PDA

View Full Version : Buis compatible with......

gogetal3
03-06-09, 18:45
a S&W M&P15 flat top and raised gas block thats even with the flattop. I'm running a VLTOR CASEV-EL, and an AIMpoint comp ML3 using a A.R.M.S # 17 mount. I transfered a YHM rear from my RRA to this rifle and need a front site still. Also needed is one that is compatible with the style of the VLTOR. The way it mounts around the gas block doesn't leave much room to fold a front site down unless it is mounted backwards. Anyhow, suggestions please on front sight compatible with the YHM and able to fold corectly

Boss302
03-06-09, 19:39
Your gas block is even with the flat-top? If that's the case, any rail mounted front flip-up should work.

gogetal3
03-06-09, 23:47
Your gas block is even with the flat-top? If that's the case, any rail mounted front flip-up should work.

thats what I assumed but the yhm I bought is toooo tall, and I can't get a cowitness, I even bought an MI front sight which I have yet to test.

Boss302
03-07-09, 00:08
For a rail mounted sight to work, the gas block needs to be level with the rear sight, which is not even with the flat top of the casv.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj113/tigerbait327/Guns/33a755cf.jpg
(The LT150 is no longer on the rifle, I have an LT152 in it's place.)

My rear sight is on the flat top of the upper receiver. I think your sights are being thrown off because your front sight is too high...does that make sense.

You want the gas block to be even with the flat-top of the receiver.

gogetal3
03-07-09, 06:54
makes perfect sense. That set up you have was the exact one I had on my RRA. On my M&P my gas block is even with the guns optic ready rail. my front sight is still too tall it seems. Ho do you like having your aim point mounted that high? I'm just using a mount thats low profile due to the riser on the CASEV-EL

Boss302
03-07-09, 23:36
makes perfect sense. That set up you have was the exact one I had on my RRA. On my M&P my gas block is even with the guns optic ready rail. my front sight is still too tall it seems. Ho do you like having your aim point mounted that high? I'm just using a mount thats low profile due to the riser on the CASEV-EL

I have the low-profile (LT152) larue mount on the rifle currently. The LT150 in the picture is performing duty on another gun now.