PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Tactical

USMC0351
03-06-09, 11:20
I ordered a Spikes Tactical stripped lower and am waiting to go pick it up. Anyone have any experience with these lowers? I have a couple items from Spikes and they all seem to be very high quality. This will be my first lower receiver build. I'm putting an 11.5" upper on it with a 5.5" permanently attached flash hider. Still haven't decided on a stock. Probably just going to use a M4 stock for now. I will be using mid-length 4 rail free floated handguards. I really like the RRA that is half rail and half smooth, but I might get a longer one to cover the front sight base.

Dave L.
03-06-09, 14:57
I ordered a Spikes Tactical stripped lower and am waiting to go pick it up. Anyone have any experience with these lowers? I have a couple items from Spikes and they all seem to be very high quality. This will be my first lower receiver build. I'm putting an 11.5" upper on it with a 5.5" permanently attached flash hider. Still haven't decided on a stock. Probably just going to use a M4 stock for now. I will be using mid-length 4 rail free floated handguards. I really like the RRA that is half rail and half smooth, but I might get a longer one to cover the front sight base.

I just ordered a Spikes "Pistol" marked lower. Never actually touched one, but I have never heard anything bad about them.

I don't want to muck up your thread, but why the 11.5" barrel and a 5.5" perm FH? Why not just get a 14.5" with perm FH? That setup has no tactical advantage or any performance advantage at all?
Like I said, I'm just curious why you would choose that barrel/FH combo; in the end it's your money.

MarshallDodge
03-06-09, 15:34
I have a couple that I purchased just before the election last year for future builds. Overall they have a nice finish and seem to be quality lowers.

I would buy another.

I don't want to muck up your thread, but why the 11.5" barrel and a 5.5" perm FH?
One of my uppers is setup that way. I built it because I liked the look of the old Colt Commando XM177 guns. It runs really fast with the shorter barrel but I am sure that it is beating the snot out of the bolt.

I have not shot it on paper to see how accurate it is but I can consistently hit the head of a steel IPSC target at 200 yards offhand.

USMC0351
03-06-09, 16:26
Well for one, I already have the upper. I was going to build a pistol but decided to go another direction.

jeffreywt
03-06-09, 18:10
I own a Spike's lower and it's just peachy. They have a nice, dark black color that matches my upper perfectly.

I also like the fact that Spike's is a small American business. If you call them, you will talk to a person that is involved with the entire operation, not just paid minimum wage to answer the phone.

It's hard to get a truly bad lower from most reputable sources but the above details makes me want to give my money to companies like Spike's.

Mr.Goodtimes
03-06-09, 20:14
i own a spikes upper and lower. everything ive purchased from them has been top notch. their lowers are very high quality.

Patrick Henry
03-06-09, 22:32
I purchased a Spike's stripped lower at the beginning of the year. It arrived with several pitting marks in the forging below the spider roll mark where you can't avoid seeing them. The worst part is that I am building the rifle for somebody else. :(

I e-mailed the company but didn't get a response and when I called I couldn't get through. Never heard anyone else have issues so I must have had bad luck.

sandman99and9
03-07-09, 07:35
I purchased a Spike's stripped lower at the beginning of the year. It arrived with several pitting marks in the forging below the spider roll mark where you can't avoid seeing them. The worst part is that I am building the rifle for somebody else. :(

I e-mailed the company but didn't get a response and when I called I couldn't get through. Never heard anyone else have issues so I must have had bad luck.

I am sure spikes will take care of any problems. Have some patience, since they had a rifle on a magazine cover a couple of months ago they have been busy as hell !! It's a small shop but they have been great with customer service.

Signel
03-07-09, 08:19
The spikes guy posts a lot on some other boards. He is always +1 about his customer service. He went so far as to say that he has hired a bunch of new folks to try and keep up with the demand, but it is rough.

He will go out of his way to make it right.. just get a hold of him.

Spikes-Rep
03-07-09, 15:01

Send it back, I have no problem getting you a replacement.

-Tom

Dave L.
03-07-09, 15:02
Well for one, I already have the upper. I was going to build a pistol but decided to go another direction.

Roger that, makes sense to me. ADCO, from what I hear, is one of the faster companies to pin your FH when you get a chance.

Post some pics if you can, after you get it running.

bkb0000
03-07-09, 16:22
Roger that, makes sense to me. ADCO, from what I hear, is one of the faster companies to pin your FH when you get a chance.

Post some pics if you can, after you get it running.

what's ADCO's website address? when i search for it all i get is miles of pages of praise for their work.. cant find them

Fireglock
03-07-09, 20:31
what's ADCO's website address? when i search for it all i get is miles of pages of praise for their work.. cant find them

Is this who you're looking for:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/

USMC0351
03-07-09, 20:47
Well I went with the Magpul MOE handguards and CAA stock, just to keep everything simple. I would also like to get the MBUS when they come out.

Patrick Henry
03-08-09, 15:58
Send it back, I have no problem getting you a replacement.

-Tom

Thanks, that is very kind of you. I would gladly exchange it if it was anything but a lower receiver.

Like I said before, I never heard of anyone else having a problem with your company's products.