PDA

View Full Version : Its dumn to ask this on a gun forum but I just want to see what you guys think.

M4noob
03-09-09, 22:33
I just bought a KWA KM4A1 with a 9.5" JBU mock supressor with butterfly battery pack and smart charger. I f-ing love the gun so much I sleep next to it. (im 21 :rolleyes: ) The thing is everybody I tell about the gun thinks im a dumb asz for spending $460.00 total for my awsome airsoft rifle.

What do you guys think? The same way I do probly, That its worth every penny.

-Nick

Mikey
03-09-09, 22:37
Why didn't you just save that money and buy a real one?

You are incorrect in that assessment.

-Mike

Avenger29
03-09-09, 22:37
I just bought a KWA KM4A1 with a 9.5" JBU mock supressor with butterfly battery pack and smart charger. I f-ing love the gun so much I sleep next to it. (im 21 :rolleyes: ) The thing is everybody I tell about the gun thinks im a dumb asz for spending $460.00 total for my awsome airsoft rifle.

What do you guys think? The same way I do probly. That its worth every penny.

-Nick

:rolleyes:

Your kidding me, right? I'm 20 and I brought an actual AR-15 because I saved my money from working...

If I am paying $460, I'm getting a real firearm.

M4noob
03-09-09, 22:43
Yeah? Where can I get a real M4 for $460.00? Cuz people I've spoken to say the Carbine goes for $1,400

And its fun to play airsoft so ummmm.

trio
03-09-09, 22:45
i had no idea what you were talking about until you said "airsoft rifle"

if you are 21, $460 will get you a used G17....

or a LMT Defender lower with SOPMOD stock...

or....a case of beer and about 2 hours with a relatively good whore....

all of which I would instantly choose over an airsoft rifle...(although perhaps not in that order.....)

Avenger29
03-09-09, 22:46
Yeah? Where can I get a real M4 for $460.00? Cuz people I've spoken to say the Carbine goes for $1,400

First of all, I payed $1100 for my LMT.

Second of all, I could have purchased a Romanian WASR (AKM type semi-auto) for the price you payed for a toy. And I can kill a man with it.

Or I could have brought a lower receiver and some mags or a BCG for the price you paid for your airsoft gun and gotten a start towards ownership of an AR

Your airsoft does not impress me.

fruitjacket
03-09-09, 22:54
While I'm pretty sure I'm doing more than sniffiing the bait, I'll swallow.

It's my personal belief that those in the firearms community need to OPEN themselves up more to possible newbies. They are in fact, the future of this sport.

That being said, buying an airsoft weapon for $460 is going to get alot of flak here. You're halfway to a decent REAL weapon.

Why buy a bicycle when you can have a motorcycle?

At 21 years old, it's time to grow up, and be a responsible firearm owner.
If you need help picking one out, PM me and I'll do the best I can to assist you.

I'm not picking on you. I just happen to think toys are for boys.

Avenger29
03-09-09, 22:59
While I'm pretty sure I'm doing more than sniffiing the bait, I'll swallow.

It's my personal belief that those in the firearms community need to OPEN themselves up more to possible newbies. They are in fact, the future of this sport.

That being said, buying an airsoft weapon for $460 is going to get alot of flak here. You're halfway to a decent REAL weapon.

Why buy a bicycle when you can have a motorcycle?

At 21 years old, it's time to grow up, and be a responsible firearm owner.
If you need help picking one out, PM me and I'll do the best I can to assist you.

I'm not picking on you. I just happen to think toys are for boys.

On that note, $460 would have brought you a .22 rifle, 5000 rds of ammo, and maybe some other goodies. That would do you a lot more good than an airsoft rifle.

This is not an airsoft site. We shoot real rifles. Some of us spend gonzo amounts of money on firearms, ammunition, accessories, and training classes. (others of us are on more limited budgets).

Longhorn
03-09-09, 23:14
First and foremost: as long as you are happy with your purchase who cares?

But I wouldn't spend a dime on airsoft stuff when I know I can get the real deal if I save that ~$500. It's got a small purpose...but I just dont see the point in airsoft anymore.

Avenger29
03-09-09, 23:20
First and foremost: as long as you are happy with your purchase who cares?

But I wouldn't spend a dime on airsoft stuff when I know I can get the real deal if I save that ~$500. It's got a small purpose...but I just dont see the point in airsoft anymore.

Well, there is one purpose I have found...

Shooting the crat in the ass when he climbs up on top of my truck.

