PDA

View Full Version : DSA FN build upper question

hunterdl
12-16-06, 03:56
I have been looking at gettting a .308, either a BushMaster if you can find one buried somewhere or a DSA SA58TAC. Someone finally replied and has a DSA FN, but with a Imbel upper. Has anyone heard or seen these uppers?? I have been searching the web all night, etc without much luck. I did a search on Imbel on DSA's Weg page and I got one match, a Imbel Folding Stock Hinge Pin Button.

The rifle looks great and I don't want to lose this deal, but if the upper is questionable I would like to now. I can be reached at hunterdl2k@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Hunterdl

Alpha Sierra
12-16-06, 18:15
Thumbs up for Imbel. Brazil's FN Licensee and that country's supplier of FALs to the Brazilian armed forces.

TOrrock
12-16-06, 18:18
Remember that a FAL upper is the firearm, not the lower.

Imbel was a licensee of FN for FAL production. They picked up the contracts that FN let loose when FN stopped production of the FAL.

What kind of barrel is on it, who assembled it?

*edit*

DSA never sold Imbel upper receivers, as far as I know...but they did sell some FMDAP from Argentina, also military contractors for FN.

DSA makes their own receivers, using blue prints from Steyr and FN, and the receivers are forged. Absolutely top quality.

So, a "DSA Imbel" sounds like a contradiction.

GlockWRX
12-17-06, 17:20
I have been looking at gettting a .308, either a BushMaster if you can find one buried somewhere or a DSA SA58TAC.

If you are interested in the Bushmaster .308s, you might want to check out the Rock Rivers. I believe that RRA made them for BM, and continued to produce them under their own name when BM dropped the line.

I don't know if they are currently producing them, but you can check them out here....
http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=308A1295&storeid=1&image=r308mid1.gif&CFID=30648873&CFTOKEN=28382595

SuicideHz
12-17-06, 19:16
Bushmaster makes .308s for RRA? What the heck did I miss?

Alpha Sierra
12-17-06, 19:32
Bushmaster makes .308s for RRA? What the heck did I miss?
He actually said the opposite.

SuicideHz
12-18-06, 10:21
ah... Like Stickman says, I have reading comprehension problems.

So, RRA makes them for Bushy?

GlockWRX
12-18-06, 12:02
So, RRA makes them for Bushy?

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that RRA made the .308's exclusively for BM. For whatever reason (I think BM claimed slow sales) BM dropped the line. Rather than just scrap the tooling and design effort that went into them, RRA decided to market them under thier own name.

There is a short note on the RRA website that states they are going through a general redesign and should be re-released soon.