PDA

View Full Version : Well I bought a RRA and Bushnell Holo. Holo issues

1_click_off
03-06-09, 22:49
I have been researching for awhile. I know not everyone is a fan of RRA but this is just a toy for me. Got the A4 with colapsable (spelling) stock. I put a flip up rear and purchased a Bushnell Holo. When I turn the holo on it is not a super sharp image, and seems to get less defined the lower I turn it down. Is this normal or is the circle and dot supose to be super sharp with no pixelation? Did I get a defective unit? Is there a focus? or..... do I just need to spend the extra 150 for the EO-tech to get the sharp image? Plan to go shoot next weekend and need to know if I should try to swap it out before I shoot it.

Thanks

Alaskapopo
03-06-09, 22:51
I have been researching for awhile. I know not everyone is a fan of RRA but this is just a toy for me. Got the A4 with colapsable (spelling) stock. I put a flip up rear and purchased a Bushnell Halo. When I turn the halo on it is not a super sharp image, and seems to get less defined the lower I turn it down. Is this normal or is the circle and dot supose to be super sharp with no pixelation? Did I get a defective unit? Is there a focus? or..... do I just need to spend the extra 150 for the EO-tech to get the sharp image? Plan to go shoot next weekend and need to know if I should try to swap it out before I shoot it.

Thanks

That is normal. Its not going to be real sharp. It will be pixelated. Just the nature of the beast and its the same with the Eotech.
Pat

MisterWilson
03-06-09, 22:53
Any chance you have astigmatism?

1_click_off
03-06-09, 23:08
Any chance you have astigmatism?

no glasses, no contacts, and doc says i have 20/20.

steve-oh
03-06-09, 23:10
The dot in the middle should still be pretty clear though, 1 moa.

1_click_off
03-06-09, 23:19
The dot in the middle should still be pretty clear though, 1 moa.

Okay, think I got it figured out. I am trying to focus on the graphic and then the target. If I look at the target first and then put the dot on the target, it appears to be way sharper...... Like I said It's new, it's my first and guess it will take trial and error, and a little help for the experiance on this forum......

Thanks

CaptainDooley
03-07-09, 09:29
That would explain it... red dots (from what I've read) are designed for you to focus on the target (versus the front sight with irons)...

stipilot
03-07-09, 18:45
It's not a halo, it's a HOLOsight. Halo is a video game.

bkb0000
03-07-09, 18:50

peh. i'd rather be HALOing than playing Halo.

1_click_off
03-08-09, 11:47

Yep, that would make more since, holographic sight, so I guess it would be HOLO. As time goes on I'll quit sounding like the rookie I am...........

LonghunterCO
03-08-09, 13:34
Yep, that would make more since, holographic sight, so I guess it would be HOLO. As time goes on I'll quit sounding like the rookie I am...........

You will find that guys over here correct you, because if they made a mistake they would want you correct them. They don't do it show they know better or to rub it in on a rookie...unlike TOS. Welcome.

1_click_off
03-08-09, 15:08
You will find that guys over here correct you, because if they made a mistake they would want you correct them. They don't do it show they know better or to rub it in on a rookie...unlike TOS. Welcome.

Yeah, I noticed and apprciate it, rather make the lingo blunders here where I can get corrected and not pick up bad habits perfore I sound like a complete idiot on the range...... I'll take any constructive critizism..

hoodwink
03-08-09, 16:59
and just what would be TOS? :D

Alaskapopo
03-08-09, 21:50
and just what would be TOS? :D

The other site Ar15.com

SwatDawg15
03-09-09, 00:39

Not only that, Everyone here want the correct information being put out. Most of the guys feel that it is an injustice for someone to come here and read a thread that has false, or misguided information. I agree, and thats one reason why most of the threads here are full of good information. Alot of times we all hash it out until everyone see's it the same. There are some very educated dudes that hang here, and you can believe that before a thread goes to BFE, it will have the correct information. Never know when it will be brought back with a search.

TOS is way bigger, and alot of threads turn into pissin contests before a mod shuts them down. However the EE and the industry forums over there are good..

boganz45
03-09-09, 22:26
Not only that, Everyone here want the correct information being put out. Most of the guys feel that it is an injustice for someone to come here and read a thread that has false, or misguided information. I agree, and thats one reason why most of the threads here are full of good information. Alot of times we all hash it out until everyone see's it the same. There are some very educated dudes that hang here, and you can believe that before a thread goes to BFE, it will have the correct information. Never know when it will be brought back with a search.

TOS is way bigger, and alot of threads turn into pissin contests before a mod shuts them down. However the EE and the industry forums over there are good..

Both sites have their places and different positives / negatives. Glad to be on both!

Shihan
03-09-09, 22:58
Different people see things differently but if you like that type of sight I would return it and get the Eotech. There is a reason the Original Bushnell is cheaper.