PDA

View Full Version : M4arc's M&P9 Range Report!

M4arc
12-16-06, 14:33
I have a running thread on mp-pistol.com but I thought I'd post here too just in case anyone is interested.

Make: Smith & Wesson
Model: M&P9
Caliber: 9mm
Serial #: MPH64##
Rev: N
Internal Lock: No
Mag Safety: No
Purchased: Bob's Gun Shop, Norfolk, VA
Price: $526 including tax, NICS, and one year range membership

I took my M&P out for the first time on Friday (last Friday) and to put it simply, I'm impressed! It fits my hand better than my Glocks and ran without a hitch. I ran the small back-strap but I might play around with the medium as well to see which one I like better. The controls were all easy to use and felt very natural. The gun points naturally and it took me a few magazines to get used to the trigger but overall I don't think it's too bad. I liked the stock sights and recoil felt very soft.

Here was the breakdown on the ammo I ran through it:

Independence 115gr FMJ - 50 rounds
Winchester WB 115gr FMJ - 50 rounds
American 115gr FMJ - 50 rounds
Remington 115gr JHP - 100 rounds
Winchester SXT 147gr JHP - 40 rounds

A total of 290 rounds without an issue which is what I expected. I'm heading to the range next Friday so I'll report back but so far I have a very favorable opinion of this new handgun!

M4arc
12-16-06, 14:37
I was able to skip out of work a little early this afternoon and hit the range with my M&P9. I was very impressed last week when I took it out for the first time and today was much of the same. I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted at the range but I spent enough to run the following through it:

Independence 115gr FMJ - 100 rounds
Winchester WB Value Pack (Wal-Mart) 115gr FMJ - 100 rounds
American 115gr FMJ - 50 rounds

Round count for the day was 250 which brings the total round count up to 540.

Since I plan on shooting it at the next Blackwater IPSA match I wanted to spend a little time doing reloads. Right off the bat I was slower than I am with my Glocks for some reason but I did pick it up a little bit towards the end. Also mine appears to be one of those M&Ps that when you slam the magazine home the slide closes. This is fine with me because my Glocks do it as well so I'm used to it and I work it to my advantage. However, slapping the magazine home was killing my hand by the end of the session. I don't know why because it's never bothered me before, maybe I'm getting old?

One more point I want to make; coming from Glocks I've rarely used the slide release, generally using the overhand method instead. Today I practiced both with the M&P and the slide release works quite nicely and is easy to manipulate. I did use the overhand method as well, being sure to mix it up, and I really like the aggressive slide serrations.

I'm still extremely impressed with this handgun at this point and plan to shoot it a lot over the holidays. Stand by for updates to this thread

M4arc
12-16-06, 14:38
Two quick items I noticed while cleaning my M&P9 this morning:

1) The front sight seems to have developed a dark spot, dead center, in the white. At first I though this was grim & gun powder but all of my attempts to clean it have failed. Upon close inspection it looks as though the paint is cracking. I'll keep my eye (no pun intended) on it.

2) The roll pins are not centered, both are shifted to the left. The rear is flush with the left side of the frame and the front is protruding out a millimeter or two. I'm not going to mess with them yet. I'll continue to monitor their position from now on.

Oh, I also installed the medium backstrap so I'll try it for the next range trip to see how I like compared to the small.

Yojimbo
12-16-06, 20:28
Thanks for sharing your experience with the M&P! I;m keeping a close watch on this pistol and I may own one in the near future.

A couple of things I'd like to see are some Warren Tactical sights for the M&P and some solid pins instead of those cheap roll pins that apparently can't stay put.

Robb Jensen
12-16-06, 20:48
Warren sight should be out very soon. I keep the pins from moving by totally degreasing them with BreakFree Carbon Blast and then reinstalling them. All four of my M&Ps have been taken completely apart by me. I don't know if the pins would move if I hadn't taken them apart. I'm a hell of a tinker'r so I can't stand not to F*** with stuff.;)

M4arc
12-16-06, 20:59
Thanks for sharing your experience with the M&P! I;m keeping a close watch on this pistol and I may own one in the near future.

A couple of things I'd like to see are some Warren Tactical sights for the M&P and some solid pins instead of those cheap roll pins that apparently can't stay put.

I'm not saying mine are moving around. I'll keep my eye on them and keep you all informed. Mr. Burwell informed me that mine appear to be normal.

My M&P is a Rev N

DrMark
12-16-06, 21:19
Thanks Marc... good report.

I look forward to updates.

Yojimbo
12-18-06, 15:42
Marc,

I wasn't meaning your pins were walking, sorry if it came out that way.

What I meant to say is that walking pins along with loose front sights seem to be some of the consistent issues I always see being mentioned about the M&P. In truth these issues should be easily fixed and oveall it looks like the M&P is an excellent handgun.

M4arc
12-18-06, 15:53
Marc,

I wasn't meaning your pins were walking, sorry if it came out that way.

What I meant to say is that walking pins along with loose front sights seem to be some of the consistent issues I always see being mentioned about the M&P. In truth these issues should be easily fixed and oveall it looks like the M&P is an excellent handgun.

Understood and I didn't mean to imply that you were implying...ah nevermind :D

I meant to say that I wasn't sure if mine were walking out. I just made note of it so that I will remember to check in future range visits. I did hear about the earlier problems and justed wanted to say that I'll keep my eye on it.

trio
12-21-06, 20:14
I finally got to shoot mine today and I am in love....

i have struggled and struggled to find a handgun outside of a 5" 1911 that I really truly enjoyed (partially because of diversity's sake, partially because my wife is small and struggles with the big guns, but mainly because a 43 oz 1911 (fully loaded) is just too damn heavy for me to carry)

but i think this is it...the gun feels great in my hand, points naturally, and I even like the trigger...

im debating whether or not I want to try out a 9mm compact

i am definitely buying the .45

M4arc
12-29-06, 17:07
Update: 12/20/06

I hit the outdoor range today and put another 350 rounds through the M&P. Here's the break down:

150 rounds WWB 115gr FMJ
100 rounds American 115gr FMJ
100 rounds of Independence 115gr FMJ

Which brings the cumulative round count up to 890.

I did experience a FTE. Basically the spent case remained in the chamber, the slide cycled and tried to feed a new round. This happened with WWB and after about 250 rounds fired. I did not experience any more failures after that one.

