapointed that your colt has forge flash, all i can say is that i guess you should have done some research ahead of time. then you could have bought a rifle that spends more energy on finish than function.

You obviously know little to nothing about cars, so maybe that was a bad analogy.

FYI the whole line of LSx engines are incredibly heavy duty and can take as much abuse as you can throw at them. Last I heard Humvees (civi) are a joke, and get the walk around from the 20+ year old CJ jeeps at meets.

No one said they claimed they look good, but that doesn't give them an excuse to at least look on par with other top tier rifles. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, Paul is getting a little tag teamed here.

PS: if I were the OP I wouldn't think it's a huge deal, but I can understand spending ~$1300-1500 and being concerned about a flaw. That's a good sum of $.

ST911
03-08-09, 20:03
At the end of the day does it matter? Probably not, but people have expectations, and Colt shouldn't be an exception to this rule.

People are expecting something that isn't being marketed or sold.

bkb0000
03-08-09, 20:08
No one said they claimed they look good, but that doesn't give them an excuse to at least look on par with other top tier rifles.

oh... my... goodness... if by "top tier" you mean "tier 1" which means current DoD contract, then you're talking about these four manufacturers only:

Colt
LMT
Sabre
FN

You'll find forge flash and handling marks on all four of these rifles. They're battle weapons, and battle weapons are NOT known for good finish machining. This isn't some mystery, this isn't something that's not known and established... nobody with experience with tier 1 weapons confuses forge flash with poor quality. these rifles are intended to be thrown off the truck, spray painted, passed out to soldiers and slammed against rocks and dirt and brick and be abused. The TDP has no subsection for "appearance." They comply to DoD standards in every way. THATS why people want them. If you buy these guns, EXPECT to have forge flash.

QuickStrike
03-08-09, 20:23
oh... my... goodness... if by "top tier" you mean "tier 1" which means current DoD contract, then you're talking about these four manufacturers only:

Colt
LMT
Sabre
FN

You'll find forge flash and handling marks on all four of these rifles. They're battle weapons, and battle weapons are NOT known for good finish machining. This isn't some mystery, this isn't something that's not known and established... nobody with experience with tier 1 weapons confuses forge flash with poor quality. these rifles are intended to be thrown off the truck, spray painted, passed out to soldiers and slammed against rocks and dirt and brick and be abused. The TDP has no subsection for "appearance." They comply to DoD standards in every way. THATS why people want them. If you buy these guns, EXPECT to have forge flash.

Seriously, these are FIGHTING TOOLS. And it's pretty silly to compare their fit-n-finish to fancy cars that people drive around to show off in. :rolleyes:

If a weapon is reliable & durable, it's GOT DANG BOOTYFUL! :cool:

Razorhunter
03-08-09, 21:27
If it is ridiculous to compare a Colt to a Corvette, then it is DAMN SURE ridiculous to compare a Colt to a freaking FRAMING HAMMER? OMG now we are talking about framing hammers? FRAMING HAMMERS ARE MEANT to be trashed, and EVERYONE who owns one WILL beat it up!
NEWS FLASH gentlemen,
NOT everyone beats up their AR, and not everyone wants one that is already blem'd when they buy it! Even guys who DO beat up their AR's, sometimes want their new AR's to be nice and blem free.
Some guys want the blems on their AR's to be there ONLY because THEY put them there. NOT because Colt was too lazy to handle the receivers properly! Damn that's so simple to comprehend, I just cannot fathom some of the statements here.

I'll say it again for those who are slow to comprehend. The BOTTOM LINE is that everyone who buys a freaking framing hammer IS GOING TO BEAT IT UP AND BLEM IT. (and btw, I happen to own a contracting business, and I can go inside Home Depot and the majority of the hammers in there are NOT all blem'd up. They are nice and polished and have NO dents/dings/stratches on them.) I have more experience with hammers than most unfortunately LOL!
HOWEVER (this is a big however now, so proceed carefully gentlemen), NOT EVERYONE is going to beat up their new AR, and many people do NOT want a blem'd up AR from the beginning.
PERIOD. Potential AR buyers SHOULD be able to buy a Colt, sight unseen, and be guaranteed a good chance at a nice BLEM FREE AR. PERIOD.

