PDA

View Full Version : tri rail for AR fsb

mark5pt56
12-16-06, 13:18
What do you think of this? Gives someone who may not like a full rail the ability to mount a light or lights, bipod, sling.

Mark

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=22721&title=AR-15%2fM16+TRI-RAIL+ACCESSORY+MOUNT+WITH+SLING+SWIVEL

Add three, forward-mounted accessory rails and a multi-position, quick-detach sling swivel to your AR-15/M16 without permanent alterations to your rifle. Clamps securely around existing front sight housings with or without a bayonet lug. Push-button sling swivel can be repositioned quickly between six mounting holes, two per rail, for the ultimate in versatility. True, Picatinny cut allows mounting optics, lasers, lights, night vision gear, and a wide variety of other tactical accessories. Precision-machined from rugged, billet aluminum and hardcoat anodized for superior strength and wear resistance.

SPECS: Aluminum, hardcoat anodized, matte black finish. 1-11⁄16" (4.5cm) long, 2" (5.2cm) wide, 2" (5.2cm) high. Hardened-steel, Allen-head set screws included.

C4IGrant
12-16-06, 13:26
I'll be honest and say that I am against anything that puts pressure on the barrel or FSB. I especially don't like lights mounted on FSB as heat will transfer to the bulb (shortening its life).

So this device would be a no go for me.

C4

mark5pt56
12-16-06, 13:46
Grant, Just to endorse your weapon lights. I have a Wilson tri rail on my range beater gun and they work fine on it with heavy use, no issues.

Mark

C4IGrant
12-16-06, 15:20
Grant, Just to endorse your weapon lights. I have a Wilson tri rail on my range beater gun and they work fine on it with heavy use, no issues.

Mark

As it should! :D Bulbs get hot on there own and more heat doesn't help them out in any way.

C4