I did a lot of holster work today along with a lot of multiple steel targets, moving, and reloading and I'm not very happy with how I handle this handgun under a little bit of stress. The long and faint reset tripped me up for the most part and the "double reset" got me quite a few times. I'm not sure what to do about it at this point. I really didn't want to do any trigger work on it until I put a couple thousand through it but I might have to rethink that policy.

Bottom line for today is I don't shoot this as well as I do my Glocks under any kind of stress. And the drills we were doing today were mild and casual so I'm concerned that when the stress really spikes I'll be fumbling around with it. I was hoping to run this gun at BW in January but know I think I'll run my G19 instead and wait to run the M&P in February.

I might just be that I have far more experience with Glocks or it might be that trigger coming around to bite me in the a$$. I'll keep you all posted.

NOTE: The pins haven't moved but the front sight is getting worse. I'll try the paint trick after I get it cleaned up. Thanks for the tip.

ChrisG19
12-29-06, 20:06
The long and faint reset tripped me up for the most part and the "double reset" got me quite a few times. I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.

Dry practice. With an unloaded M&P, practice the trigger reset slowly and deliberately to build up your muscle memory. About 3000 reps should do it.

Chris

M4arc
12-30-06, 08:05
Dry practice. With an unloaded M&P, practice the trigger reset slowly and deliberately to build up your muscle memory. About 3000 reps should do it.

Chris

Hopefully. I still think a trigger job is in order.

A couple of other notes I forgot to add in yesterdays post: Mark5pt56 shot about half the rounds yesterday. In fact the FTE happened while he was shooting it. Most of you know his credentials so I'm convinced it wasn't shooter induced.

The other thing I noticed is how bad the mags get dinged up. I can't even imagine how many times my Glock mags hit the pavement, gravel and dirt but after years of being ejected, dropped and stepped on they aren't in as bad of shape as my new M&P mags are after just one day of drills. These M&P base plates are chipped and dinged up already. I'v read numerous reports of the base plates actually breaking so I'll continue to monitor them.

Robb Jensen
12-30-06, 12:06
M4arc,
My mags are getting pretty beat up too. The bases are cheap from Brownells but I haven't had to replace any of mine yet.

A trigger job will eliminate the short stroking of the trigger you are experiencing. It shortens the reset a lot. Mine resets as short as my STI does. Which is about 1/2 the distance a Glock resets in. Send yours to Dan Burwell for some trigger work, his turn around is VERY fast. I've had a few light strikes with Win value pack too. I'm thinking of trying a Wolff XP striker spring for a Glock in it to see if it'll go away. Winchester primers are fairly hard. I haven't had any problems using American Eagle (Federal primers). I did break a striker (mines a very early gun), I replaced it with a newer redesigned one and a newer sear housing and haven't had any further trouble.

Akoni
12-30-06, 12:53
You guys are killing me with all this M&P talk! If I do break down and get one (like Tuesday morning...;) ) what model number should I look for (no lock and no disco)? Does anyone know what the latest serial number prefixes are or latest revision and how do you tell you have the latest rev?

M4arc
12-30-06, 15:44
You guys are killing me with all this M&P talk! If I do break down and get one (like Tuesday morning...;) ) what model number should I look for (no lock and no disco)? Does anyone know what the latest serial number prefixes are or latest revision and how do you tell you have the latest rev?

The only model numbers available at this time are:

9mm
M&P9
M&P9c (compact)

40 S&W
M&P40
M&P40c (compact)

My serial number prefix is MPH and my rev is N as far as I've seen those are the latest. Of course you'll have to ask for one without the lock and mag safety. My local shop is stocking them so I walked right in and bought one without any waiting or special orders.

Voodoochild
12-30-06, 17:20
Funny how all this love for the new S&W M&P series has exploded. I know Spotsy county PD just ditched the SIG's in favor of the new M&P.

mark5pt56
12-30-06, 17:49
It did feel good in my hand, the medium backstrap was on first, then M4arc switched it out for the small one. I seemed to like the small one better myself.

I did notice the faint and longer reset, although it didn't bother me nor did I have any short stroking. I was also shooting my revolver and was tuned into the DA trigger, never had an issue when shooting the Glock and it at the same time.

When the fte occured, I just cleared it out and kept shooting. The new round was right up the old ones tail, the fired case never even cleared the chamber and I have no idea where the fired case went. If so, we might have been able to tell if it was the case, extractor, chamber, etc.

M4arc, I think I had loaded that mag, I'm not sure, but I did have some NATO ball. If so and the extractor spring is weak, you might have extractor jump. We can try some 127 +P+'s to see for sure;)

Overall, I don't see any reason for me to buy one. I just don't see any advantages right now. Nice shooter though.

Mark:cool:

militarymoron
01-03-07, 10:58
i was shopping around for an OD glock 34 in december, but decided to try out the M&P 9mm. i'm glad i did - i like it a lot - more than the two glocks i have.
i followed the dan burwell trigger job instructions and took a soldering iron to the grip. i found the small backstrap insert was most comfortable.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/militarymoron/mp.jpg

M4arc
01-03-07, 15:39
WOW!!! That is a beautiful picture!

I'm going to talk to Dan Burwell about doing a trigger job on mine but I'll just send him my M&P and let him do it. Was it a huge improvement?

militarymoron
01-03-07, 16:19
i got a pretty substantial improvement over the stock pull - but definitely not 1911- like. it can be a bit tricky to fine tune, even though the instructions are good. i'd recommending sending it in.

subzero
01-03-07, 16:33
WOW!!! That is a beautiful picture!

I'm going to talk to Dan Burwell about doing a trigger job on mine but I'll just send him my M&P and let him do it. Was it a huge improvement?

I did a basic version of the trigger job (polishing the spring loaded bearing and trigger bar) as I was a bit wary about taking off metal from the sear block. I thought it was a substantial improvement over stock. Chris said he thought it was better as well. Te only thing left to do now is to take some weight out of it, but I'd rather let a pro do that.

M4arc
01-03-07, 16:36
Thanks guys! I don't care about the weight but I would like to get rid of the double-reset and the make the real reset more positive.

VA_Dinger
01-03-07, 18:29
I'm going to have try out the small backstrap. I have not really messed with mine yet. I still need to buy more mags for it also.

