PDA

View Full Version : So ive been under a rock for 3 months

theblackknight
03-11-09, 10:22
So I just escaped MCRD San Diego last Friday. Im back in civilization!

What has happend in the Industry since about Dec 8th? Are Pmags still impossible to find? Have Lancer5's been gobbled up too?Ammo 5000$ per case yet?Stripped lowers? New laws i should know about?
How many AWB's has obama tried to pass?

I seen the 2009 shotshow stuff. Magpul need to get that sling out like yesterday before I goplay in the sand.

lalakai
03-11-09, 10:31
lol welcome back to the world.

prices have jumped on nearly all components, and a corresponding lack of availability if there too. That said you can find all those items, but you have to look more. some merchants are holding the line on prices, but they get hammered heavy and are limiting your purchases (ie, no more buying 200 pmags at a time).

watch the AR General Discussion forum to see which merchants have supplies, and what the going prices are. Just a few days ago i was seeing some lowers available again.

to find more info on bills/actions regarding firearms, read the top thread in this forum.

good hunting

militarymoron
03-11-09, 10:50
actually, it's turned around. no more panic buying. the stock market is crashing, and black rifles went back down to 1985 prices. i just picked up two belgian FN FALs for $800 each and another HK93 for $450. one store was blowing out HK93 mags for $20 each, so i bought a dozen.
.223 came back down and leveled out to pre-insane prices. last week i ordered 5 cases of Q3131 for $130 a case and some M855 for about $195/k, shipping included. also found some south african .308 battlepacks for about $250/1120 rounds so i stocked up on that.

everyone seems to have a surplus of parts. with obama in office, the war on terror is winding down as the terrorists are just giving up, so the military/govt suppliers are now able to channel some of their product to the commercial market. trijicon has overstocks and are offering a 40% discount just to move inventory, if you can show civilian ID.

gas in my area went up last month from $.89/gallon to $.95/gallon so that's a bit scary.

yeah, i WISH. :p

Dave L.
03-11-09, 11:04
MM,

You had me for a minute :rolleyes:

Dave L.
03-11-09, 11:06

What has happend in the Industry since about Dec 8th? Are Pmags still impossible to find? Have Lancer5's been gobbled up too?Ammo 5000$ per case yet?Stripped lowers? New laws i should know about?

I seen the 2009 shotshow stuff. Magpul need to get that sling out like yesterday before I goplay in the sand.

Congrats Devil Dog, the two best days of Marine Corps life are: the day you graduate basic, and the day you drive of the base with your DD-214 in your hand.:D

losbronces
03-11-09, 11:39

The Magpul sling is out and available in black.
My observation is that Pmags availability is improving, although some sellers have increased prices--there is a thread here that keeps up with where to buy. Ammo prices are still going up and my opinion is that availability is now worse than its ever been and prices reflect the shortage.

The one move for an AWB was actually shot down by House Speaker Pelosi (she actually called for enforcement of existing laws first) for now, but you can catch up on that on a stickied thread.

Kimbo
03-11-09, 16:10
Congrats BlackKnight. What MOS are you contracted for? Have fun riding the SeaBreeze...:p

Staind503
03-11-09, 17:49
Congrats Devil Dog, the two best days of Marine Corps life are: the day you graduate basic, and the day you drive of the base with your DD-214 in your hand.:D

Ain't that the truth! :D

SeriousStudent
03-11-09, 19:10
Congratulations on joining a brotherhood that reaches back well over 200 years. Remember the phrase "It's a small Marine Corps" - for you will meet many of the same shitbirds and people that excel, all over the world.

Remember all the little lessons you learn. May you have a safe enlistment. And thank you for your service to our country.