PDA

View Full Version : HK-416 video in slow motion

rsilvers
12-17-06, 09:44
See the video (http://www.silencertests.com/videos/416slowmo.wmv)

Sorry no sound.

Chris_C
12-17-06, 15:55
Why would there be sound?... there is a silencer being used :p

Pretty neat seeing the brass get beat up on the deflector.

K.L. Davis
12-17-06, 16:35
rsilvers... can you give me the specs on the camera used for that?

SHIVAN
12-17-06, 18:24
Excellent post/video Robert!!!!

SuicideHz
12-17-06, 18:33
That was pretty neat. I was surprised to see how much that mag wobbled. You should have used an H&K mag:p

There was also a good amount of blast coming from the ejection port- mainly from the suppressor and then barrelI assume? Otherwise, those pistons are supposed to eliminate all that, at least that which would come from the bolt/carrier. Nevermind. The carrier doesn't even have the exhaust ports so that HAS to be from the barrel!

Thanks.

K.L. Davis
12-17-06, 18:42
Otherwise, those pistons are supposed to eliminate all that...

Thanks.

The pistons are supposed to eliminate the barrel flexing that causes vertical stringing too... but if you slow that down even more, you can see at about 6 seconds where the front of the barrel flexes downward before the bolt starts to unlock from the first shot.

...but then, some folks already knew this :cool:

Cool video though and thanks for the info on the camera rsilvers.

Milkman
12-17-06, 18:56
The pistons are supposed to eliminate the barrel flexing that causes vertical stringing too... but if you slow that down even more, you can see at about 6 seconds where the front of the barrel flexes downward before the bolt starts to unlock from the first shot.

...but then, some folks already knew this :cool:

Cool video though and thanks for the info on the camera rsilvers.

The receiver looks to be flexing too.

SuicideHz
12-17-06, 19:02
I think the shooter's biceps are flexing...

rsilvers
12-17-06, 21:11
The camera is called the HDR-SR1 and can capture 240 frames per second for up to 3 seconds but without sound.

The barrel and receiver may not be flexing. It is possible that the camera shutter or the way that the CMOS sensor works or is readout causes distortion. I know that the moving-slit shutters on SLR cameras cause motion distortion.

K.L. Davis
12-17-06, 21:26
The camera is called the HDR-SR1 and can capture 240 frames per second for up to 3 seconds but without sound.

The barrel and receiver may not be flexing. It is possible that the camera shutter or the way that the CMOS sensor works or is readout causes distortion. I know that the moving-slit shutters on SLR cameras cause motion distortion.

The distortion along the top of the receiver and the optics mount is distortion... Have you looked at multi camera HS recording? You can get into the 1000s of FPS for not too much money at all...

VNGunfighter
12-18-06, 13:26
Was thinking of getting a GPU (POF) or( LW) to help with the gas problem, looks like the one can't get away from that-I don't know what the backpressure would be like on a 16"-20"-Anyway, PRI gas buster works fine and diverts alot of the gas-For left handers, ejection port and charging handle gas will give them a nice treat.

Anyway Gemtech "Halo" on a 10.5" upper is fine and works well.

-J

MASP7
12-18-06, 21:00
So that's what that looks like...

I don't think that any flex that does occur (and of course, there is some) would be visible in that video.

It would be interesting to see a video of a non-supressed HK416 compared to an M4 of the same barrel length.