M4arc
01-17-07, 15:00
Update: 1/17/2007

I didn’t have much time but I managed to sneak out the range during lunch this afternoon. Since I had my G19 with me well as my M&P9 I decided to run a little experiment. I shot both, side-by-side @ 15’. I put 50 rounds through each, alternating between the two and shooting 5 rounds at a time.

I found that I’m much more consistent with the M&P than I am with my G19. Keep in mind that I’ve been shooting GLOCKs for years. I’m not sure what that means other than I seem to shoot the M&P9 better even though I’ve only owned it for five weeks.

Recoil was noticeably less with the M&P and the grip was much more comfortable. Of course I already knew that but since I was shooting them side-by-side it was really brought to light.

I did try the Medium back strap again and I noticed a slight lose of accuracy. I saw a pattern of low and to the left…a pattern that resembles my GLOCK patterns. So I replaced the Small back strap back and I was consistently back in the black! It’s not that I find the medium uncomfortable but I think it has something to do with the distance to the trigger and where it naturally puts my finger on the trigger. I’m sure the ergonomics have some effect on how I pull the trigger as well.

Ammo was WWB from Wally World and I did not experience any failures with either gun.

Today’s Ammo
50 rounds WWB 115gr FMJ (Wal-Mart Value Pak)

Cumulative total as of 1/17/2007: 940

Final Note: I really like this gun…I don’t want to but I do.

Hawkeye
01-17-07, 15:53
Well crap. I was really hoping it would bomb on you or something.

GYates
01-17-07, 16:33
I just ran my new one today also. Not a single problem. I shot the piss out of it too. I think my front roll pin was backing out a little I just tapped it back in. I really dig this one. It's a little slick but I'm working on that. I think that S&W might have a winner here (finally). It was hard for me to put trust in S&W autos after the whole SIGMA thing. This one is slowly winning me over. I trust it enough to carry it on duty.

mark5pt56
01-17-07, 16:53
think it has something to do with the distance to the trigger and where it naturally puts my finger on the trigger

That would mean the trigger is being "pushed" to the rear, thus influencing the gun-left.

Mark

M4arc
01-17-07, 19:11
I just ran my new one today also. Not a single problem. I shot the piss out of it too. I think my front roll pin was backing out a little I just tapped it back in. I really dig this one. It's a little slick but I'm working on that. I think that S&W might have a winner here (finally). It was hard for me to put trust in S&W autos after the whole SIGMA thing. This one is slowly winning me over. I trust it enough to carry it on duty.

I commented in your thread on mp-pistol.com. :)

RAM Engineer
01-17-07, 20:55
M4arc, PM sent.

John_Wayne777
01-18-07, 08:36
I found that I’m much more consistent with the M&P than I am with my G19. Keep in mind that I’ve been shooting GLOCKs for years. I’m not sure what that means other than I seem to shoot the M&P9 better even though I’ve only owned it for five weeks.

I think it means that you have discovered one of my dislikes of the Glock platform:

the staple-gun like trigger.

http://www.arrowfastener.com/FMPro?-db=web.fp5&key=32888&-img

The Glock trigger stacks and stacks and then WHAM it feels like you break something and the gun goes off. (Which, incidentally, is exactly how the pictured staple-gun feels...) In dry-firing my very first Glock I noticed early that this disrupted the sights right at the moment when the striker hits the primer.

Combine that with ergonomics that may be fine for some people but that shred my hands, and my dislike of the Glock platform was inevitable. Shooting the Glock was work...I have to work harder to shoot a Glock well than any other handgun I have ever tried.

The only Glock I have any real fondness for is the G26. Its the most useful handgun Glock makes.

M4arc
06-02-07, 10:13
Thanks to Grant & GotM4 my M&P now has the new Trijicon night sights installed!

http://members.cox.net/mwinder3/images/MP1.JPG
http://members.cox.net/mwinder3/images/MP2.JPG
http://members.cox.net/mwinder3/images/MP3.JPG

I can hardly wait to get this bad boy back to the range! Next up is a new weapon light and then a set of the Crimson Trace Laser Grips when they're available this summer.

Dport
06-02-07, 10:21
I need info on those sights. Grant sells them? Or did GotM4 sell them and Grant installed them?

Anyway, I like the factory sights, so I want factory night sights. Nothing fancy, as I don't think it needs it.

M4arc
06-02-07, 10:42
Sorry. Grant's a Trijicon dealer so I bought them from him then shipped the sights and my slide to GotM4 for installation.

These are virtually identical to the factory nights sights.

Dport
06-02-07, 13:14
Oh Grant...how much for these old buddy?:D

Loner
06-03-07, 00:18
Grant do you sell just the tritium front?

SuicideHz
06-03-07, 01:32
Sorry. Grant's a Trijicon dealer so I bought them from him then shipped the sights and my slide to GotM4 for installation.

These are virtually identical to the factory nights sights.

Except I'm sure the rear dots aren't 2x as big as the front, right?

Robb Jensen
06-03-07, 05:07
Grant do you sell just the tritium front?

If Grant doesn't sell just the front sight you can get them at Speed Shooter Specialties (http://speedshooterspecialties.com/catalog/display.php?category=Smith+%26+Wesson+M%26P). They're also making magwells, mag extensions and a bunch of other M&P goodies which aren't on their website just yet.

Sadly since I don't have spare parts for my M&P9 I'll be shooting my Glock 17 at the VA/MD Sectional match today. I have pretty good confidence in the M&P but after breaking a striker and having a friend break one (both broke during dryfiring) I'm a little unsure to shoot it at a large match. When I get spare parts to keep in my range bag I'll go back to shooting it in competition again. S&W and Burwell believe that the dryfiring is breaking the striker, especially dryfiring to disassemble the pistol instead of using the internal yellow lever.

That said my M&P45 shoots damn well. I was shooting an IDPA target at 15yds and could keep all the rounds the -0 zone (torso) about as fast as I could see the sights drop back into it and pull the trigger. I did a mild trigger job on mine (4.75lbs) with a shorter reset. I put 100 rounds through it Friday night. I'm currently running my old 10-8 rear sight on it with a stock front. I'll be getting a .115" SSS fiber front. I compared the pistol directly against my G21SF and couldn't tell a perceivable difference in muzzle lift and recoil. My 21SF does have a tungsen guide rod an a OEM weight (17lb) ISMI recoil spring. I fired a friends NightHawk and it had more recoil that both the 21SF and M&P45. I also fired Looeys SA TRP Operator and it felt much like the M&P45. I do like the feel of the Glock 21SF a tiny bit better, this is probably comes from the 20yrs I've been shooting Glocks.

