PDA

View Full Version : Magpul M93 Striker Plate and Rubber Butt Pad?

Glockster35
12-16-06, 17:43
I just got one of the MagPul M93 stocks. I believe it to be a pre-B model. It does not have the metal attachments for the side sling. I couldn't be happier so far.

Anyone know who has the Striker Plate and Rubber Butt pad in stock? (I have ordered the buttpad from MagPul)

What are the downfalls of this stock, I realize MagPul pulled them from the market in anticipation of the UBR. Was there a reason for this?

I have also heard MagPul may also be offering a trade in for the M93 stocks, and crediting the amount for the UBR. Anyone been able to confirm this?

baffle Stack
12-16-06, 18:46
I just got one of the MagPul M93 stocks. I believe it to be a pre-B model. It does not have the metal attachments for the side sling. I couldn't be happier so far.

Anyone know who has the Striker Plate and Rubber Butt pad in stock?

I’m on the wait list for the rubber butt pad. They are available on their site. I don’t know about the strike plate though Buttpads should be available in January I believe. Be warned that you will have to drill an additional hole in the stock to get the buttpad on.

What are the downfalls of this stock, I realize MagPul pulled them from the market in anticipation of the UBR. Was there a reason for this?

The one thing I really don’t like about it is that the 2 little buttons on the side are a bitch to engage, making removing the stock from the tube and skipping over the preset slow. Richard Fitzpatrick (owner of Magpul) stated that the reason for pulling the M93 stocks was do to the high cost and time consumingosity(yeah I made that word up ;) ) of manufacturing the M9 receiver extension. He also stated that it was his 1st try at making a stock, and that it came out as nice as it did was kind of a fluke. I’m paraphrasing of coarse. He put it much more eloquently. The UBR is supposed to be leaps and bounds above the M93. Which is saying a lot to me because to me the M93 is easily the best stock on the market today.

Did you get the single point sling attachment? I just installed mine this morning.:D It works pretty good

I have also heard MagPul may also be offering a trade in for the M93 stocks, and criditing the amount for the UBR. Anyone been able to confirm this?

I too have heard this. They did it with the M93B so I’m confident it is true. Enjoy you stock. I really like mine.

baffle Stack
12-16-06, 18:55
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=300107

I see you've seen this tread:D

Glockster35
12-16-06, 19:50
Yeah, that's me...

I ordered the buttpad from Magpul earlier...but I still havenb't found the Striker Plate.

I am not an AR guru, but I really do like this stock. It seems to be very well built, and I couldn't be happier.

I am hoping to be shooting with it by Wednesday...

NickB
12-16-06, 22:44
If you have a pre-M93B model, the butt pad install is going to be a bit tricky. We wrote the instructions for the B install last week, but don't address installation the M93A. You can install it the same way, but you won't be able to fully collapse the stock. I've been told it is possible to install the pad on the A so the stock will fully collapse, but it requires some additional gunsmithing.

With regards to the strike plate, I have to claim ignorance. I'm fairly new to the company, so you may want to call Drake on Monday and ask him - 1.877.4MAGPUL.

PM me if you'd like a digital copy of the install instructions. They will be included in the packaging of the butt pad as well.

Glockster35
12-17-06, 08:42
NickB,

Thanks for posting, your company has thus far been outstanding to deal with. I will be contacting Drake, but it won't be on Monday.

Thanks again!

Glockster35
12-18-06, 19:23
All, I have found the Striker Plates at The Malabar Front (http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_9&products_id=1037)

If you hurry, they are $24.95. He knows he is one of the last one's to have any, and his price is probably going to go up!

Mine has been ordered!

sns3guppy
12-20-06, 16:35
I think it's a shame to stop producing the 93B. I have one, will probably get another before they're gone for my next AR...and I think they're great. I'm sitting in the desert on the wrong side of the world presently, and my AR with the magpul is stuck back in the US in my gun locker...right where I can't get it. Nothing else I tried lockd up as tight as a fixed stock, but offered the adjustability of the 93B. I don't have a striker plate for it...hopefully some will be available by the time I get home in a few months.

I have the MIAD grip installed...haven't found anything I liked better. I use the magpull followers, too, and the ranger base plates. Great products.

Glockster35
12-20-06, 17:04
I agree, the M93 is the pinacle of collapsible stocks. I am sure the UBR is going to be nice, but I don't see a need to replace something that is perfectly made to begin with.

MagPul, keep the M93 in production, and press on with the UBR also. The M93 will still sell, and the UBR can be the M93's brother stock!

Mike91A
01-06-07, 19:01
Per a phone call to Magpul the UBR has integrated striker,integral sling swivel attachmant point ,metal buffer tube,fewer parts in lockup mechanism,and a triangular accessories box that fits / is screwed to that area of the stock. Rubber buttpad I believe comes with it (I could be wrong on the last however). I have two 93Bs and an SPR but am going to give the UBR a try when it comes out as well . Now what do we do with the three holes along the 93B? Battery compertments?

Glockster35
01-06-07, 19:31
Which three holes are you talking about?

I have a rail attached to the off hand side of mine...dunno what it is for, I will probably never use it.

Low Drag
01-06-07, 21:12
I've been thinking about a M93B for a bit now but found out about the UBR and was back on the fence.

If Magpul will give credit/trade in a M93B then I'm in, and since there's a gun show this weekend guess I'll be spending some money.....:)

combatvet
01-06-07, 23:55
Call for availability though.

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=374

Glockster35
01-07-07, 09:26
The N, after availability means it is not in stock!

A Y, would mean it is in stock...Thesae Strike Plates have the Big N!

Low Drag
01-07-07, 16:21
All, I have found the Striker Plates at The Malabar Front (http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_9&products_id=1037)

If you hurry, they are $24.95. He knows he is one of the last one's to have any, and his price is probably going to go up!

Mine has been ordered!

I just went there and couldn't find one, must be gone. Checked other link posted SKD I think and no luck there either!

I just picked up my M93B today at a local gun show and the dealer did not have the strike plates. I know where I can get one for $20 but it's a drive.

Anyone else have a link to a site with the strike plates? Best of all if they had the strike plate AND the Vickers sling! I'd save some shipping!

Glockster35
01-07-07, 17:50
I would think your best bet is the 20 minte drive.

Low Drag
01-07-07, 21:13
Well I just installed my new M92 and love it, very solid/tight.

It was a bit of a pain to get the take down detent spring in behind that spacer but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be to install.

This is a nice stock.

Oh, on Bushmaster not putting the stock locking nut/castle nut on tight and staking it. Mine was TIGHT AS HELL.