Now you can argue all you want that people should already know that Colts are often blem'd up, and that is of course true, and fine. HOWEVER, we are not debating whether or not someone should know this already. We are debating whether or not Colt should ship blem'd AR's in the first place.

bkb0000
03-08-09, 21:33
If it is ridiculous to compare a Colt to a Corvette, then it is DAMN SURE ridiculous to compare a Colt to a freaking FRAMING HAMMER? OMG now we are talking about framing hammers? FRAMING HAMMERS ARE MEANT to be trashed, and EVERYONE who owns one WILL beat it up!
NEWS FLASH gentlemen,
NOT everyone beats up their AR, and not everyone wants one that is already blem'd when they buy it! Even guys who DO beat up their AR's, sometimes want their new AR's to be nice and blem free.
Some guys want the blems on their AR's to be there ONLY because THEY put them there. NOT because Colt was too lazy to handle the receivers properly! Damn that's so simple to comprehend, I just cannot fathom some of the statements here.

I'll say it again for those who are slow to comprehend. The BOTTOM LINE is that everyone who buys a freaking framing hammer IS GOING TO BEAT IT UP AND BLEM IT. (and btw, I happen to own a contracting business, and I can go inside Home Depot and the majority of the hammers in there are NOT all blem'd up. They are nice and polished and have NO dents/dings/stratches on them.) I have more experience with hammers than most unfortunately LOL!
HOWEVER (this is a big however now, so proceed carefully gentlemen), NOT EVERYONE is going to beat up their new AR, and many people do NOT want a blem'd up AR from the beginning.
PERIOD. Potential AR buyers SHOULD be able to buy a Colt, sight unseen, and be guaranteed a good chance at a nice BLEM FREE AR. PERIOD.

Now you can argue all you want that people should already know that Colts are often blem'd up, and that is of course true, and fine. HOWEVER, we are not debating whether or not someone should know this already. We are debating whether or not Colt should ship blem'd AR's in the first place.

then dont buy a ****in quality gun, they all have forge flash.

Razorhunter
03-08-09, 21:43
then dont buy a ****in quality gun, they all have forge flash.

Umm, EVERY Noveske, LMT and BCM I've owned were PERFECT to my standards. Even the DPMS, Bushys, and RRA's I have seen, have looked great too.
As stated, NO ONE HERE BUT YOU is worried about "forge flash".
Most here have been concerned about BLEMS such as scratches, dents/dings.

bkb0000
03-08-09, 21:45
You can wish Colt made "nice" receivers all you want, the fact of the matter is they dont.

So what's your point? That they "should?" Wish in one hand and shit in the other... see which fills up first. Colt and LMT don't care if you don't like their receivers.

So again, for clarity, what IS your point?

Razorhunter
03-09-09, 21:47
You can wish Colt made "nice" receivers all you want, the fact of the matter is they dont.

So what's your point? That they "should?" Wish in one hand and shit in the other... see which fills up first. Colt and LMT don't care if you don't like their receivers.

So again, for clarity, what IS your point?

I'm sorry you need more clarity, but then, we all know you got the point.

boganz45
03-09-09, 22:05
Pics?

NextGhost
03-09-09, 22:47
I agree with Paul. Also, some people seem to be under the impression that while in the military with an issued weapon you can wantonly abuse said weapon. In my experiences the weapons are not babied, but at the same time if seen bashing or throwing said weapon around, minimum punishment is getting dropped for a bit, maximum is being charged with article 108. I can't recall any finish issues with issued weapons other than the bbls not usually having much finish left due to cleaning chemical misadventures. Of course my issued weapon these days is an M9 so YMMV.

bkb0000
03-10-09, 00:51
I'm sorry you need more clarity, but then, we all know you got the point.

no, dude, i don't get the point. You and i apparently have such totally different personalities that we'll never appreciate each other's perspective.

if i want a nice rifle, i buy accordingly. if i want a battle rifle, i buy an LMT- knowing it'll come scratched and dented and have toolmarks and forge flash. Same as Colt. why is this my expectation, and why doesn't this bother me?

i wanted to build a "nice" gun for my wife- I got Sun Devil receivers. Why didn't I get Colt receivers?

rob_s
03-10-09, 03:43
This thread should be locked.

If you have a "fit and finish" bitch, you should be posting pictures of it so that others can make use of the thread. That way everyone else can asses the "problem" for themselves and decide for themselves if it's something that would affect their potential purchase. This thread is pointless without it.

CaptainDooley
03-10-09, 07:25
I agree with Rob, people have been asking for pictures for pages upon pages... with no response. Without them, we can talk in circles all we want, but it's kinda stupid and pointless since neither side is willing to understand the other's perspective...

MarkC
03-10-09, 08:26
does owning a Colt automatically make you a marksman...or a god?

No, no, I think you're confusing Colt with Glock.

:D

Jay Cunningham
03-10-09, 08:28
Enough.