M4arc
06-03-07, 08:18
GotM4 - I have a good supply of spare parts on hand for my M&P but I don't have a spare striker assembly. Most of the stuff I've ordered straight from Brownells: trigger springs, pins, ejector, etc.

The last time I checked Brownells did have quite a bit of the parts on hand so now might be a good time to stock up!

RAM Engineer
06-03-07, 18:05
I have pretty good confidence in the M&P but after breaking a striker and having a friend break one (both broke during dryfiring) I'm a little unsure to shoot it at a large match. S&W and Burwell believe that the dryfiring is breaking the striker, especially dryfiring to disassemble the pistol instead of using the internal yellow lever.

Were the two broken strikers you are referring to made before or after the striker re-design? I was under the impression that this issue had been resolved.:confused:

Robb Jensen
06-03-07, 20:05
Were the two broken strikers you are referring to made before or after the striker re-design? I was under the impression that this issue had been resolved.:confused:

One before, one after.

S&Ws engineers idea of the 'fix' of earlier light strike problems was very flawed thinking. A heavier striker won't cure light strike problems, sure it'll hit slighter harder (more momentum BUT it's moving slower) but it won't go deeper into the primer. S&W just just made the striker longer at the tab that contacts the sear which pulls the striker a little more rearward as a result the striker is a tiny bit heavier. A longer firing pin with about .005" more firing pin protrusion combined with a lighter striker and/or stronger striker spring would have been a much better solution. These will be available in the aftermarket in about 6 weeks and will light off rifle primers reliably. These I'm sure will rebuild my confidence in the M&P. Until then I'm back to using a Glock 17 in IDPA SSP and USPSA Production.

Dport
06-03-07, 20:15
Are you dry-firing without snap-caps?

Robb Jensen
06-03-07, 20:36
Are you dry-firing without snap-caps?

I am with an M&P and Glock. With Glock it's never been a problem in 20yrs. I've worn out a striker in a Glock before but it took 20K plus rounds and probably a 500K+ dryfires.

Dport
06-04-07, 07:33
I am with an M&P and Glock. With Glock it's never been a problem in 20yrs. I've worn out a striker in a Glock before but it took 20K plus rounds and probably a 500K+ dryfires.

I don't with a Glock; however, since the M&P is not designed to be disassembled by dry-firing, I took that as an indication to use snap caps when dry-firing the M&P.

C4IGrant
06-04-07, 08:34
Oh Grant...how much for these old buddy?:D

LOL, for you? $500!

C4

Dport
06-04-07, 08:44
LOL, for you? $500!

C4

:eek:

ETA: Will you take an unendorsed third party check from a bank in South America?

Robb Jensen
06-04-07, 08:47
GotM4 - I have a good supply of spare parts on hand for my M&P but I don't have a spare striker assembly. Most of the stuff I've ordered straight from Brownells: trigger springs, pins, ejector, etc.

I have some spares. Which include a few trigger bar springs. A spare sear housing, sear spring and plunger, ejector. I have an OEM striker on the way. When the aftermarket .005" longer lighter strikers (machined tool steel not MIM) is available in about 6 weeks I'll return to shooting the M&P, until then it'll reside in the safe.

I don't with a Glock; however, since the M&P is not designed to be disassembled by dry-firing, I took that as an indication to use snap caps when dry-firing the M&P.

Early on S&W said the M&P could be dryfired w/o snap caps and that the pistol could be disassembled via the yellow internal lever or by dryfiring. They've since changed their advice about that.

QuietShootr
06-04-07, 15:00
Warren sight should be out very soon. I keep the pins from moving by totally degreasing them with BreakFree Carbon Blast and then reinstalling them. All four of my M&Ps have been taken completely apart by me. I don't know if the pins would move if I hadn't taken them apart. I'm a hell of a tinker'r so I can't stand not to F*** with stuff.;)

How about a complete detail strip guide??

John_Wayne777
06-04-07, 15:22
Amen to the detail strip guide....

And while you're at it, Robb, what replacement parts would you recommend that a recent M&P convert keep on hand if they are going to something like a training course, or for just to ensure every day functionality?

Robb Jensen
06-04-07, 15:24
How about a complete detail strip guide??

Here's the trigger job info from the Burwell site within the file it has how to disassemble the pistol all the way down. http://filesonly.com/download.php?id=4A2C2EDD

Here's the online file at Burwells site. http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

dialM4murder
06-27-07, 17:04
Yup, the M&P definitely rocks. Mine absorbs recoil superbly, and has been 100% out of the box. I prefer the feel of the large back strap. I wrestling with removing the beaver tail or not.

M4arc
07-01-07, 19:37
Update: 7/01/2007

It’s been two and a half months since the last time I made it to the range. I have to get out more!

I don’t have much to report other than my M&P ran like a champ and I REALLY like the Trijicon sights. They are a big improvement over the stock ones but I don’t know what is different…maybe the front sight is a little narrower?

Any way, va_dinger went as well and he brought his G19 and M&P9. I brought my brand new G26 and M&P9. Both of us were noticeably more accurate and faster with our M&Ps. What’s odd is that we both have tens of thousands of rounds through Glocks yet we can pick up the M&P and put more hits in the black, instantly.

As I mentioned above I had my brand new G26 with me and while it ran like a champ I wasn’t all that impressed with how I shot it. I was hitting low and sometimes, even when I was sure I did everything right, I was still throwing them around at random.

I almost wish I had picked up an M&P9c instead of the G26. I’ll admit that I was a little scared of the compact with all the mag drop & failure to feed issues being reported. But at this point I think it would be worth working out the bugs. On the ride home I thought about posting the G26 up for sale or trade so that I can score an M&P9c but I think I’ll hold onto it regardless and just save up for the M&P9c. I was planning on getting one towards the end of the year any way so the G26 really hasn’t interfered with that plan.

All in all the M&P continues to impress me and as much as I’ve tried to avoid it I think I’m done buying Glocks. However, I will add a couple more M&Ps to the stable.

