PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy M&P backstraps?

theJanitor
03-07-09, 11:47
I can't find it on the S&W website, any leads to a place to buy the replaceable backstraps online?

HowardCohodas
03-07-09, 12:07
I can't find it on the S&W website, any leads to a place to buy the replaceable backstraps online?

You might try calling customer service. You might get what you need for free.

Mate
03-07-09, 13:17
What do you need? I'll send you one of mine if it's the right one.

theJanitor
03-07-09, 13:37
El Capitan, thanks for the generous offer. But i'm trying different stippling/texturing techniques so i'm going to order several and most likely screw them up. i wouldn't want to waste your good will on my experiments. thanks a bunch, though

Mate
03-07-09, 14:06
No problem. The offer stands for anyone needing a small backstrap. I've got the medium around here somewhere..

LonghunterCO
03-07-09, 16:25
I just did mine this wekend. It is not hard at all. I was using a Hobby Lobby woodburning set and it looks OK. I think that it will help out alot.
If you are trying to track some down because you are afraid of messing it up, I would not worry about it too much. Practice on one that you do not use before going on to the one you want to use.

Beat Trash
03-07-09, 20:03
I stippled mine when I first got issued the gun. Helps alot. I have an odd sized hand. The medium grip is a tad too small, the large, a tad too large. I took a wood rasp to a large grip and made a "medium large" size.

Call S&W customer service about getting the extra grips. Not a big deal.

Rayrevolver
03-07-09, 21:06
Behold!!!
http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/Default.aspx#S%26W%20back%20strap____-_1-2-4_8-16-32

I have seen them other places but Midway was the first place that comes to mind.

subzero
03-08-09, 06:46
Sharp shooter supply. Or Brownells. Both are good.

theJanitor
03-08-09, 13:13
I just did mine this wekend. It is not hard at all. I was using a Hobby Lobby woodburning set and it looks OK. I think that it will help out alot.
If you are trying to track some down because you are afraid of messing it up, I would not worry about it too much. Practice on one that you do not use before going on to the one you want to use.

i'm trying out different styles of texturing. i'm making one for EDC and one for USPSA competition, etc. i used up the other backstraps already.

theJanitor
03-08-09, 13:14
rayrevolver and subzero, thanks for the tips

subzero
03-08-09, 18:02
I got the name wrong. It's Speed Shooters Specialties.

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/catalog/search.php?submit=submit&categories=Smith+%26+Wesson+M%26P+9%2F40&subcategories=Miscellaneous+Parts