Cameron
03-09-09, 23:32
M4noob you are in good company here most of the guys that are "gun" guys, are actually airsofters that just spent a lot more money on ammo.

Cameron

Mr.Goodtimes
03-09-09, 23:37
i find the air soft crowd..... scary:rolleyes:

MisterWilson
03-09-09, 23:39
+1 to Trio.

citizensoldier16
03-09-09, 23:40

It's fun to play Yahtzee too, but to most of us here, what we do is no game. For many it is life and death in service to our country. For most it's about a pursuit of honed skills, self-confidence, and perpetual training. However, for all it's about being serious.

All in all, don't feel bad about that little orange piece on the end of your "m4". The training wheels will come off soon enough.

M4tographer
03-09-09, 23:47

-Nick

Nick,

Get rid of your toys and go serve the Nation.

;)

fruitjacket
03-09-09, 23:50
I'm pretty sure this is a fishing experiment.
Because of that, I won't offer anything else.

M4noob
03-09-09, 23:54
All the replys on here are pretty funny. I like this forum already.

So I wouldn't mind owning a real M4 Carbine or M9 pistol. I was wondering where I could start my search for a new affordable "real" toy.

Also, me and a buddy are going to sign up for our pistol permits pretty soon.

Jerm
03-10-09, 00:08
Airsoft is for guys who are affraid of paintball.:p

Seriously though...

I cant say much.

I had a $2000 paintball gun when i was in my early 20's.I also had several firearms and a rich girl at the time.:D

Not how i'd spend my money,but if it makes you happy...

Avenger29
03-10-09, 00:15

So I wouldn't mind owning a real M4 Carbine or M9 pistol. I was wondering where I could start my search for a new affordable "real" toy.

Good on going and getting your CCW permit.

You want to look at a S&W, Charles Daly, Lewis Machine and Tool, and even Daniel Defense for affordable ARs that are quality. Do yourself a real favor and don't buy the cheapest AR out there (DPMS, Olympic are not very good quality). There is currently a shortage in the market for ARs, unfortunately, so that is also a factor.

But you really, really out to pick up a .22 rifle and a .22 pistol to learn on. Centerfire ammunition is not cheap...

Once you start shooting real firearms, you won't go back:p

locobombero
03-10-09, 00:16
Just dont understand not continuing a little farther and get a real rifle. Then again Im not sure I want you to have one if you make habit out of sleeping with it.

This isn't you is it?
http://members.cox.net/alt.email02/InternetCommando.jpg

boganz45
03-10-09, 00:28
Hmmm...

Not sure how to respond here.

I must say I don't understand why you sleep next to your airsoft gun. The only things worthwhile sleeping next to are women, firearms, and perhaps your dog (in no particular order). Later,

tinman44
03-10-09, 01:29
i had very expensive paintball markers in my time, though the sport got so unsafe i left it on a whim. i looked at getting into airsoft since i knew of training that was done with airsoft. i ended up with a glock airsoft to shoot cats and dogs in my yard and a colt 6920. dont regret any of it. that all said throughout my time with paintball i owned and legally carried a firearm on my person.

bkb0000
03-10-09, 02:00
did you really think anyone here would approve of your dart gun?

i wont rip on you, because there's no point... but i will explain that mostly likely nobody here has any clue what makes a good airsoft gun, so the coolness is totally lost on us. there's plenty of airsoft forums with stickied picture threads where everyone can pop bones over each others dart guns.. i recommend relocating so's not to cause unnecessary infractions.

Gentoo
03-10-09, 02:11
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7303/taktikewl.jpg

CHoffman
03-10-09, 02:24

Well you can start your search at your local military recruitment station. Then they'll give you an M16/M4 and maybe an M9 with free ammo. Can't beat that. Maybe instead of signing up for a permit sign up with one of the service branches. Then you can trade sleeping with a toy for the real thing and even get paid for it. You will be the envy of your local airsoft club.

Iraqgunz
03-10-09, 02:43
Seriously guys. Why are we indulging this assclown?

Ridge_Runner_5
03-10-09, 04:04

-Nick

Was that English...the part in red is all I could comprehend...I sleep next to any number of these depending on how insecure I am :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b100/89Sunbird/Collection.jpg

A-Bear680
03-10-09, 04:54
:confused:

-Nick

Wrong site , Nick. Try this:

www.ar15.com

You will meet lots of kindred spirits who will share your joy.

R/Tdrvr
03-10-09, 06:22
Stop feeding the troll. :D

Jay Cunningham
03-10-09, 06:28
Enough.