Today’s Ammo
- 100 rounds WWB 115gr FMJ

Cumulative total as of 7/01/2007: 1240

dialM4murder
07-01-07, 20:02
Oh OK, your the same guy from the MP forums. cool. Glad your MP is running well. I cant hit the side of a barn with a GLOCK unless i really concentrate. The MP is very ergonomic and intuitive, making shooting it accurately a breeze. Similar in fact to Sigs.

mark5pt56
07-01-07, 20:07
I have cash homer!---:eek:

Where you using a timer and running specific drills to confirm? Get up with me and I can give you a sheet I made for basic drills. I have this saved as a word file. The "x drill" involves 3 and 8" dots, pick the order and number of shots you want to use.

SHOOTER - DATE-
LOCATION- WEATHER-
COMMENTS:

DRAW, ONE SHOT DISTANCE - TARGET -
#1- #2- #3- #4- #5-
#6- #7- #8- #9- #10-
COMMENTS:

BILL DRILL DISTANCE - TARGET -
#1- #2- #3- #4- #5-
COMMENTS:

RELOAD DRILL (DRAW, 1 SHOT, RELOAD, 1 SHOT
DISTANCE - TARGET -
#1- #2- #3- #4- #5-
COMMENTS:

X DRILL DISTANCE - TARGET (S) -
SHOOTING ORDER -
#1- #2- #3- #4- #5-
COMMENTS:

Update: 7/01/2007

It’s been two and a half months since the last time I made it to the range. I have to get out more!

I don’t have much to report other than my M&P ran like a champ and I REALLY like the Trijicon sights. They are a big improvement over the stock ones but I don’t know what is different…maybe the front sight is a littler narrower?

Any way, va_dinger went as well and he brought his G19 and M&P9. I brought my brand new G26 and M&P9. Both of us were noticeably more accurate and faster with our M&Ps. What’s odd is that we both have tens of thousands of rounds through Glocks yet we can pick up the M&P and put more hits in the black, instantly.

As I mentioned above I had my brand new G26 with me and while it ran like a champ I wasn’t all that impressed with how I shot it. I was hitting low and sometimes, even when I was sure I did everything right, I was still throwing them around at random.

I almost wish I had picked up an M&P9c instead of the G26. I’ll admit that I was a little scared of the compact with all the mag drop & failure to feed issues being reported. But at this point I think it would be worth working out the bugs. On the ride home I thought about posting the G26 up for sale or trade so that I can score an M&P9c but I think I’ll hold onto it regardless and just save up for the M&P9c. I was planning on getting one towards the end of the year any way so the G26 really hasn’t interfered with that plan.

All in all the M&P continues to impress me and as much as I’ve tried to avoid it I think I’m done buying Glocks. However, I will add a couple more M&Ps to the stable.

Today’s Ammo
- 100 rounds WWB 115gr FMJ

Cumulative total as of 7/01/2007: 1240

VA_Dinger
07-01-07, 20:20
Yeah, it was a decent short notice range trip. Marc shot very well as always after he got the cobwebs blown out.

IMO – The M&P is just hands down a more accurate handgun. Or maybe more to the point – it is easier to shoot accurately. The facts speak for themselves. I can shoot 500-700 rounds though my G19 over the course of a weekend; pick up my M&P 9mm Monday morning and instantly shoot better groups. This has happened to me several times now. At first I tried to just ignore it, like a fact you just don’t want to acknowledge but now I’ve had to face up and give the M&P it’s due.

It is an outstanding handgun. Smith & Wesson have hit a home run with the M&P designs.

JohnN
07-04-07, 00:21
Yeah, it was a decent short notice range trip. Marc shot very well as always after he got the cobwebs blown out.

IMO – The M&P is just hands down a more accurate handgun. Or maybe more to the point – it is easier to shoot accurately. The facts speak for themselves. I can shoot 500-700 rounds though my G19 over the course of a weekend; pick up my M&P 9mm Monday morning and instantly shoot better groups. This has happened to me several times now. At first I tried to just ignore it, like a fact you just don’t want to acknowledge but now I’ve had to face up and give the M&P it’s due.

It is an outstanding handgun. Smith & Wesson have hit a home run with the M&P designs.

I know exactly what you mean. I recently traded off a 19 with Big Dot sights because no matter how much I shot that gun the M&P9 proved to be much easier to shoot well. After several thousand rounds I feel very comfortable with the reliabity of this gun. Recently acquired a M&P45, after about 150 rounds it handles as well as the 9 IMHO.

dialM4murder
07-04-07, 01:37
Sending my M&P 9mm of to Dan Burwell. should look like this when done.....

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8774/picture005nz1.jpg

M4arc
07-04-07, 07:04
JohnN - It's good to know we're not alone in finding that the M&P is easier to shoot more accurately.

Dial - It looks good man and Burwell does outstanding work. I think dinger is sending his to him for a trigger job this week. Be sure to let us know what you think when you get it back. And yes I'm the same guy from mp-pistol.com ;)

Mark5pt56 - Send me the Word file any way. At the very least I can use it to practice with my M&P :D And I may have to think about the G26...I'll let you know.

Spooky130
08-26-07, 15:31
Sending my M&P 9mm of to Dan Burwell. should look like this when done.....

Did you get your pistol back? Any feedback on the new mods?

spooky

dialM4murder
08-26-07, 17:32
Did you get your pistol back? Any feedback on the new mods?

spooky

Slight delay in sending the gun in to Dan. Turns out these women creatures, when you marry them, they require money for maintenance and stuff. Who knew?!!

:D

John_Wayne777
08-26-07, 20:25
I got a chance to fondle an M&P9C and compare it to my G26....

It's definitely on the buy list now.

Hawkeye
08-26-07, 20:27
I got a chance to fondle an M&P9C and compare it to my G26....

It's definitely on the buy list now.

Wait until you shoot one.

powderkeg45
08-30-07, 23:36
Any civvies out there been able to get a m&p without the magazine safety or the int. lock?

NCPatrolAR
08-31-07, 02:03
Any civvies out there been able to get a m&p without the magazine safety or the int. lock?

Shouldnt be a problem for anyone. I bought a MP45 several weeks ago from a non-LE dealer and it came without the magazine disconnect or internal lock. My MP9 came from a different non-LE dealer and didnt have either options. My MP40 came from a LE dealer with the mag disconnect in it.

Spooky130
08-31-07, 11:41

I just picked one up off Gunbroker the other day. $450 with 3 mags and the SW holster and mag holder by BladeTech....

Spooky

M4arc
11-04-07, 08:06
Update: 11/04/2007

It's been so long since the last time I was able to get to the range that I wasn't sure this thread was still available :?

