PDA

View Full Version : register your ammo

bkb0000
03-11-09, 05:09
http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0309/Man_arrested_near_Capitol_with_guns_sword_.html

um.. how the hell do you "register" ammunition?

Iraqgunz
03-11-09, 05:42
Are they referring to more idiotic microstamping? I think it's a good idea and so I started scratching names on some of bullets to help identify them. :D

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0309/Man_arrested_near_Capitol_with_guns_sword_.html

um.. how the hell do you "register" ammunition?

TY44934
03-11-09, 12:50
UNREGISTERED AMMUNITION = D.C. LAW SINCE 1978

It is part of the D.C. city code. AND, charging anyone who is not a D.C. resident with a violation of this law is probably a violation of the 1986 Firearm Owner's Protection Act (FOPA 86).

Nevertheless, D.C. police (MDC) have publically stated that they ignore federal law (FOPA 86) and will arrest, confiscate and charge anyone they catch in D.C. with a gun or ammunition (other than a D.C. resident with a valid registration AND ammunition - but ONLY in the same caliber for the registered weapon). They came right out and said it several times in the Washington Post; something to the effect of "you have to drive around D.C. with a gun."

Wait - it gets better:

Any ammunition "components" = "ammunition" in D.C. So, a single fired 9mm casing you forgot about in your trunk or truck bed = felony "unregistered ammunition" because its a "component."

That is all public information.

Guy arrested was detained by Capitol Police - NOT MDC.

Capitol police = federal force not connected to D.C.'s corruption-ridden government. Their permanent jurisdiction is ONLY capitol hill - that is it. BUT, former members have told me that they also ignore FOPA because there is no reason to transit through the hill under FOPA; indeed, the only highway in D.C. (295) does not go through the hill. Considering how limited their territory is, and how important their work is in protecting our legislators, I have a lot less of a problem with Capitol Police' interpretation of FOPA '86, than I do with MDC's interpretation of the twisted laws passed by D.C.'s city counsel (which includes convicted crack-smoker and perenial tax dodge, Marion Barry).

CarlosDJackal
03-11-09, 12:53
What ammo? ;)