PDA

View Full Version : Geisselle trigger problems in my RRA 9mm

Alaskapopo
03-09-09, 20:33
I get some malfunctions with my Geissle trigger where it follows the bolt forward from time to time. This happens more with hot ammo than with light stuff. I just adjusted the pull weight to make it heavier and put more sear engagement on it. My theory is the bolt is coming back so hard that it causes the trigger to jump the disconnector. Not sure if I am way off or not. Anyone have any ideas.

HolyRoller
03-10-09, 16:19
Maybe pretend it's software--uninstall and reinstall and adjust it like you were starting from new. Key quote from the instructions: "It is important to recognize that sear adjustment of the Geissele trigger is not a game in trying to adjust in as little sear engagement as possible. Insufficient sear engagement is the biggest cause of inconsistent trigger operation, pull through of the 2nd stage and wear of the sear ledges." So if you're putting in more sear engagement and still getting hammer follow, could be, the system needs a reboot.

DrMark
03-10-09, 18:38
Anyone have any ideas.
After talking to Mr. Geissele extensively at SHOT Show this year, I get the impression that he and/or his folks will be happy to help when you give them a call.

610-272-2060

Alaskapopo
03-10-09, 21:50
After talking to Mr. Geissele extensively at SHOT Show this year, I get the impression that he and/or his folks will be happy to help when you give them a call.

610-272-2060

Got it running. I put more sear engagement on it today and not one malfunciton in 100 rounds. Thanks for the help.
Pat