Regardless I finally had a free morning so I got up early and hit the range with my M&P9 and my G19. The reason I took my G19 is I installed a pair of Crimson Trace grips and I wanted to verify that they were sighted in. As usual the M&P was flawless and I experienced no malfunctions using Remington UMC or WWB. I ran 100 rounds through each, often mag for mag, at 5-7, 15 and 25 yards. At 5-7 yards there was no difference in accuracy between the two. At 15 it became noticeable that I was more accurate with the M&P and at 25 it was no contest; the M&P was superior at this distance for me.

I think that some of that might be due to the sights I have on my G19. I have Mepros installed and they are wider and the inserts are bigger. In contrast the Trijicon front sight on my M&P is narrower and the insert is smaller. I think this allows me to get a clearer sight picture. It also allows me to pick it up quicker.

I did notice a difference in the recoil between the two. I know I've said before that the M&P9 is very soft on the recoil but next to the G19 it does feel a tad heavier. The reason I say heavier is because the slide feels heavier during recoil. It doesn't bother me and it's still soft compared to most but since I was focused on it I noticed it. Of course after a mag or two this seemed to melt away. I was most noticeable when shot immediately after the G19.

A quick word on the Crimson Trace grips: I can't wait to get a set for my M&P. The big reason is the on/off switch. The Glock does not have this so it's annoying as hell having it come on every time you grip the gun. In low or no light they are awesome but for normal shooting like this morning they don't do much and having them on wasn't a benefit.

Overall I think it's time to sell a couple of my Glocks and pick up a M&P9c and an M&P45. I'm hooked and as soon as I get my Crimson Trace grips my full size 9mm will replace my G17 as the nightstand gun. 8)

Today’s Ammo
- 50 rounds WWB 115gr FMJ
- 50 rounds Remington UMC 115gr FMJ

Cumulative total as of 11/04/2007: 1340

C4IGrant
11-04-07, 11:44
I have the M&P CT grips in stock! ;)

C4

M4arc
11-04-07, 13:53

C4

Don't tease me! I just sent you a check on Friday so as soon as the sting of that one wears off we'll talk about the CT grips ;)

Dport
11-04-07, 15:17

C4

But not on the website.:confused:

C4IGrant
11-04-07, 15:21
But not on the website.:confused:

That is correct as we just got them in.

Most of the "really cool" stuff we sell never makes it to the site. ;)

C4

M4arc
11-25-07, 08:11
Update: 11/25/2007

I managed to get some range time in this morning before the wife and kids woke up!

Mark5pt56, DrMark and I met at the range @ 0600 to put some rounds through the M&Ps. Between the three of us we probably shot close to 600 rounds through our full sized M&P9s. No one experienced any issues and it was fairly boring as terms of reliability and accuracy goes...just the way I like it!

Today was one of the first times I've taken my M&P to the range by itself. Usually I alway have at least one Glock with me; either my G19 or my G26. I'm really starting to trust this thing and I think it's about time to get a compact for concealed carry.

I wish I had more time to send more rounds down range but with everything going on this weekend I was lucky to get out even for a little bit. I'll clean my M&P up and get ready for the next range trip.

Today’s Ammo
- 180 rounds WWB 115gr FMJ

Cumulative total as of 11/25/2007: 1520

mark5pt56
11-25-07, 08:59
Great trip, early! It's nice getting out to shoot with the local's The M&P's are a blast!

Did you clean that thing yet mister?

I had the wife shooting the G17 yesterday, next time I'll have her try the M&P. That could be a plan to get another!

DrMark
11-25-07, 14:54
Good stuff! Fun time shooting, guys.

Of 200 rounds of 9mm WWB, 50 went thru the G17 and 150 thru the M&P9.

I've had the Glock much longer, but I think I can hit with the M&P a little better. Yeah, the triggers are different (in takeup, break, and reset) but I don't have too much difficulty switching between the two.

M4arc
12-16-07, 10:35
Update: 12/16/2007

I’ve owned my M&P9 for just a little over a year now. This time last year I took my new M&P to the range for the first time and I started this thread as a way to keep track of my experiences and opinions because so often our impressions change over time and with more exposure to a product. The M&P was intriguing because of several factors like replaceable back straps, reversible magazine catch, ambi-slide release, and American made.

I also wanted to keep track of my progress, report any issues (and their resolutions if need be) and try and articulate any comparisons I made between the M&P and my old trusty Glocks. I don’t want to be that guy that simply states, “I ran a magazine through one and I’ll be sticking with my Glock.” I wanted to keep track of everything so that in the end I could look back and say I gave the M&P a fair evaluation. Hopefully by sharing my experiences other shooters could compare their experiences or if someone was on the fence and couldn’t afford both maybe I could help them make that decision.

Any way today was a great day at the range. A bunch of the local guys decided to meet at the range this morning to put our M&Ps through their paces. Mark5pt56, DrMark, va_dinger, subzero and I arrived at the range early enough to have the whole place to ourselves and collectively brought six M&Ps. We had five M&P9s and one M&P45. We probably shot around 1000-1300 rounds between the five of us in the course of approximately two hours. During that time we compared the trigger pulls and some new back straps that subzero made for us.

Just about all the trigger pulls including mine weighed in around 6.5 pounds on average. Va_dinger’s was gently massaged by Chris914 and his came in at 5lbs 11oz. Subzero’s M&P9 was a little lower than that. I don’t think 6.5 is bad for a bone stock trigger and I’m still undecided as to whether or not I’ll send my off at some point. Of course I could ask Chris914 to clean mine up a bit.

Subzero arrived with several back straps that included a fish scale pattern and a unique half-half texturing. The pictures can explain it way better than I can. I can only tell you that I really liked the one I was running. It was aggressive enough to lock the gun in place but it still didn’t tear my hands up. For more detail look HERE (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9692)

Mark5pt56 made some grip tape that you can see in the first picture. I didn't get to test drive them but a couple of the others said they were nice and they made a difference.

I was very excited to try the M&P45 and I was impressed with how smooth it shot and how little recoil it has. I only put 20 rounds through it so it wasn’t much of benchmark but I think I’ll end up with one eventually. It does feel a bit bigger even with the small back strap installed. But it didn’t seem to effect my ability to shoot it accurately

All six of the M&Ps performed flawlessly. In fact va_dinger made a comment that he’s never seen one fail in all the times he’s been to the range or in a training class.

