PDA

View Full Version : funny factoid: SWHC & RGR

30 cal slut
03-06-09, 15:29
during yesterday's (3/5/09) stock market carnage, these two companies (S&W, Ruger) were the only stocks on the NYSE to make new (post-credit bubble crash) highs. this interesting development was not lost on some of the financial community.

i was looking at SWHC's year over year comps (% increase in sales) in their M&P 15 rifles ... it was something stupid like 400%+. and surprise surprise, they had a pretty beefy backlog. (see latest 10-Q filing).

i work in a small investment bank. apparently, some of our equity salesmen and institutional clients (hedge funds) are catching on to this SHTF thing. they're really scared. lol.

you know it's bad when a bunch of hedge funds are investing in guns (SWHC, RGR), gold (ETF: GLD), and alarm companies (TYC, CFL).

does anyone know if alliant techsystems produces ammo for the commercial market?

chadbag
03-06-09, 16:01
during yesterday's (3/5/09) stock market carnage, these two companies (S&W, Ruger) were the only stocks on the NYSE to make new (post-credit bubble crash) highs. this interesting development was not lost on some of the financial community.

i was looking at SWHC's year over year comps (% increase in sales) in their M&P 15 rifles ... it was something stupid like 400%+. and surprise surprise, they had a pretty beefy backlog. (see latest 10-Q filing).

i work in a small investment bank. apparently, some of our equity salesmen and institutional clients (hedge funds) are catching on to this SHTF thing. they're really scared. lol.

you know it's bad when a bunch of hedge funds are investing in guns (SWHC, RGR), gold (ETF: GLD), and alarm companies (TYC, CFL).

does anyone know if alliant techsystems produces ammo for the commercial market?

ATK?

Speer, Federal

30 cal slut
03-06-09, 16:06
thx! :p