PDA

View Full Version : Getting started with M4's

Artos
03-09-09, 08:52
1st post here and glad you will have me. Have a car a4 on order from rra and am going nuts with all the options. Looking at 4-12 month lead time & trying to decide on aftermarket products and optics.

Have been shooting / reloading for +/-20 years but my shooting has been mostly custom bolt / benchrest rigs / pistols. My current AR is a Les Baer varmint set up with a 56mm Zeiss that I pretty much use for pig hunting under clear nights & bright moons. It is great for it's application but not satisfying the black gun bug and needed a shorty.

Will be asking some questions and would like to say thanks for sharing.

Iraqgunz
03-09-09, 09:03
Welcome. Take a look at the Daniel Defense M4 carbine. They can be had for approx. 1500-1600.00 dollars and they are available now. It's very close if not exact to the MILSPEC standard and has a rail system and vertical foregrip as well as a PMAG and hard carrying case included.

Out of curiousity what is that RRA going to cost?

1st post here and glad you will have me. Have a car a4 on order from rra and am going nuts with all the options. Looking at 4-12 month lead time & trying to decide on aftermarket products and optics.

Have been shooting / reloading for +/-20 years but my shooting has been mostly custom bolt / benchrest rigs / pistols. My current AR is a Les Baer varmint set up with a 56mm Zeiss that I pretty much use for pig hunting under clear nights & bright moons. It is great for it's application but not satisfying the black gun bug and needed a shorty.

Will be asking some questions and would like to say thanks for sharing.

Artos
03-09-09, 09:23
Out of curiousity what is that RRA going to cost?

Thanks amigo....well, the main reason I went with rra was due to the cost. I am an ffl (albeit one of the little guys) and this company was one of the few that was willing to set me up and place an order whether one gun or 100. My Dad and two other customers wanted an AR/lower too and rra just kinda fell into place. Only problem is the hurry up and wait time like you stated.

I got the 16" stainless bbl w/ wylde chamber, hogue grip, vortex flash suppressor & rra front flip sight. Still need to decide on optics (leaning towards an eotech and maybe a LaRue buis). I think suggested retail was $1300+/-.

Don't get me wrong, I would love an upper end AR like the Daniel Defense & will get one once the finances are in line. Heck, I already have offers for the one I wanted for myself so may do it once it touches down if the offer is still there. Dad got the basic as is car a4 and suggested was a little over $900...I can always play with his if I decide to go 1st class.