So after a year of owning one I think I can say it’s a keeper. Not only is it a keeper but I think I’ll pick up a compact soon as well as another full size 9mm and eventually a 45. I really think S&W has a winner here and while I don’t plan on selling off all my Glocks I think a couple are on the chopping block

Today’s Ammo
- 200 rounds WWB 115gr FMJ
- 20 rounds of Winchester SXT 147gr JHP

Cumulative total as of 12/16/2007: 1740

I’ve decided to add some M&P porn for your viewing pleasure as well. Enjoy!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/mp4.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/mp3.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/mp2.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/mp1.jpg

Here are a few close ups of Subzero's texturing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/mark5pt56/100_2501.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/mark5pt56/100_2502.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/mark5pt56/100_2503.jpg

mark5pt56
12-16-07, 12:12
Excellent!Getting some more time with the 10-8 rear and standard front seems to be working out pretty good. Clean picture and easy to pick up for rapids. I used the small piece of no skid on the front strap and really like that. I was goofing around yesterday and cut the three shapes. The mid sized one, although not even is nick named "the maxxipad" Wife wondered what I was laughing about as I cut it.

I had to throw that tan insert in there for Hawkeye, and it's not paint!

The fun part was the trip back and Dinger picked up an issue of SWAT.

Mark

Hawkeye
12-16-07, 13:06
Glad to see your liking the 10-8 rear with the factory front Mark. I'm finding that I really like that setup on mine. As for the tan piece..... it was definitely not missed. Do I take it that someone has picked up a FDE 45?? :D

Marc, you might was well just face it...... ;)

M4arc
12-16-07, 13:30
No body has a FDE 45 so I don't know where that came from. I just remember someone saying that we had to put it in the picture just for you :D

Hawkeye
12-16-07, 13:42
Then thats just wrong. :mad:

So what, a FDE grip piece was just laying around on the floor somewhere???

mark5pt56
12-16-07, 13:44
It came from a buddy who has one. I should've given it to Subzero to slim down and Fish Scale. I was over to his house having court with the other members and saw his FDE .45 with the black insert. He said he uses the FDE insert on his black 9mm. And Hawkeye, you were the first person I thought of. So I got the large insert from him knowing that you would be breaking out the Krylon can------

After shooting a buddy's P30 the other day has me rethinking this M&P thing.

Hawkeye
12-16-07, 13:46
It came from a buddy who has one. I should've given it to Subzero to slim down and Fish Scale.

After shooting a buddy's P30 the other day has me rethinking this M&P thing.

Gotcha on the grip piece. Bunch of comedians I see. :rolleyes: :D

Why so with the P30?

mark5pt56
12-16-07, 13:47
Then thats just wrong. :mad:

So what, a FDE grip piece was just laying around on the floor somewhere???

yup, ;)

DrMark
12-16-07, 14:12
It was good shooting with everyone!

Those M&Ps sure shoot sweet, including the 45 that I put a few rounds through. I think they'll serve us well until we all switch over to the HK P30, once the P30 is more readily available.

Anyway, as M4arc said, no failures with the pistols. I blacked out the dots on my rear sight, and I like that better. Still, I'll probably try another rear sight (10-8 maybe?) sometime.

BTW, nice action photography M4arc!

http://members.cox.net/drmark/Dinger.jpg

M4arc
12-16-07, 14:24
ROFL :D

mark5pt56
12-16-07, 14:31
Anyway, as M4arc said, no failures with the pistols. I blacked out the dots on my rear sight, and I like that better. Still, I'll probably try another rear sight (10-8 maybe?) sometime.

Hey, if I'd known, you could've tried mine.

When I decide on the .45 thing, it may be the P45, no sense in sinking the money into an M&P then having to sell it for the HK.

M4arc, where's my Rock star pic?

VA_Dinger
12-16-07, 15:36
It was a fun range trip; it seems I've had some good luck with range trips over the past few days. I also got in some great practice time.

As always my M&P 9mm served me well with no issues. It was also nice to get in a few rounds with the M&P45. This was the first time I've gotten the chance to shoot one. I found it very impressive to the say the least. Being a long time 1911 guy I especially liked having the manual safety. Although it is nowhere near as user friendly as a tuned 1911 manual safety I still found it reassuring to have one.

Now I’ve got more to think about before I buy a new .45 pistol. As of now I’m still set on an HK45, but it’s close.

Grant's going to like the picture - I'm wearing one of the original G&R hats from 4-5 years ago. That’s back when he was running his business out of the trunk of his car (POS 1974 sky-blue Chevy Nova). :D

DrMark
12-16-07, 17:34
Hey, if I'd known, you could've tried mine.

Oh yeah... in the back of my mind I knew you had a different rear sight. It didn't occur to me to check it out.

I did look at subzero's Warren (I think) sight.

subzero
12-16-07, 19:49
Good to see everyone again.

Yes, I had a Warren rear on my 9. I'm coming around to liking it, but would still prefer a serrated rear.

Chris' 45, while still having a heavy trigger, is almost scary accurate. I put 20 rds at 10 yds into one one inch hole. I couldn't believe it after one magazine, so I decided a second would be the acid test!

He's probably on his way back up to VA as I write this, so I'm going to smooth it out for him as a welcome home gift. Better get crackin!

VA_Dinger
01-01-08, 08:42
One thing I have noticed is that my well-worn G19 w/ 3.5lb. connector has a far better trigger than my M&P 9mm. It’s very noticeable to me during dry fire practice.

Hawkeye
01-01-08, 09:08
But do you notice it during live fire....

Boss Hogg
01-01-08, 11:22
One thing I have noticed is that my well-worn G19 w/ 3.5lb. connector has a far better trigger than my M&P 9mm. It’s very noticeable to me during dry fire practice.

I was just about to post on this. I initially liked my M&P 9mm until most of my shots started breaking right (I'm right-handed). When I dry fire my G19 with 3.5# connector, and then switch to my stock M&P, the trigger is so heavy that the torque causes the muzzle to cant ever so slightly right. I'm really trying to focus on "pressing" the trigger and not "squeezing" it.

I'm hoping that a Burwell trigger job can rectify this. Until then, I am going to view the M&P platform as inferior to the Glock.

What was Smith's logic behind an articulating trigger?

