PDA

View Full Version : Small bore matches

bpd315
03-08-09, 23:04
Hello,

I am fairly new here and I am still finding new things on the site. When i checked this portion of the forum, it took me back to jr. high/ high school. I shot on my Army J.R.O.T.C. rifle team (back when you could still have a rifle on school campus and a C.S.M. over the team.) Had a blast. Not only in county but all over the southeast, mostly at military bases. Shot the Fort Rucker, Al. matches the most. The C.S.M. had strong ties to alot of people on the base so I guess that's why we went there alot. Hell, we didn't care. We would shoot whenever, whereever against whoever. It was a team of five guys, including myself who grew up together hunting, fishing and shooting all types of firearms. All of us went into some type of public service, either military or law enforcement. We still keep in contact with one another to this day, which without the internet would be slow at best.

Anyway, i am in Florida. Is anyone aware of small bore matches that adults can enter? Before I spent the money on finding a 40x or something to compete with I wanted to hear if there is actually matches to shoot in. I wish i could have purchased my 40x from school days, but i am sure after a few kids made it impossible to have a "firearm" on school campus, I am sure they all went back to Uncle Sam. As a side note, C.S.M. Long trained us to shoot indoors on an outdoor range by shooting his 1911 while kneeling beside us on the firing line. LOL, scared the hell out of you but it worked.

Thanks in advance and love the site.

Red.