PDA

View Full Version : pic of Norinco M4gery (!) Operator's Manual

30 cal slut
03-11-09, 17:14
:D:eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/kubla69/DSC01638.jpg

Smedley
03-11-09, 17:29
"kill individuals or group active objects" ?
"enjoy a better annihilating firepower" ?
I wonder which online translator Norinco used? .. LOL!

fruitjacket
03-11-09, 17:35
Notice they didn't write "extremely reliable".

:eek:

I kid....I kid

exkc135driver
03-11-09, 20:44
Actually that's better than many Chinese-to-sorta-English operator's manuals.

"kill individuals or group active objects" ?
"enjoy a better annihilating firepower" ?

That is JUST the language the boys and girls in Congress will quote to justify AWBII. Thanks a lot, Norinco,

Jay Cunningham
03-12-09, 04:50
Actually that's better than many Chinese-to-sorta-English operator's manuals.

That is JUST the language the boys and girls in Congress will quote to justify AWBII. Thanks a lot, Norinco,

Read this Before You Post About Obama and/or a Federal AWB or Gun Control. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25110)

mmike87
03-12-09, 07:54
Amazes me that in 2009 we still cannot translate from one language to another. You'd think with the volumn of foreign crap other countries are sending here, they could get the manuals translated correctly.

BUSINESS IDEA: How about a company here in the US to verify translations of instruction manuals? Companies in China could outsource this verification service to the USA.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-12-09, 08:29
I sell specialty chemicals, and we get all kinds of goofy translated emails soliciting raw materials, and even competitive materials all the time.

It sounds like a joke, but we'd get ones that said things like "Honor to your dead relatives and wishes on prosperous business". Some were so hookey that you'd think they were fakes.

We can't be to hard on Norinco. HRC can't even get the State Department to translate the word "reset" right on the button she gave to the Ruskies. Supposedly it said "Overcharge", but I think it said "Bl0wj0b" and they were afraid to press it.

Business_Casual
03-12-09, 10:03
Amazes me that in 2009 we still cannot translate from one language to another. You'd think with the volumn of foreign crap other countries are sending here, they could get the manuals translated correctly.

BUSINESS IDEA: How about a company here in the US to verify translations of instruction manuals? Companies in China could outsource this verification service to the USA.

Companies that have the margin and the brand equity necessary to do the translation correctly will pay their own staff or their consultants to do it. Have you ever read a Sony manual that wasn't correct?

Companies, such as ones owned by the PLA, don't do it because they aren't driven by brand recognition and product image issues.

M_P