DrMark
01-01-08, 11:36
I was just about to post on this. I initially liked my M&P 9mm until most of my shots started breaking right (I'm right-handed). When I dry fire my G19 with 3.5# connector, and then switch to my stock M&P, the trigger is so heavy that the torque causes the muzzle to cant ever so slightly right. I'm really trying to focus on "pressing" the trigger and not "squeezing" it.

I'm hoping that a Burwell trigger job can rectify this. Until then, I am going to view the M&P platform as inferior to the Glock.

The M&P is inferior to the Glock because its unmodified trigger is heavier than the modified (lightened) pull on you Glock? I cannot swallow that.

On our recent range day, as earlier mentioned, the stock M&Ps were all around 6.5 lbs. My stock G17 (when it had only a couple hundred rounds through it) measured about 8 lbs (that's with the 5 lb connector).

I'm a little more accurate with the M&P.

Of course, pull weights are only one aspect to the quality of a trigger pull, and people's preferences vary...

dubb-1
01-01-08, 11:51
I absolutely hate the trigger design of the M&P. IMO the thought of a hinge in the middle of the trigger is ridiculous. Unfortunately, at this time, it is the best option my Sheriff approves, so...

mark5pt56
01-01-08, 12:25

What was Smith's logic behind an articulating trigger?

Press, sqeeze, pull, push. I wouldn't get hung up on the squeeze and press. Typically people will influence the gun by either(righty's) pushing(to little finger) pulling(to much finger) try to find that happy spot with finger contact on the trigger to avoid that. Also, check wrist lock on both, if you put uncontrolled pressure on the trigger, you may cause some wrist cant, in any direction.

My guess on the trigger design is to avoid any resemblance to the Glock and avoid potential legal issues.

Boss Hogg
01-01-08, 13:08
Good points, but would we agree that it's better to stick to, and master, one system (Sig, 1911, Glock, M&P, Makarov :o ) than being mediocre across all of them? I got a great trigger in a G17 I got from GotM4's shop. Not all OEM Glock triggers are great. I got a suboptimal OEM M&P trigger. That's life.

What I'm trying to say is I see no point in paying hundreds of dollars in ammunition and range time to "master" the M&P when I have already gotten proficient with Glock. Both are damn good handguns. Like what you shoot, shoot what you like. I've been shooting a G19 for 13 years, so that's what I'm used to.

What one shooter deems as superior vs. inferior in a pistol will differ. We'll see what a trigger job does to my impression of the M&P.

mark5pt56
01-01-08, 13:39
I can agree with that. Both are good pieces, it's preferrence.

M4arc
01-01-08, 18:39
The trigger on my G17 is VERY nice compared to my M&P as well. Yesterday I took Paul's G19 down to the slide and frame, cleaned everything and installed a 3.5 lb connector and that thing is as smooth as a babies bottom.

M4arc
01-06-08, 09:30
Update: 01/06/2008

A quick update today; va_dinger, DrMark and I hit the range early for another M&P love fest 8)

Actually it wasn't a complete M&P session because I brought along my newest G19 as well. The G19 was purchased used as a little Christmas present to myself and I broke it down, cleaned it and installed a #3.5 connector. This brought the trigger pull down to 5.5lbs which is about a pound less than my M&P. It really showed up in my shooting as I was able to shoot this G19 about as accurately as I do my M&P9!

I'm still running stock sights on that G19 but after my Trijicons arrive I plan on doing a little head-to-head shoot off between the two :D

Today’s Ammo
- 100 rounds Remington UMC 115gr FMJ
- 20 rounds of Hornady 124gr TAP FPD

Cumulative total as of 01/06/2008: 1860

Robb Jensen
01-06-08, 09:35
Cool. You should try a set of Warren night sights. You can get them with 2-dot (straight eight style) or 3-dot. Both models have yellow rears w/o the white outline.

I prefer plain black Warren rear sights with a night sight front, for me it seem to draw my eye to the front sight faster. I have this set-up on my G17 and G30 now.

M4arc
01-06-08, 09:45
Cool. You should try a set of Warren night sights. You can get them with 2-dot (straight eight style) or 3-dot. Both models have yellow rears w/o the white outline.

I prefer plain black Warren rear sights with a night sight front, for me it seem to draw my eye to the front sight faster. I have this set-up on my G17 and G30 now.

I already ordered Trijicons so you'll be seeing my slide shortly ;) :D

DrMark
01-06-08, 14:58
I don't have as many rounds through mine as M4arc does, but this morning's session did push the total to around 1000 rounds... not the first hint of a problem.

gotm4 - you definately have me considering some different rear sight options...

(m4arc - update your "cumulative total" date)

M4arc
03-29-08, 08:17
Update: 03/29/2008

Va_dinger and I hit the range early this morning and put some more rounds through the M&Ps. I also shot my G19 because I wanted to try out my new threaded Lone Wolf barrel.

We wanted to make sure the Crimson Trace grips where dialed in at 50ft but I grabbed the wrong box. I brought the box for my Glock grips and apparently the allen screws are a different size. :(

But, just like every other time I shoot the M&P I realize that for me the M&P is easier to shoot more accurately. Va_dinger was able to articulate that and its true for me. Since I don't get to the range that often because everyday life keeps getting in the way it's easier for me to pick up an M&P and shoot it well. Better than my G19 or G17 given the same lack of practice.

Today’s Ammo
- 100 rounds Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ

Cumulative total as of 03/29/2008: 1960

C-Fish
04-12-08, 22:04
I received my M&P 9mm yesterday afternoon. Bud's Gun Shop $439 delivered + $15 transfer.

I immediately headed out to the range this morning for some fun...

I have to say, I'm quite impressed with it thus far. 234 rounds with only one FTE. The round didn't eject all the way and locked the slide (I had to eject the mag, cycle to clear).

I used the medium and large backstraps, I think I've settled on the large as my preference (I wish someone made an after market backstrap to mimic a Glock's point angle).

I sent out my rebate form this morning and am looking forward to getting the $50 and extra mags.

I will be changing out the rear sight as I don't like the picture. I am looking at the various vendors now and will decide in the coming weeks.

The biggest issue for me is (was) the tip of the M&P trigger (little hump), my finger is still sore from todays shooting, I remedied this evening with some sandpaper, I also polished the the trigger guard as the seam was a little rough...

All in all I like the pistol (even though it wont replace my Glocks) and look forward to getting more comfortable with it...