PDA

View Full Version : Sig sas GenII 9mm

MAUSER202
03-09-09, 19:38
Does anyone know of a dealer who has a Sig sas GenII 9mm in stock?
I have been looking for one for weeks and cant find one.

Palmguy
03-09-09, 19:44
Bud's had the black and bitone models in stock at least a few days ago...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_28/products_id/55799

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_28/products_id/55803

MAUSER202
03-09-09, 20:14
Thanks

OPPFOR
03-09-09, 20:42
I had the chance to handle a Gen 2 229 SAS a couple months ago. Very nice pistol with smooth edges. I have not shot this pistol but I've heard good things about the SRT trigger system.

There is also a slightly smaller Gen 2 239 SAS available in 9mm. Less magazine capacity but you didn't specify.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p229-sas-gen.-2-9mm-siglite-night-sights-da-sa-srt.html

variablebinary
03-09-09, 20:47
I really hope SIG does a SAS Gen II style 226

losbronces
03-09-09, 21:25
I really hope SIG does a SAS Gen II style 226

I would like that as well, but the SAS treatment has been reserved for the 229 and 239 pistols so far. Here is a 229 SAS and a recent 226 with SRT, but these have a thinner trigger and longer travel on the double action. It reminds me a bit of the AST on the Walther.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z8/losbronces/PB220068.jpg

ToddG
03-09-09, 22:20
I'd recommend you take a very serious look at a standard model if you really are set on getting a SIG. The SAS thing, except for looking neat, serves zero purpose. None of the agencies I dealt with during my time at SIG ever needed or wanted the "SAS" treatment on their plainclothes/UC guns. Why? Because the guns don't snag to begin with. The SAS didn't come out of user demand, it was something the marketing department dreamed up. You're paying a premium for a feature that doesn't actually do anything.

If you want it because you want it, more power to you. Just don't fall into the trap of thinking it makes the gun more functional on some level.

The SRT, on the other hand, is a must-have in a SIG pistol. Heard a rumor that SIG was going to start using it as standard in all their DA/SA guns, at least the LE models ...

losbronces
03-09-09, 23:12
I'd recommend you take a very serious look at a standard model if you really are set on getting a SIG. The SAS thing, except for looking neat, serves zero purpose. None of the agencies I dealt with during my time at SIG ever needed or wanted the "SAS" treatment on their plainclothes/UC guns. Why? Because the guns don't snag to begin with. The SAS didn't come out of user demand, it was something the marketing department dreamed up. You're paying a premium for a feature that doesn't actually do anything.

If you want it because you want it, more power to you. Just don't fall into the trap of thinking it makes the gun more functional on some level.

The SRT, on the other hand, is a must-have in a SIG pistol. Heard a rumor that SIG was going to start using it as standard in all their DA/SA guns, at least the LE models ...

In the Sig 229 line, the SAS Gen 2 was the only model that offerred the SRT without the beaver tail. So for me, it was worth it.

I still don't understand why they don't just make the SRT standard.

MAUSER202
03-10-09, 16:51

I actualy dont like the sas treatment , but I want a P239 with nights and the srt trigger. My only other option would be the p239 tactical.

ToddG
03-10-09, 16:51
In the Sig 229 line, the SAS Gen 2 was the only model that offerred the SRT without the beaver tail. So for me, it was worth it.

Can't argue with that. The beavertail on SIGs is a piss poor design. The SRT is outstanding.

We'll see what 2009 holds. :cool:

MAUSER202
03-10-09, 16:52
I had the chance to handle a Gen 2 229 SAS a couple months ago. Very nice pistol with smooth edges. I have not shot this pistol but I've heard good things about the SRT trigger system.

There is also a slightly smaller Gen 2 239 SAS available in 9mm. Less magazine capacity but you didn't specify.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p229-sas-gen.-2-9mm-siglite-night-sights-da-sa-srt.html

Your right I forgot to say P239.

losbronces
03-10-09, 17:13
oops.

MMG
03-10-09, 21:11
Additionally, the SAS is now the only way to obtain a new 229 without a rail (I don't care for rails) and the rounded trigger guard. But I do agree that this is marketing and little else.

HK45
03-10-09, 21:31
Because they can charge extra for it.

Race
03-11-09, 00:35
Has Sig quality recently improved?

HK45
03-11-09, 07:17
Not that I'm aware of.

HK45
03-11-09, 18:39
At least they got rid of those awful wooden grips. They looked cheap, ugly, and were too thick. Also I never understood why they wood put dog shit yellow grips and a stainless slide on a pistol designed for concealed carry. Isn't it supposed to be unobtrusive?

Additionally, the SAS is now the only way to obtain a new 229 without a rail (I don't care for rails) and the rounded trigger guard. But I do agree that this is marketing and little else.

MMG
03-11-09, 19:40
At least they got rid of those awful wooden grips. They looked cheap, ugly, and were too thick. Also I never understood why they wood put dog shit yellow grips and a stainless slide on a pistol designed for concealed carry. Isn't it supposed to be unobtrusive?

I find myself in agreement. There are some wood grips that I do like but those weren't them. I've some Nils on a P226 and those are the cat's meow!

HK45
03-11-09, 21:11
Yeah Nills are friggin awesome.

variablebinary
03-11-09, 21:31

I wish SIG would sell a rail-less 226 with SRT :(

I saw some new stamped, imported 228 models at my local dealer. Cool right? Too bad they ruined the damn gun with those stupid rails. LAME!!!

MMG
03-11-09, 22:33
I wish SIG would sell a rail-less 226 with SRT :(

I saw some new stamped, imported 228 models at my local dealer. Cool right? Too bad they ruined the damn gun with those stupid rails. LAME!!!

These were US M11 overruns (some even have M11 markings that Sig tried to cover up). Rumor has it that this is the end of the 228 and the folded steel slides and that there won't be anymore after this batch. I'm sorely tempted and I hate the rails. I have 2 P228s though and they are awesome 9's IMO.

ra2bach
03-12-09, 13:46
why no love for rails on SIG pistols?

MMG
03-12-09, 14:20
why no love for rails on SIG pistols?

My main reason is that I have no use for a rail on a handgun. Mounting a light on one may provide illumination but using that light makes you a better target. I prefer a flashlight that I can hold away from myself whenever the need arises.

Rails make holsters a little more difficult to come by though the holster makers have been gearing up since Sig started making all of their handguns "tacticool".

Finally, I prefer the sleek classic lines of the older style "railless" Sigs.

Essentially, it's just a matter of personal preference. There's nothing wrong with rails. I just don't care for them.